SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two quotes fellow posters probably wish they never made after Game 1! :silly:

I gotta admit I agreed with those posts. Glad I was wrong. I don't favor one team over the other; it's just great to have this caliber of hockey to watch for seven games!!!

Edmonton has found a way to solve Carolina again. I really think the physical play has made a ton of difference for them. Expect it to continue on Monday night. Carolina's going to have to find a way to slow down this train, because they're rolling!

In the pieces of the other games I saw in this series Edmonton didn't even seem to be in the same league. What I saw in the 3rd period tonite it looked like they switched uni's. Edmonton could do no wrong. Carolina looked to have this series well in hand and the way things look right now it's hard to be against Edmonton. But I guess the next game will be a new night and anything can happen, so I should stay away from predictions. I've been SO good at them in the past.

THe least competitive game this year in the playoffs, period.

The Carolina team did get in 60 full minutes of rest, however.

No. More like 40. I thought the first period was pretty competitive.

Other than that. I sat at Buffalo Wild Wings in Fargo watching and thinking "Carolina is playing Game 7 hockey. If they keep playing this way, they'll see Game 7 and I'm not sure they'll like the results of that game either."

On another interesting note, most of the people at BBW were there for the game and they were huge Edmonton fans. Even more odd, they did the Minnesota rouser after a goal (even the Yay Gophers). I'm not trying to cause a flame fest, but why? Gopher fans- is there anyone on Edmonton that makes them a favorite among your fans (like Commodore and Greene make fans of those teams from our ranks)?

However, Mike Commodore's play when he was in the corner with the puck, saw the Oiler coming, turned quickly and skated away as the Oiler took himself out against the boards was beautiful.

On another interesting note, most of the people at BBW were there for the game and they were huge Edmonton fans. Even more odd, they did the Minnesota rouser after a goal (even the Yay Gophers). I'm not trying to cause a flame fest, but why? Gopher fans- is there anyone on Edmonton that makes them a favorite among your fans (like Commodore and Greene make fans of those teams from our ranks)?

We just like doing the rouser. :silly:

Truthfully, I suspect they were drinking a fair bit.

However, Mike Commodore's play when he was in the corner with the puck, saw the Oiler coming, turned quickly and skated away as the Oiler took himself out against the boards was beautiful.

Speaking of Commodore....did you catch his pic in SI ?? OUCH !!!!!!