SiouxSports.com Forum

Dayn Belfour to FM Jets

andyk1001

Steady Eddy is very proud to be a Sioux (attended NC two years ago) and I would bet that Dayn would be attending UND in a year or two.

Rode the plane with Dayn on his way up here to try out. He's a great kid and told me one of his goals is to play for the Sioux. No question he will be heading to UND if he continues to develop and improve to a D1 caliber goalie.

Was he not given an opportunity to play in the USHL, or was this a decision based on more playing time? I would think you would want to face the best competition if your goal is to play D1. Not saying that the NAHL hasn't produced its share, but if given the opportunity, I would opt for the league that is one step removed from the college ranks.

What kind of stats has he put up recently?

Must be impressive to be chosen to play for the U18 selects team.

His regular season stats playing Midget AAA in Plymouth Michigain were less than stellar last season. Still he got invited to the USA selection camp and that is where he performed well. Looks just like his old man.

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/playerp...playerid=558815

Beau Christian was the dominant Goalie in his league.

Was he not given an opportunity to play in the USHL, or was this a decision based on more playing time? I would think you would want to face the best competition if your goal is to play D1. Not saying that the NAHL hasn't produced its share, but if given the opportunity, I would opt for the league that is one step removed from the college ranks.

I was wondering the same thing. However Ben Bishop has done pretty good for Maine and he came out of the NAHL.

Steady Eddy is very proud to be a Sioux (attended NC two years ago) and I would bet that Dayn would be attending UND in a year or two.

I would say two to three years. It takes goaltenders longer to develop and Eddie wants him to take it slow. I believe Eddie was a 20 y/o when he started with the Sioux. It seems like it's important for forwards and defensemen to get their pro career started as early as possible because they're typically done playing by the time they're 30, but it's probably better for goaltenders to develop and dominate at each level before moving up. My guess is that Anthony Grieco will be a junior at UND when Belfour is a freshman. He might even wait till Grieco is a senior.

Has the Jets roster been released yet?

No, but the team has been selected after last weekend's final tryout camp. I do not know all of the roster, but local players include Marc Mihulka of GF Red River, Marc Harrie, Paul Weisgarber and Grant Larson of Fargo, veterans Jon Halstenson and Elliott Oklund from Fargo, Robby Phillip of Thief River Falls, Andrew Muir of Kittson, and Beau Christian of Moorhead. Paul Weisgarber is on the 25 man roster for Waterloo of the USHL, and the final roster should be set after this weekend. Robby Phillip made the Indiana Ice, but may not go. Jeff Foss of Moorhead made the Tri-City roster, but will return to Moorhead for his senior year.

No, but the team has been selected after last weekend's final tryout camp. I do not know all of the roster, but local players include Marc Mihulka of GF Red River, Marc Harrie, Paul Weisgarber and Grant Larson of Fargo, veterans Jon Halstenson and Elliott Oklund from Fargo, Robby Phillip of Thief River Falls, Andrew Muir of Kittson, and Beau Christian of Moorhead. Paul Weisgarber is on the 25 man roster for Waterloo of the USHL, and the final roster should be set after this weekend. Robby Phillip made the Indiana Ice, but may not go. Jeff Foss of Moorhead made the Tri-City roster, but will return to Moorhead for his senior year.

I believe Grant Larson is attending St Thomas and could potentially play hockey there as well.

I was wondering the same thing. However Ben Bishop has done pretty good for Maine and he came out of the NAHL.

Here's an interesting historical note:

Ryan Miller (MSU goaltender who took the Hobey away from Panzer) was a product of Soo of the NAHL.

Is Marc Mihulka the son of Robbie Mihulka ??

• 1 month later...