SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

I sent this to a buddy of mine who has a sports talk radio show in Fort Myers/Naples, Florida. He played it a couple times on the air this afternoon. So you guys got a little exposure in SW Florida as well!

This was hands down the BIGGEST UPSET IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE HOCKEY, and you guys deserve all the exposure this radio call is bringing you!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'oh! I was so worried about everyone's reactions I didn't even realize that my jersey (#10) was one of the ones recalled. This sucks, but I can understand that alumni come first in this situation and the athletic department was probably so taken aback by us Sioux fans that they gave me too quick of an answer on Friday.

MafiaMan, farce poobah, zqglmtv, and I were the ones whose jerseys got recalled. MafiaMan, it sounds like you'd rather have a jersey that fits you anyway. The lady at the athletic dept. was going to look into the authentic ones for me, so I'll let you know when I find out.

farce poobah, I guess you still get one of your jerseys, so I hope you're cool with just getting one game worn jersey. I realize one of them was probably for another person, but there's not much I can do unless someone else decides they don't really want one.

Sioux-cia and YaneA have both graciously offered to give up a game worn jersey. So that leaves zqglmtv and me. I would like one of these, but also won't go crying myself to sleep at night if I don't get one. :D I could live with a replica. zqglmtv, let me know what you want to do. I'll work it out with these fine ladies. :lol:

Sorry again guys!

D'oh! I was so worried about everyone's reactions I didn't even realize that my jersey (#10) was one of the ones recalled. This sucks, but I can understand that alumni come first in this situation and the athletic department was probably so taken aback by us Sioux fans that they gave me too quick of an answer on Friday.

MafiaMan, farce poobah, zqglmtv, and I were the ones whose jerseys got recalled. MafiaMan, it sounds like you'd rather have a jersey that fits you anyway. The lady at the athletic dept. was going to look into the authentic ones for me, so I'll let you know when I find out.

farce poobah, I guess you still get one of your jerseys, so I hope you're cool with just getting one game worn jersey. I realize one of them was probably for another person, but there's not much I can do unless someone else decides they don't really want one.

Sioux-cia and YaneA have both graciously offered to give up a game worn jersey. So that leaves zqglmtv and me. I would like one of these, but also won't go crying myself to sleep at night if I don't get one. :D I could live with a replica. zqglmtv, let me know what you want to do. I'll work it out with these fine ladies. :lol:

Sorry again guys!

OK, I'll give up # 32. Let me know, OK. I want to send the money to you first thing tomorrow before I get to Milwaukee. Once we win #8, I'll be spending my lifes savings on CELEBRATING!!!!!

Dan Patrick even closed out his show with a bit from the clip....I didn't catch anything but the end of the show, so I don't know what all was said. It was apparant that they did like it though!!

Since I don't get alot of time to listen to the radio and only listen to XM when and where can Dan Patrick be found on the XM-dial?

This was hands down the BIGGEST UPSET IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE HOCKEY, and you guys deserve all the exposure this radio call is bringing you!

Not to mention one of our heated rivals was the team that got clipped by HC in the regional. Priceless, I still smile when I think about that one.

Let me again second the comments of Holy Cross' Athletic Director, Dick Regan, and salute the Fighting Sioux fans as THE BEST hockey fans in the country, bar none!

It simply boggles my mind to read about the groundswell to buy the HC teams jerseys. I wish I knew who the anonymous alum who's grabbing 4 of those jerseys was as I'd give him a piece of my mind.

If you ever find out who it is, please post the name and I'll patiently explain that he/she(?) couldn't possibly get more pleasure from owning a team jersey like the Fighting Sioux fans. Frankly, I'm embarassed about this and hope you all won't think less of Holy Cross because of it (let's hope he's paying $100K each).

I do know the folks at the bookstore pretty well as my wife and I are probably one of the best customers they have as we own one of just about anything they sell there. When we walk in the bookstore, we get the royal welcome like Norm on Cheers.

If you are in New England, be sure to wear your Fighting Sioux gear and I'm sure there will be a HC alum or fan nearby that'll buy you a beer.

I am Craig Lowell, the play-by-play announcer on the clip.

