SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

I had fun at a few of the concerts that were at the AL in a few of the suites.

Just my .02

Ok, concerts I can obviously see.

But he said that they want the AL be a convention center with the new hotel complex?

In any way imaginable, there is no way that UND is going to get kicked out for using it as a football stadium for 6 home games and possible playoff games.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, concerts I can obviously see.

But he said that they want the AL be a convention center with the new hotel complex?

In any way imaginable, there is no way that UND is going to get kicked out for using it as a football stadium for 6 home games and possible playoff games.

I saw on the Herald's website a link to a 'DAZ story regarding proposals being reviewed for a hotel adjacent to the Ralph.

A Hotel North of the Ralph?

There have been discussions about a possible hotel next to the Ralph since it was built. However, everything I have heard is that it will NOT be attached to the arena and will most likely be located between Suite 49 and the LOC University Station.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://media.www.dakotastudent.com/media/s...406-page2.shtml

So there's talk of building a new basketball arena?

"The ownership of these facilities is not the issue. The capacity of the facilities is the bigger concern," Boyd said. "We'll do fine with hockey, but as we move to Division I and our teams become competitive, it's very possible that at some point the Betty will no longer hold all the spectators."

Boyd added that the Alerus could become too small to house all the football fans as UND starts competing against top Division I teams.

"The good news is that we have at least a half-decade if not more to work through those issues," he said.

Let's see:

Indoor practice facility: $10-15 million

Football stadium: $60 - 80 million

Basketball arena: $40 - 60 million

Parking ramp #2: $20 million

All this "talk" would cost more than $150 million to put it in action. Yet there is also talk of a more than a half billion endowment within a half decade.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So today is supposed to be the day that Carr Reports presents the report to UND? So the Athletic Department hasn't even seen it yet? I thought that the athletic department already had the report and was just waiting to release it to the public and possibly make some big announcement(s).

In terms of the Carr report, it was just announced here.

You aren't going to like the news either. Apparently, your guy's budget is going to have to double :

That report estimates UND's athletic expenses will rise from $9,473,486 this school year to $18,051,734 by the 2012-2013 school year, UND's last year as a Division II school.

In terms of the Carr report, it was just announced here.

You aren't going to like the news either. Apparently, your guy's budget is going to have to double :

Have to double, or may double.

The headline answers that question. However that sounds about right. I believe NDSU's budget is now nearly apporoaching double of what it was when they announced there move in 2002. And they still have to put all that money into the BSA unless they can convince the city to add onto the Fargodome. I think it would be great if UND's athletic budget even approaches 18 million in the next 5 years.

UND will cover the new expenses from a number of different sources, including increased ticket sales, gifts and donations.........

I did my part in those two areas earlier this week, and I know of alot of UND fans who intend to do the same.

Off the top of my head, NDSU's current budget(FY 2007) is somewhere around $8.5-9.0M. The final goal(FY 2009) is between $9.5-$10.0M, up from $5.1M in FY 2002.

edit:

Just to be a jerk... :D

The report recommends student fees increase by about $1.8 million during the five-year transition.

The NDSU athletic department currently receives $910,000 from student fees. Carr is suggesting you double what NDSU students are paying on top of what your students are already paying to athletics. Ouch.

Sorry ... the $900K to $1.8M comparison was just to tempting to pass up.

2x edit:

On the original topic, it looks like everyone has to wait a bit longer(and then some):

The athletic department's long-range building plans will be outlined in a separate planning document that will be completed in about six months, Buning said.

Off the top of my head, NDSU's current budget(FY 2007) is somewhere around $8.5-9.0M. The final goal(FY 2009) is between $9.5-$10.0M, up from $5.1M in FY 2002.

edit:

Just to be a jerk... :D

The NDSU athletic department currently receives $910,000 from student fees. Carr is suggesting you double what NDSU students are paying on top of what your students are already paying to athletics. Ouch.

Sorry ... the $900K to $1.8M comparison was just to tempting to pass up.

You are comparing NDSU today with UND in 5 years. What will NDSU's student fees be like in 5 years?