SiouxSports.com Forum

Spirko not returning

Kramerdog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does UND seem to always take the majority of the "hits" of people leaving early nowdays. Geez, it's a lot easier to take this type of news when you finish with a national championship, but when you're thinking "if we lose only a "reasonalble" number guys or caliber guys, we're going to be okay, then this happens, wow. Will UND be able to recover from these losses enoiugh to be a top 3 finisher in the WCHA? Please reassure me. I'm beginning to be afraid to read the Forums or the Herald. Crap.

Sodbuster, this is a hit, to be sure, but not a fatal blow to the Sioux. As many here have pointed out, I think this is a one-year wonder: the first three lads to leave will enjoy a financial windfall that simply won't be around anymore. Spirko, well that's another story.

Come off the ledge. Get outside and enjoy the summer. The Sioux cupboard is still stocked, with reinforcements on their way. I hate to point fingers, but look at the Gophers. They lost, arguably, their heart and soul with Potulny and Irmen fleeing. Chucko's gone too, although he won't be missed nearly as much. And I don't think Minnesota's roster

Here's a new spin on things. Instead of wanting to cry because you saw Sparky somewhere, why don't we all be happy for him. He spent two wonderful years at UND, but now he has chosen to "go home" to Europe to play and to be with his family, and to start a new life for him and his his fiance. I too, am sorry to see him leave, but he is doing what he feels is right.

Good luck to you Sparky, you will be missed, but I hope to hear good things about your career in hockey.

Godspeed.

Here's a new spin on things. Instead of wanting to cry because you saw Sparky somewhere, why don't we all be happy for him. He spent two wonderful years at UND, but now he has chosen to "go home" to Europe to play and to be with his family, and to start a new life for him and his his fiance. I too, am sorry to see him leave, but he is doing what he feels is right.

Good luck to you Sparky, you will be missed, but I hope to hear good things about your career in hockey.

Godspeed.

no one's really crying, lol....its just sad that he is leaving. but since he is from europe and he has (what i assume to be) a beautiful fiance waiting at home for him, and he can most definitely play hockey there, and make money, there is no reason for him to stay. im gonna miss sparky, i thought he was one of the best point-men on the team in the last 2 years. but, to add insult to my own injury, i saw him again today, and he was with Smaby. Thats the second time i have seen him since i heard the news, and the 4th time i have seen Smaby since the news of his signing, neither of which i ever saw off the ice in the 2 years ive been here before then. so, oh well. i take my last week at UND and try to make the best of it. So long Smaby, Zajac, Spirko, and Stafford. Good luck in your careers.

p.s. the same for Prpich and Marvin.

no one's really crying, lol....its just sad that he is leaving. but since he is from europe and he has (what i assume to be) a beautiful fiance waiting at home for him, and he can most definitely play hockey there, and make money, there is no reason for him to stay. im gonna miss sparky, i thought he was one of the best point-men on the team in the last 2 years. but, to add insult to my own injury, i saw him again today, and he was with Smaby. Thats the second time i have seen him since i heard the news, and the 4th time i have seen Smaby since the news of his signing, neither of which i ever saw off the ice in the 2 years ive been here before then. so, oh well. i take my last week at UND and try to make the best of it. So long Smaby, Zajac, Spirko, and Stafford. Good luck in your careers.

p.s. the same for Prpich and Marvin.

i owuldnt even be able to walk by ANY of them because i would be so sad! i'll never see them in a Sioux jersey again! :D:love:

I'd like to not be included in your "PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE" comment. As you can read, I'm not the one hung up on these guys. If you knew my age, I'd have to be a mother figure to them! :0

Thanks

:0:D

(I only look like the older sister from the first marriage. :D )

• 3 weeks later...

dont know if this has been posted but here is a link to where spirko has signed, if im not mistaken this is the same team he played for before he came to UND

http://www.eurohockey.net/teams/transfers....am=MHC%20Martin

Posted 26/5/2006: Rastislav Spirko (F)

From University of North Dakota (NCAA) to MHC Martin

Added By: Joeri Loonen, Status: Confirmed

here is the team home page as well..good luck reading the spirko article ;)

http://www.mhcmartin.sk/