I sent out an email to those who emailed the station, but for those of you on the board who did not, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to you as well for your great feedback, and also for helping to spread our clip all over the internet. You guys are the best fans that I have ever encountered (in any sport) and your support over the past week or so has completely blown me away. Thank you so much for making what was already an amazing trip even more memorable (and giving me some great feedback for my resume :lol:!)

Good luck in the Frozen Four. You've definitely added a bunch of new fans who will be rooting for you, even if we didn't need any incentive to root against BC! But after it's over, the Sioux will still be my second favorite hockey team.

Jim Dahl, I don't know if we have any sort of "Thread Hall of Fame" on this board where certain threads go to never be lost in history, but this thread deserves it.

Dagies is right and I just can't stop smiling thinking about last Fridays game.

Thanks to everyone for being so cool about this little bump in the road (both the people whose jerseys were recalled and the people who offered to give up a jersey).

Just so everyone knows what's going on, MafiaMan and zqglmtv have both said they were ok with not receiving a game worn jersey, farce poobah is ok with receiving just one, and Sioux-cia is willing to let me buy one of her jerseys.

So the list looks like this:

undhockey - #28

farce poobah - #21

Sioux-cia - #11

NorthDakotaHockey - #29

nodakvindy - #14

forecheck - #32

BigGreyAnt -#5

engelbunny - #23

LFSPRO - #2

7<4 - #17 (not signed)

fargosioux - #4

Runningwiththedogs - #15

CVCL - #26

LuvHockey - #6

82SiouxGuy - #31

YaneA - #33

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there will be any waiting list for game worn jerseys. I did let my contact at Holy Cross know that there are still people interested in game worn jerseys, but I am not too optimistic that any more will turn up.

She is going to look into where we can put in a group order for authentic Holy Cross jerseys for everyone else who wanted one. I'll post that info as soon as I get it.

I realized a little too late that I didn't inquire about shipping charges before I had people start sending me money. I emailed the athletic dept. about that and will likely find out tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too big of a problem. I do have a PayPal account at nimiller8@hotmail.com if it's easier for people to pay me through there.

Also, someone mentioned that it would be fun to get a picture of all the Sioux fans in their Holy Cross jerseys and send a copy to the team along with a thank you card. I thought it would be kind of fun, but it obviously wouldn't happen until next season. If anyone else has any other ideas along this line, let's hear them. It would be nice to thank Holy Cross for going through the trouble of selling us game worn jerseys and signing all of them.

Thanks to everyone for being so cool about this little bump in the road (both the people whose jerseys were recalled and the people who offered to give up a jersey).

Just so everyone knows what's going on, MafiaMan and zqglmtv have both said they were ok with not receiving a game worn jersey, farce poobah is ok with receiving just one, and Sioux-cia is willing to let me buy one of her jerseys.

So the list looks like this:

undhockey - #28

farce poobah - #21

Sioux-cia - #11

NorthDakotaHockey - #29

nodakvindy - #14

forecheck - #32

BigGreyAnt -#5

engelbunny - #23

LFSPRO - #2

7<4 - #17 (not signed)

fargosioux - #4

Runningwiththedogs - #15

CVCL - #26

LuvHockey - #6

82SiouxGuy - #31

YaneA - #33

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there will be any waiting list for game worn jerseys. I did let my contact at Holy Cross know that there are still people interested in game worn jerseys, but I am not too optimistic that any more will turn up.

She is going to look into where we can put in a group order for authentic Holy Cross jerseys for everyone else who wanted one. I'll post that info as soon as I get it.

I realized a little too late that I didn't inquire about shipping charges before I had people start sending me money. I emailed the athletic dept. about that and will likely find out tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too big of a problem. I do have a PayPal account at nimiller8@hotmail.com if it's easier for people to pay me through there.

Also, someone mentioned that it would be fun to get a picture of all the Sioux fans in their Holy Cross jerseys and send a copy to the team along with a thank you card. I thought it would be kind of fun, but it obviously wouldn't happen until next season. If anyone else has any other ideas along this line, let's hear them. It would be nice to thank Holy Cross for going through the trouble of selling us game worn jerseys and signing all of them.

