SiouxSports.com Forum

Jordan Parise

Sioux

Well, it wouldn't be bad actually. Clemmensen has really yet to actually PROVE himself at a high level. New Jersey really has no depth after Brodeur.

I am not so sure, Clemmensen hasn't really had a chance to prove himself because Brodeur plays almost every game. Clemmensen if you look at his record hasn't done anything wrong he just doesn't play.

I am no sure if I was a up and coming goalie I would want to be in that predicament. Of course every goalie wants to start and play a lot. I suppose he could go to Lowell (I think that is NJ new AHL team) and play and get experience. Brodeur isn't going to play forever.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so sure, Clemmensen hasn't really had a chance to prove himself because Brodeur plays almost every game. Clemmensen if you look at his record hasn't done anything wrong he just doesn't play.

I am no sure if I was a up and coming goalie I would want to be in that predicament. Of course every goalie wants to start and play a lot. I suppose he could go to Lowell (I think that is NJ new AHL team) and play and get experience. Brodeur isn't going to play forever.

Well of course he would go to Lowell. Don't expect him to be in the NHL as a backup right away. They want to get him some experience first. Almost every goalie I have ever heard of has played in the minors.

I think they both stay, Toews has pretty much said that he was staying and that he would be at UND for at least 1 more year.

Towes said he would stay if he was going to be sent to the minors. If he gets to play with the big boys, he'll go.

Not even a moron operation like the Bruins would make Parise a backup in the NHL right away. Other then Marc-Andre Fleury (HA HA! way to put it off of O'Sullivan), who's another goalie that has gone straight from college/major juniors/Europe to the NHL? Dan Blackburn? And look what happened with him.

Not even a moron operation like the Bruins would make Parise a backup in the NHL right away. Other then Marc-Andre Fleury (HA HA! way to put it off of O'Sullivan), who's another goalie that has gone straight from college/major juniors/Europe to the NHL? Dan Blackburn? And look what happened with him.

Yep the moron's traded one of their top goalie prospects to the Maple Leafs but they did manage to sign Cedno Chara and Savard in the past week. So getting rid of their old GM might have paid off.

Yep the moron's traded one of their top goalie prospects to the Maple Leafs but they did manage to sign Cedno Chara and Savard in the past week. So getting rid of their old GM might have paid off.

Raycroft has been fading....they now have Tuukka Rask who is probably a better prospect at this point. And Zdeno Chara was a HUGE signing for them.

It's funny how people only blame the goalie for that loss, its even more naive and stupid that someone has a bad game and all of a sudden he doesn't have to game for the NHL. If I remember correctly the defense had one of the worst games of the season, but some how that goes unnoticed. Looking at parise numbers wise his GAA of 2.20 was only .02 higher than goehrings best year of 2.18, while parise had seasons of 2.09 and 2.13, adavntage parise. Winning % Goehring's best was a.724 and worst was .679, parises were a high of .738, and a low of .685, once again slight advantage to parise. Goehring went to two straight national championship games and went 1-1, parise went to two straight final fours losing in the semifinals and in the championship game, advantage Goehring but only slightly. I say only slighty because anyone who remember those teams Goehring played on remembers that they were much more dominant and better overall than the teams Parise played for, in parise championship runner up year, it was a senior led team that didn't have a lot of overall talent, followed by a team full of inexperienced freshman. There were no panzers or roche's.

I for one feel Parise's accompolishments were even more impressive after looking at that, the goalie shouldn't get all the credit for a championship, and he shouldn't also get all the blame for a loss. The problem i sense here is that Lammy is a local boy, and their is a lot of resentment that he isn't the number one goalie on the team. Even if Parise gets signed it will be awhile before he plays. Heck look at ryan miller in buffalo, he was the Hobey Baker winner that beat out panzer, and it took him almost 4-5 years to be the number one goalie. It takes longer for goalies to adjust to the pro game usually, but in about 5 years, Parise will be in the mix, because he has the size and the technical aspects of the position down pat.

I, for one, never blamed Parise for the loss or never advocated for Lammy to take over in net. I have been a huge Parise fan over the last three years. That doesn't change my opinion that winning championships is what seperates the legends from the studs. Parise had great numbers, was a tremendous leader, and gave the Sioux three great chances to win the big one. He played solid in the 04 and 05 losses to DU but let in a number of weak goals in the loss to BC. It's too bad that is likely his last game in Green and White.

If he signed with NJ, best of luck to him. I'd love to see him beat the odds and be a regular in the NHL. While I could give a rats ass about pro hockey, the brass in NJ is doing a real good job of making me into a Devils fan.

