SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this official enough for some of you?

Thats more official than some who claimes he has a great source and on a scale of 1-10 is a 8. The same soure claming Spirko is leaving town and going to play professional in Europe. I trust the news paper more.

what really sucks is I think this is a trend that will continue, gone are the days of watching these good college players for four years...

W

I agree. I could give a rats ass about pro hockey and would have liked to see all the top players stick around for four years. That said, good luck Travis. I have little doubt you will make an impact at the next level.

I am sure that the coach/adviser situation is taking place right now,for an example,take matt smaby,does anyone really believe he is at the same level as matt greene was when he left,dont get me wrong, he is a good player but he is not at the level matt greene was when he left,but in these situations the adviser and the money usually win out,

I willing to say that Smaby is as good, if not better than Greene was when he left. I don't think Smaby brings the same mean streak that Greene does, but IMO Smaby was one of the top 5 stay at home defencemen in the country this year and if that's not good enough I don't know what is. Smaby is a little better than Greene was offensively, adjusted to the college officals a little better, and is one of the best open ice checkers I've ever seen.

Family advior or not he's ready to go. No question. :lol:

I willing to say that Smaby is as good, if not better than Greene was when he left. I don't think Smaby brings the same mean streak that Greene does, but IMO Smaby was one of the top 5 stay at home defencemen in the country this year and if that's not good enough I don't know what is. Smaby is a little better than Greene was offensively, adjusted to the college officals a little better, and is one of the best open ice checkers I've ever seen.

Family advior or not he's ready to go. No question. :glare:

Smaby will need time in the AHL. He sure didn't look NHL ready when he got schooled by BC's Gerbe. We shall see.

Smaby will need time in the AHL. He sure didn't look NHL ready when he got schooled by BC's Gerbe. We shall see.

The best defensemen in the world get burned on a weekly basis in the NHL. It's part of the job. I'm pretty sure if we looked back on the Sioux defenseman in the NHL we could find tape where they have been burned. One play doesn't make a career. Oh yeah, I forgot, bench, JP, he had a bad game against BC. :glare:

The best defensemen in the world get burned on a weekly basis in the NHL. It's part of the job. I'm pretty sure if we looked back on the Sioux defenseman in the NHL we could find tape where they have been burned. One play doesn't make a career. Oh yeah, I forgot, bench, JP, he had a bad game against BC. :glare:

I watched Souray (big man) get burned by Briere (half-pint) in last nights Montreal/Buffalo game and I doubt Souray will get benched anytime soon. :D

That really stinks. Man I thought we would at least get 3 years out of Zajac. That really puts a hole in the roster for next year. I hate this time of year and I hate the Devils. Looks like we will need another center maybe two once Toews bolts.

I'm very disappointed as well that Travis won't be back, but I'm kind of becoming a Devils fan. You can't blame Travis for his decision to play professionally and for the Devils wanting him now. I'll be rooting for the Devils in the playoffs this spring.

Hate to see him go. Thankfully, his younger brother is probably an even better player, having learned much of everything he knows from his older brother.

I wish, but not likely... They are different types of players, but Travis was something special. :glare:

I wish, but not likely... They are different types of players, but Travis was something special. :glare:

The Parises were somewhat different players and that seems to have worked out. :D

Good luck to Zajac, the Devils are pretty easy to root for.

Earl will need some time in the ECHCACCHL to develop standing and skating in an upright position.

Looks like he might be close to signing regardless.

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2006/0...529541-sun.html

The Maple Leafs are negotiating with the handlers of left-winger Robbie Earl, the University of Wisconsin forward who scored the Badgers opening goal in their 2-1 victory over Boston College in the NCAA championship game Saturday.

Earl, selected the most outstanding player in the Frozen Four, scored 21 goals and added 25 assists for Wisconsin this season.

Selected by the Leafs in the sixth round (187th overall) of the 2004 entry draft, Earl could be signed in the next few days. Should that be the case, he likely would join the Marlies in the playoffs.

Like someone said, it sucks having all of these good players leave after a few years, oh well, reload!

now isn't that a paraphrase of a line said by a Gopher coach? :glare:

the teams next year will be interesting to say the least. I am sure there will be a few more leaving from a few more squads and a few staying that we expect to bail...

W

Smaby made the right choice, he was ready... Even last year I thought he was our best defender in the playoffs. Still I am sad. :glare: I don't however think that we should be losing anyone else.

stafford probably will be next..MY OWN OPINION

I wouldn't be surprised if Smaby spends some time in the AHL. Every player did that left early. Hale, Commodore, Greene, Jones, Parise (ok, due to lockout), Bochenski... I think Smaby would do well in the AHL for a bit. Get him used to the speed of the game, the system, and that he's going to be facing players who are as big and physical as he is.

He'll make the NHL. He's the third best D prospect in the Lightning's system.

Not unexpected but what a rough day being a Sioux fan - that makes two Thursday in a row!

i had a horrible day because when i got up, the first thing i read was on the herald site was about Travis Zajac. My day totally went doenhill from there, and now that Smaby is gone, my day has got even worse.

Stafford isnt leaving . I forbid it. :glare:

Fare thee well, Jacques Cousteau!!! Better luck with the NHL officials. I heard they call diving a lot more. Oh, and they can fight and they can be much more physical.

Earl's going to get eaten alive.

STILL: He is a sixth round draft pick, which means nothing is guaranteed like you'd see in a first or second rounder. I would jump if I could get the money too.