Honestly, the team already knows how much support we're giving them. And they are all really appreciative of what all the Sioux fans have been doing and saying. But it is a good idea. They're getting a kick out of us buying the game worn jerseys though, I'll tell ya that much LOL

Oh and if anyone wants to let the players know anything, just tell me and it'll get to them. Lots of them are reading this thread too, just to let ya know.

I posted on the Holy Cross sports board about the withdrawal of some of the team jerseys and expressed my concern that your good feelings toward my alma mater might be diminished because of it. All loyal Holy Cross fans have the same concern.

However, I then heard from the fan who bought the 4 jerseys and here is what I posted on "Crossports.com" this morning after hearing from him:

"Pitt, I don't know if it is bogus or not but doubt it.

However, there are two sides to every story and this may be a case of miscommunication.

I've come across some information that the "big alumni donor" may not be a Park Smith (for you Fighting Sioux fans, the biggest contributor to Holy Cross - donated a couple of buildings and a soccer stadium) kind of guy but a loyal HC hockey team fan who wanted them for his kids and some other long supporters of the program.

Certainly, "charity begins at home" and though I can't prove it, I suspect that maybe this situation moved so much more quickly than anyone realized from both ends. At one point the Sioux fans were concerned that they weren't going to live up to their commitment to buy all the jerseys and were afraid of what HC would think of THEM.

It may be just one of those regretable things that happen in life.

I haven't checked their board lately but at least initially the Fighting Sioux folks expressed disappointment but more understanding than I would have expressed. Ya gotta love those folks in the heartland. To solve this one would truly take the wisdom of Solomon but at least now I know why the HC alum/fan asked for the jerseys - he's not some rich fat-cat who simply paid more than the North Dakota folks. Rather, he's someone who rooted for our team long before they won anything in Grand Forks."

Anyway, thanks for being so understanding! Hope this puts things into perspective.

Sader, thanks for sharing that. I don't think Sioux fans ever had any ill will toward Holy Cross. As that person stated, the athletic dept. probably moved too quickly to help us out and ended up in a bind. Sioux fans know that to get a Fighting Sioux game worn jersey you have to drop big bucks, so we're just thankful that we were even given this opportunity. That being said, I got this very nice email back this morning from the athletic department.

Hey, me again. I just talked to Coach. He and the equipment manager said that due to the NHL, AHL and all other hockey leagues still playing, the jersey companies won't stop production right now to make college jerseys, so there is usually a 4-6 month wait. They could be wrong, but did both strongly say that. Also, he has no knowledge of our book store even having replicas!

He also said that In the back room in our rink there are some game worn purple jerseys from previous years if there are any interest in them...$150 each and I will get you a list of what numbers there are.

As for shipping, we will pay for that, it's the least we can do for you being so cooperative about those 4. We plan on sending you 1 or 2 boxes if that is ok and when you get all the money from all the people, he wants that check before we send out the jerseys. Also, it will be about 2-3 weeks, they are being washed now and then need to dry and then get signed...all but #17. Did you find out if the team should sign them all?

And we don't think you are crazy, this is great and we love that we had the support that game, it was so awesome to be in that arena with 9,000 fans for us and only 2,000 for Minnesota. And that building is beautiful. Our rink, 1,500 seats on metal benches on one side of the rink. Not so nice!!!

What else?? This has been an interesting conversation over the past week!

Very classy people. The only problem is that now I will be stuck receiving all the jerseys and I'm moving to Denver on May 7th. :lol: I'll have to figure that one out. I may just have them send the jerseys to my sister's house in Denver since it will take 2-3 weeks anyway, plus shipping time.

Is anyone interested in the game worn jerseys from previous years?

Is there still interest in trying to put in an order to the jersey company even if it will take 6 months??

Sader, thanks for sharing that. I don't think Sioux fans ever had any ill will toward Holy Cross. As that person stated, the athletic dept. probably moved too quickly to help us out and ended up in a bind. Sioux fans know that to get a Fighting Sioux game worn jersey you have to drop big bucks, so we're just thankful that we were even given this opportunity. That being said, I got this very nice email back this morning from the athletic department.

