SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

Just as I switched over from NBC to the Canadian broadcast between periods, Don Cherry was interviewing Kessel, Johnson, Toews, Staal and another kid I can't recall the name of. Asked them questions like favorite player, favorite car, most influencial hockey influence in their career so far, etc. Coincidentally, both Toews and Kessel named Joe Sakic as their favorite player. Toews looked like he was enjoying himself.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's intermission on CBC, Cherry did his annual interview with the projected top draft picks. Included Toews, Kessel, Johnson, Staal, and French-speaking Quebec player (didn't understand the name).

Is it my imagination, or is the University of North Dakota receiving an inordinate amount of on-air mentions during the finals? I swear that just about every time Commie or Greene's names are mentioned, the announcers add "from the University of North Dakota". I don't think other college programs are being cited nearly to this extent.

No its not you (unless its me too). UND does seem to get mentioned quite a bit. The only other college brought up last night was SCSU, that I noticed.

Kind of nice to have our University plugged so much during the playoffs, it was even better during the NJ and Carolina series.

Is it my imagination, or is the University of North Dakota receiving an inordinate amount of on-air mentions during the finals? I swear that just about every time Commie or Greene's names are mentioned, the announcers add "from the University of North Dakota". I don't think other college programs are being cited nearly to this extent.

That is Mike "Doc" Emerick for you. I think he cites the other programs as often, just when he says U. of North Dakota it stands out. Honestly, his mentioning of what college the player came from almost made the Women's Olympic Hockey games hard to watch. When basically everybody playing for the US, had played or was playing college, his very frequent mentioning of what college they came from got really old. I like that he does it, but he sometimes goes overboard.