SiouxSports.com Forum

Fullerton Still Talking Big Sky Expansion

star2city

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An "NDSU grad" talking about their personal problems in regards to a turf-care issue of a UND fan ends a thread on SiouxSports.com? I think not.

Holdem, don't you have another punching-bag football opponent to go hype up for homecoming? And for that matter, you're spending your homecoming weekend posting here? :silly:

Fixation. F-I-X, A-T, I-O-N. Fixation. :lol:

PS - I'd already invoked "Diggler". We must talk about the BSC henceforth.

Thank you for invoking the Diggler Rule.

Feel free with it as well. :silly:

I think I read somewhere that the BSC presidents are meeting this month.

For some reason I'm recalling "Oct 23" as a meeting date for the BSC folks though I can't find it anywhere on the web now.

To all,

Lets be real about this Siouxfans, the Fargo guys have a point...GF is a really small market that only includes the Minneapolis, Milwaukee, and Madison areas when they are playing Div 1A College Hockey games. So just like the Fargo fans say, lets not get all hyped up about the BSC because they really don't care about the exposure we could possibly bring to UND athletics, ND, and the BSC in general when we are being telecasted for hockey games - for Christ Sakes its only hockey and who the hell watches hockey? :silly:

To that extent, I must say I enjoyed watching Fighting Sioux Hockey on 641 last night and I'm sure there was a significant amount of viewers in the Minneapolis and Milwaukee/Madison markets who watched as well. Needless to say, I would like to see the UND football games on TV as well and hopefully they can figure out how to televise those games as well with FSSN - Again, considering we are small market when compared to Fargo and thus should not get our hopes up that any conference would want the small market exposure college hockey brings to the table. :lol:

BOBIWABUCHIFAN

GF is a really small market that only includes the Minneapolis, Milwaukee, and Madison ...

Denver ...

To that extent, I must say I enjoyed watching Fighting Sioux Hockey on 641 last night and I'm sure there was a significant amount of viewers in the Minneapolis and Milwaukee/Madison markets who watched as well.

I couldn't do that. I was forced to watch it on Fighting Sioux Sports Network. (Fox Sports was kind enough to work with FSSN/Midco Cable to put the FSN-Wisconsin feed onto the system.) If I saw it, it was on throughout ND/SD/NW MN.

See...There you go again getting all of our Sioux hopes up by saying we actually reach people on our network! :) Great, now the people from Fargo are going to be mad because their network doesn't have as much exposure and they'll keep pointing out its just Hockey anyway. Its time we all just realize that Fargo is better and they get more exposure than UND does in the greater Fargo/Moorehead metropolitan area! ???:D:D

BOBIWABUCHIFAN

See...There you go again getting all of our Sioux hopes up by saying we actually reach people on our network! :D Great, now the people from Fargo are going to be mad because their network doesn't have as much exposure and they'll keep pointing out its just Hockey anyway. Its time we all just realize that Fargo is better and they get more exposure than UND does in the greater Fargo/Moorehead metropolitan area!

BOBIWABUCHIFAN

Looks like the Mid Continent Conference will give NDSU / SDSU all kinds of cable coverage. :D

Below is the television schedule for the 2006 Mid-Continent Conference Men's & Women's Basketball Championships.

Women's First Round

Mar. 4/5 - UMKC vs. TBA, noon/2:30 p.m. (Metro Sports)

Men's First Round

Mar. 4/5 - UMKC vs. TBA, 6/8:30 p.m. (Metro Sports)

Men's Semifinals

Mar. 6 - Winner #1/8 vs. Winner #4/5, 6 p.m (Mid-Con TV)

Mar. 6 - Winner #2/7 vs. Winner #3/6, 8:30 p.m (Mid-Con TV)

Women's Championship

Mar. 7 - Semifinal Winners, 12:30 p.m. (ESPNU) [Release]Men's Championship

Mar. 7 - Semifinal Winners, 6 p.m. (ESPN) [Release]

Mid-Con TV outlets include Metro Sports (Kansas City, Mo.), Comcast Indianapolis, Comcast Local (Michigan), WYIN-56 (Northwest Indiana/Northeast Illinois), Cox Cable (Oklahoma) and WWIR (Macomb, Ill.) and Fox Rocky Mountain.

Webcasts of all Mid-Con Tournament games are available on the internet at www.mid-con.tv

Of the MidCon schools, it appears only UMKC has a cable deal. NDSU and SDSU have yet to sign any kind of cable deal, but certainly their AD's have been working on that for a long time.

If you have an existing cable network, sure helps to telecast games on short notice. :)

So when the Big Sky added UNC, UNC effectively delivered them the Altitude network.

When the Big Sky was considering NDSU and SDSU, neither school could even deliver their own local markets on cable. ???

To repeat, UND's FSSN is a major asset for getting into a conference and give UND conference opportunities sooner than NDSU and SDSU experienced in their transitions.

Looks like the Mid Continent Conference will give NDSU / SDSU all kinds of cable coverage. :D

Of the MidCon schools, it appears only UMKC has a cable deal. NDSU and SDSU have yet to sign any kind of cable deal, but certainly their AD's have been working on that for a long time.