Hey, me again. I just talked to Coach. He and the equipment manager said that due to the NHL, AHL and all other hockey leagues still playing, the jersey companies won't stop production right now to make college jerseys, so there is usually a 4-6 month wait. They could be wrong, but did both strongly say that. Also, he has no knowledge of our book store even having replicas!

He also said that In the back room in our rink there are some game worn purple jerseys from previous years if there are any interest in them...$150 each and I will get you a list of what numbers there are.

As for shipping, we will pay for that, it's the least we can do for you being so cooperative about those 4. We plan on sending you 1 or 2 boxes if that is ok and when you get all the money from all the people, he wants that check before we send out the jerseys. Also, it will be about 2-3 weeks, they are being washed now and then need to dry and then get signed...all but #17. Did you find out if the team should sign them all?

And we don't think you are crazy, this is great and we love that we had the support that game, it was so awesome to be in that arena with 9,000 fans for us and only 2,000 for Minnesota. And that building is beautiful. Our rink, 1,500 seats on metal benches on one side of the rink. Not so nice!!!

Very classy people. The only problem is that now I will be stuck receiving all the jerseys and I'm moving to Denver on May 7th. :lol: I'll have to figure that one out. I may just have them send the jerseys to my sister's house in Denver since it will take 2-3 weeks anyway, plus shipping time.

Is there still interest in trying to put in an order to the jersey company even if it will take 6 months??

I would be interested as long as it is a road jersey as that is all I wear at the John. Heck, I'll probably take a more games than just the Sioux ones next year - just for fun. The number isn't important - but size 54 would be if possible.

thanks for all your work with this and representing North Dakota in such a fine fashion.

Oh, I think there will be interest in rubbing this in Gopher face for years to come!

I'd love to see a group of fans in Holy Cross jerseys at a Goofer game in MariUchi arena ... whenever the goofer get scored on ... they could stand play any school fight song on kazoo's and end it with:

H .. O .. L .. Y .. C .. R .. O .. S .. S ... HOLY CROSS ... HOLY CROSS ... YYYEEEAAAAHHHH CRUSADERS

:lol::D

I might be interested in a previous years jersey for $150. I would like dibs on McGregor or Quesseda(sp?) if one of their is available. Also would like to have it signed, again, if possible.

I'll be monitoring the situation with the previous years jerseys.

Also, do you have anyone around this area that would be able to assist you in dealing with the shipment of these jerseys? I'd hate so see them shipped all the way out the Colorado and then have to be shipped back out this way. The extra cost should be able to be avoided. There appear to be pleanty of people here that may be willing to help. I would be willing, but also know that I am not well known(being a lurker) on the board and wouldn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable in dealing with someone they don't know. I also live in Devils Lake, however, I would be willing to drive them to Grand Forks to be handed out to those in the area. Just keep me posted if you would like my assistance if you can't get anybody else to help out with the shipping part.

I'd like to thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this endeavor!!

I think the Thank You card should DEFINITELY go to this woman who is helping you out, rather than the team. Personally, once I get the jersey, I'm going to send my player a little email. Not a thank you, but a "hey I'm the person who bought your game worn jersey" sort of email. But, if any thanks are necessary, it's to you and to this woman at the bookstore who is arranging it. You and she have gone above and beyond the call of duty to get us these AWESOME jerseys. If we are able to get them signed, I guess a thank-you to the team would be in order, too.

Also, if you need help with shipping, I can take the jerseys from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and hand them out to people here.

Personally, once I get the jersey, I'm going to send my player a little email. Not a thank you, but a "hey I'm the person who bought your game worn jersey" sort of email.

I think you should amend that to "hey, I'm the person who bought your game worn jersey and I'm going to make a fool of myself wearing it at Dance Mania at the X next spring." :lol:

I think you should amend that to "hey, I'm the person who bought your game worn jersey and I'm going to make a fool of myself wearing it at Dance Mania at the X next spring." :lol:

I will not be wearing it on DanceMania. Do you think they'd show me in that jersey at the Gopher Invitational? And even if they did, I'd never win. Oh no, I've got MUCH BETTER plans.