SiouxSports.com Forum

Ice Hockey game - Sioux fan vs. Gopher fans

KBG

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I was just thinking people wanted to get together while everyone was in Minneapolis for the Final Five. If that's not the case, maybe whoever's idea this was should come up with a date.

Besides, the SIOUX don't need practice. There's already no hope for the POIer's. :)

Our intramural season should be finished by the Final Five weekend. I think that would be a great time to play this possible game. But again, it was my idea, but I am not organizing it!!!! It was hard enough to organize some of the icetimes with just POIers, I'll let someone else take a shot at it this time :)

Men. ;) I'd be willing to organize the game, as long as people commit so that I get paid back for renting the ice. I'm just a poor college student you know. ;) If you know you're going to be in Minneapolis for the Final Five and would like to get together for a game, just e-mail me at nimiller8@hotmail.com. Give me your name, which team you'd be playing for, and what position you play so that I have an idea of how many players each team will have. I think there was a Duluth fan who mentioned playing for the Sioux team....anyone would be welcome of course. And remember, if you play for the Sioux team you get me as a cheerleader, so sign up! ???

As with the SCSU-Gophers game, bertibm and myself will put together a team of Gophers. You can email bertibm at Jerred.Kline@prodigy.net . He is making the roster for our team and I think he mentioned getting the ice so you wouldn't have to. ???

I'm in...if you want a few goals scored for the washed up would-like-to-have-been-good-enough-for-the-Sioux-team players. I'm guaranteed for at least one goal and a +1 rating...especially against Gopher fans. Let me know via this website if you want me to contribute......and contribute I will!

Hockey we will, Hockey we can, God forbid to be a Gopher fan! ???

Thanks for letting me know KBG.

So far for the Sioux team it looks like we have Hopper, WildSioux, and brianvf (all forwards?). A while ago dagies, Goon, U2Bad1, Wantagh, roper1313, mksiuox, BigGreyAnt41, morely, Diggler, and Bacardio said they would be interested in playing.

Does anyone know someone who can play goalie? I know someone mentioned Wilbur.

I know a goalie as well. He was in the running at the time of Kvalevog.....and played with Karl on the Ice Sharks.....let me know if you need him! He was MVP in ND in like 95....and his brother will be playing defense for the Sioux next year!

Keep me posted!

???

Forecheck, Any idea what day of the week this would be on. I would need to figure out my work schedule. I also know another Sioux fan that may be interested to play. Just coincidently he got an invitation to try out from Gino in the early 90's but did not make the team. So he can skate quite well. Also, I wonder if I could talk Jason Notermann's brother to play. But let me know if we need people. That would give us two really good skaters. As I would consider myself average.

forecheck - I am in. I live here in the cities, so shouldn't have nay problems. I normally play any forward position, but I can play D if needed.

I am not sure if we are opening this game up to ex-WCHA players (either gopher or sioux) or if this should just be people who post on these hockey forums (POI or siouxsports), I do know a couple ex-sioux players who might like to play. I did get the impression that this was going to be a game for people who are better at posting threads then threading passes, but I am for a game no matter what, just what to know who to invite.

What does everybody think about eligibility for players??? Do we allow D1 players or not?

I would say to just have the game open to the people that post on the forums, I don't know how fun that would be to get schooled by a bunch of ex-college players.

KBG -what day and time are we going to rent the ice for, and around how much will it be. I know that it will depend on how many players we get, but ballpark figure.

I have no clue what day this would be on. I was thinking Wednesday, the day before the FF starts, would be a good day to play, but I don't know if people have to work or not. KBG?

The Sioux roster has expanded to Hopper, Hopper's friend (goalie), WildSioux, brianvf, Brian A and his friend, Wantagh, and Bacardio. I guess I would say anyone is invited to play, but I also am not the one who is going to be embarassed. ;) So unless everybody else objects, Wantagh and Bacardio, keep us posted if these people are going to play so we have an idea of how many people will be there.

dagies, that's ok, you can sit in the stands with me and heckle. ???

I agree with trying to make both teams out of people who post here on either forum. (whether their D1 or not)

Also, if anyone here in the cities is looking for an extra man for some ice time they may have, I would love to get a little extra "practice" in before the UND/UMN "Paul" Stanley Cup ;) .

I can be reached at bacardio@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!!! ???;)