If you have an existing cable network, sure helps to telecast games on short notice. :)

So when the Big Sky added UNC, UNC effectively delivered them the Altitude network.

When the Big Sky was considering NDSU and SDSU, neither school could even deliver their own local markets on cable. ???

To repeat, UND's FSSN is a major asset for getting into a conference and give UND conference opportunities sooner than NDSU and SDSU experienced in their transitions.

Why? Because star2city says so! Never mind the complete lack of evidence.

Why? Because star2city says so! Never mind the complete lack of evidence.

Why listen to me? Listen to your favorite Bison buddy, Steve Hallstrom. He states it gonna happen. ???

If UND's Harmeson states something off-the-record to Hallstrom, even Hallstrom recognizes that Harmeson's word is practically a sure thing.

Nothing may happen during this Big Sky meeting, but UND --> BSC is coming down and you can't stop it even by pretending it won't.

Why listen to me? Listen to your favorite Bison buddy, Steve Hallstrom. He states it gonna happen. ???

If UND's Harmeson states something off-the-record to Hallstrom, even Hallstrom recognizes that Harmeson's word is practically a sure thing.

Nothing may happen during this Big Sky meeting, but UND --> BSC is coming down and you can't stop it even by pretending it won't.

Again, how about a little evidence?

Hallstrom states that it's going to happen? Really, when did he say that? Perhaps, I missed something. I read his comments, at least those of which I am aware, as a put-down of the delusional attitude at UND. Akin to "They either know something or they're ON something", to borrow a phrase from Dan Cole.

My question is - if you really think UND is a shoe-in for the BSC, why do feel the compulsion to ram it down people's throats? Confident people rarely act that way.

My question is - if you really think UND is a shoe-in for the BSC, why do feel the compulsion to ram it down people's throats? Confident people rarely act that way.
The only people that are acting cocky on this subject are know-it-all bison fans who think the possiblity of UND --> BSC is absurd based on their own dismal experience. After all, if the brilliant leadership of the demigod Chapman failed to get NDSU into the BSC, what possible chance could a leaderless UND have. ??? But the reality of the situation is this: UND will succeed where NDSU has failed.

BTW, in case you're not aware, :D this is a Sioux forum, and reading and posting are entirely at your option (among other things). :D

The only people that are acting cocky on this subject are know-it-all bison fans who think the possiblity of UND --> BSC is absurd based on their own dismal experience. After all, if the brilliant leadership of the demigod Chapman failed to get NDSU into the BSC, what possible chance could a leaderless UND have. ??? But the reality of the situation is this: UND will succeed where NDSU has failed.

BTW, in case you're not aware, :D this is a Sioux forum, and reading and posting are entirely at your option (among other things). :D

"UND will succeed where NDSU has failed."

There it is!!!! That's the answer to my question. You want this to be true so badly that you feel compelled to repeat it over and over again, hoping that somehow that will make it come true.

Maybe UND will end up in the BSC, maybe they wont. Regardless, NDSU has already succeeded. Nothing UND can do will change that.

Your wish cannot come true.

"UND will succeed where NDSU has failed."

There it is!!!! That's the answer to my question. You want this to be true so badly that you feel compelled to repeat it over and over again, hoping that somehow that will make it come true.

Maybe UND will end up in the BSC, maybe they wont. Regardless, NDSU has already succeeded. Nothing UND can do will change that.

Your wish cannot come true.

Talk about displaying insecurity and projecting it. Fact: NDSU failed to get in the BSC. Very Possible: UND getting into the Big Sky.

Strange how an overriding theme in bisonville is: "UND will fail to keep up with NDSU." Their fans want this to be true so badly that they feel compelled to repeat it over and over again, hoping that somehow that will make it come true. The converse of that theme is not prevalent here on Siouxsports.

OBTW, you will get in the Gateway and hope you are pleased with it. Furthermore, I do wish NDSU all the "luck" in pursuing their dreams, however little value that has. But here's the difference: I hope and pray UND follows on a path toward a destiny that it was created for.

Talk about displaying insecurity and projecting it. Fact: NDSU failed to get in the BSC. Very Possible: UND getting into the Big Sky.

Strange how an overriding theme in bisonville is: "UND will fail to keep up with NDSU." Their fans want this to be true so badly that they feel compelled to repeat it over and over again, hoping that somehow that will make it come true. The converse of that theme is not prevalent here on Siouxsports.

OBTW, you will get in the Gateway and hope you are pleased with it. Furthermore, I do wish NDSU all the "luck" in pursuing their dreams, however little value that has. But here's the difference: I hope and pray UND follows on a path toward a destiny that it was created for.

I'm reminded of a small child saying something like, "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you." Your post is, again, a collection of irrelevant nonsense. But, hey, whatever makes you feel good. That's what this whole thread has been about anyway.

They'll be there...at least a couple more years. Then they'll probably move to I-A.

I could see the Montana schools, especially U of M, threatening to make a play for the WAC the next time Big Sky expansion comes around unless the other presidents take a hard look at adding a school or two that is an attractive peer institution to them, academically, athletically, and geographically. Who will be available in the next 5 years that fits that criteria? :)