SiouxSports.com Forum

series vs the Gophers

Does anybody out there know what the Sioux's all-time reccord vs the Gophers is? How about their reccord against the Gophers in the new Ralph (I think it is a losing one)? Thanks.

136-117-11.

The Sioux don't count several of the early games so they will give a slightly different all-time record.

Give him a chance to honk his rodent horn and he is always just there waiting in the weeds. :0

I don't think that sagard meant it in that way. Whichever record you look at, either UND's or UMN's, UMN is leading the overall series, so it's not a big deal either way.

If my records are correct I believe the Gophers are 6-3 vs. UND at the new ralph.

10/5/2001 7-5 W

2/8/2002 6-4 W

2/9/2002 4-3 W

11/7/2003 3-7 L

11/8/2003 3-5 L

10/22/2004 2-4 L

10/23/2004 6-0 W

12/9/2005 4-3 W

12/10/2005 4-3 W

I found this info at gopherhockeyhistory.com According to the pattern, UND should win the next three at home vs Minny.

I don't think that sagard meant it in that way. Whichever record you look at, either UND's or UMN's, UMN is leading the overall series, so it's not a big deal either way.

Two NCAA titles is significant, Holy Cross is significant, 5-10 games over 60 years not significant.

All I can say is that it's a good thing THETRIOUXPER is so busy pressing together the two halves of his cracked crystal ball while waiting for the glue to dry that he can't type right now. :0

... a chance to honk his rodent horn ...

Is that what Gopher fans call it these days?

No matter, like mom told them they'll still go blind and get hairy palms.

Anyone know the Gopher record against Holy Cross at the Ralph?

No, no. The better question is:

Records in NCAA play at The Ralph --

Minnesota 0-1-0

North Dakota 2-0-0

Honest Gopher fans will tell you they'd trade the lead in regular season wins over UND at REA for a win over HC. That one's gonna hang with them for a while because of its historical significance.

Let me help even more:

Here's what's been to this point:

2005-2006:

SCSU H/A; UM H/A; UW H; UMD H/A; MSU-M H; DU H/A; CC A; MTU H/A; UAA A

2004-2005:

SCSU H/A; UM H; UW H/A; UMD A; MSU-M H/A; DU H; CC H/A; MTU A; UAA H/A

2003-2004:

SCSU H/A; UM H/A; UW A; UMD H/A; MSU-M A; DU H/A; CC H; MTU H/A; UAA H

2002-2003:

SCSU H/A; UM A; UW H/A; UMD H; MSU-M H/A; DU A; CC H/A; MTU H; UAA H/A

(Remember when UM didn't come to Grand Forks?)

Based on that, and knowing it's a four-year rotation, and without looking (promise) I'd guess that 2006-2007 will look just like 2002-2003.

EDIT - Poke around the 'net a bit, find this, and have confirmation of how smarts I is. :D:0

Let me help even more:

Here's what's been to this point:

2005-2006:

SCSU H/A; UM H/A; UW H; UMD H/A; MSU-M H; DU H/A; CC A; MTU H/A; UAA A

2004-2005:

SCSU H/A; UM H; UW H/A; UMD A; MSU-M H/A; DU H; CC H/A; MTU A; UAA H/A

2003-2004:

SCSU H/A; UM H/A; UW A; UMD H/A; MSU-M A; DU H/A; CC H; MTU H/A; UAA H

2002-2003:

SCSU H/A; UM A; UW H/A; UMD H; MSU-M H/A; DU A; CC H/A; MTU H; UAA H/A

(Remember when UM didn't come to Grand Forks?)

Based on that, and knowing it's a four-year rotation, and without looking (promise) I'd guess that 2006-2007 will look just like 2002-2003.

To answer your question I never used to follow the Sioux that closely.

But one more question :0 How does SCSU get a H/A every year? It must be because there is an odd number of conference teams the Sioux play but why SCSU?

Thanks for all!

You gotta admint this is a great comback by sagard.

What I thought was interesting that the question was answered in 10 minutes on a slow Friday afternoon during the off season.

I just felt that his quick response deserved some kind of recognition. :D

To answer your question I never used to follow the Sioux that closely.

But one more question :0 How does SCSU get a H/A every year? It must be because there is an odd number of conference teams the Sioux play but why SCSU?

Thanks for all!

When they set up the rotating 4 year schedule they set up each team with a partner (or rival) that they would play every year both home and away. UND and SCSU were paired up as rivals. So we will always play SCSU 4 times per year (until they change the schedule).

When they set up the rotating 4 year schedule they set up each team with a partner (or rival) that they would play every year both home and away. UND and SCSU were paired up as rivals. So we will always play SCSU 4 times per year (until they change the schedule).

Yeah, the WCHA auctioned off the rights to get to play 4 vs St Cloud every year, and UND came up with a lot of money. :D

Yeah, the WCHA auctioned off the rights to get to play 4 vs St Cloud every year, and UND came up with a lot of money. :D

I thought it was that Don Lucia decided that SCSU was our natural rival and we are stuck with playing them 4 times every year. God I just hope the games are little more exciting next year, because it was brutally painful having to stomach two gutwrenchingly boring games against SCSU last season. If it wasn't for Bobby G. Sioux would have run SCSU out of the building and down the interstate.

82SG, you are far more patient than most of us. Thank you for answering the question AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've noticed that we have several younger members here the past couple of months so I thought that I would provide a little info they probably missed. Maybe we need to create a list of FAQs that new members could use to cut down on the number of repeats. :D:0