As for Toews, he needs another year somewhere other than the NHL to be physically ready. He got knocked on his ass way to often to play at that level right now. The question is whether that somewhere else will be the AHL or the WCHL.

As for Toews, he needs another year somewhere other than the NHL to be physically ready. He got knocked on his ass way to often to play at that level right now. The question is whether that somewhere else will be the AHL or the WCHL.

I hope you meant to type an A instead of an L but they are on opposite sides of the keyboard. :ohmy: If you meant to type an L, the WCHL would be a step back for Toews and will never happen.

Raycroft has been fading....they now have Tuukka Rask who is probably a better prospect at this point. And Zdeno Chara was a HUGE signing for them.

Don't forget Hannu Toivonen was doing well before he injured his ankle. I just hope the Bruins aren't going to wheel out Tim Thomas and expect that he will be a front line starter. The Bruins are going to be better.

Don't forget Hannu Toivonen was doing well before he injured his ankle. I just hope the Bruins aren't going to wheel out Tim Thomas and expect that he will be a front line starter. The Bruins are going to be better.

I think they'll bring Rask over from Finland to play in the AHL this season. Tim Thomas and Toivonen will split duties I believe. Thomas was pretty good last year. They do need an established starting goalie though next year. But they will have some nice firepower. Patrice Bergeron will break out next year, I'm calling it. And like it was said earlier, they just acquired the best pure shutdown d-man in the NHL. They will be better next year.

Patrice Bergeron will break out next year, I'm calling it. And like it was said earlier, they just acquired the best pure shutdown d-man in the NHL. They will be better next year.

I wounder if Kessel will be playing on the same line wiht Partice?

That would make a dynamite duo right there. However, Malkin and Crosby duo is going to be something special too.

Malkin and Crosby really are only EXPECTED to play together on the PP. They are both natural centers. However, some people seem to think they want to move Crosby to the wing. That would be ridiculous since Crosby is already a top 5 center in the NHL. They will probably be on two separate lines.

Interesting---#1 Prospect Frazee or walkon Parise?:ohmy: Very Interesting!!!

It's not quite that simple. Frazee has three years left of eligibility, Parise has (had?) one. While Jeff didn't tear it up on the ice as well as he did off it, with some maturing he can still have a solid career. Let's see what happens in the next couple of years before we draw any conclusions. There is no question that JP is ahead of Frazee now though.

After Brodeur retires, if for some reason Parise and Frazee end up being the #1 and #2 tenders, has there ever been a rotation in the NHL with a former Sioux and a former Gopher?

I'd be very surprised to see #1 in net next year, although I would LOVE too. But I can't knock Jordy for signing (if he has). 1 year of remaining eligibility is not enough to keep a free agent goalie in college, even if it is for a program like UND's.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to watch him play the last few years, and although Milwaukee was disappointing, it is far from JP's fault. He's got a good head on his shoulders & ready for the jump.

Best of luck for the future & thanks for picking UND JP!

I don't think anybody in their right mind would say Karl is a better goalie than Jordan. You can say that he had more success in his UND career than Jordan had, but that doesn't make him a better goalie and certainly doesn't give him better NHL potential. When you're only 5'7" you leave a much bigger space for snipers to shoot at in the top shelf, which is the reason why he isn't making the jump from the AHL to the NHL.

LOL! The reason he has (and never will) play in the NHL is because he isn't good enough to play there. If you can stop the puck at the NHL level there will be a spot for you on the roster.

LOL! The reason he has (and never will) play in the NHL is because he isn't good enough to play there. If you can stop the puck at the NHL level there will be a spot for you on the roster.

Some thought he would never be good enough to play for a D1 powerhouse like the Sioux and he was one goal away from leading them to three straight Frozen Fours. Turned out to be just as good a college player as his brother. Numbers wise, there are not many college goalies that have had better careers, especially considering that he played in the best college league in the country over the last three years.

Don't count Parise out. If a pro team is going to sign him someone a helluva lot smarter than you or I thinks he has what it takes to one day play at the NHL level. Last I checked, the powers that be weren't just giving out NHL contracts to any kid off the street. If they were, I'm pretty sure NorthDakotaHockey would have had an offer by now.

I'll never count Parise out, that's for sure. Who thought when he was in the USHL that he would play as well as he has at the D1 level? Who thought that his first year? He showed flashes, but he developed into an awfully good goaltender and the last 1.5 years was all any college program could ask for. Don't know what he'll do at the next level, but I won't make any predictions.

If this is true, good luck Jordan! I'm willing to admit I thought he was sort of a throw-in recruit when he came to UND but he proved how much I know. He had more impact on the UND program, I think, than his more heralded brother. Thanks for a couple of great runs. Where would we have been without him the last half of the last 2 years?