SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Smoggy! We both answered the same question at about the same time. How about that. :silly:

Thanks to both of you for the reply. I figured there was a grandfather clause there, but thought all of those refs were all done by now. Silly refs, I'd opt for a helmet.

Thanks to both of you for the reply. I figured there was a grandfather clause there, but thought all of those refs were all done by now. Silly refs, I'd opt for a helmet.

I think Magoo and Kerry Frasier are the only ones that don't wear helmets. Their hair is too nice. :silly:

Aaah I love the Anthems! Wooo...listen to them sing the National Anthem for us! Seems to be louder than before.

Oh I have chills... :silly::D

I concur. Given the classless fans in San Jose and their booing of the Canadian national anthem, it's nice to see Edmonton's fans really showing their neighbors to the south their feelings. Way to go Canada and way to go Edmonton in particular! :D

The Hurricanes suck right now and that is being nice. They can't get anything going.

Looks like a game 7 in Carolina if they don't get things going.

Yeah, but there's nothing like a Game 7 for the Cup! Let's delay the end of the season as long as possible. Go Oilers, win tonight so we can watch more hockey!

If I am not mistaken it is because the ref(s) in question were "grandfathered in" from the days when they were not required to where helmets.

They were not grandfathered in. Helmets for officials were not legislated until this year. Kerry Frazer and Mick McGeough are the only helmetless referees in the NHL. They all will have to wear them beginning next season. Visors will be mandatory for new refs and linesmen beginning in the 07 season.

Officials helmet rule

History of NHL officials equiptment

Yeah, but there's nothing like a Game 7 for the Cup! Let's delay the end of the season as long as possible. Go Oilers, win tonight so we can watch more hockey!

What night will game 7 be? Is it Monday or Tuesday?