SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

Sioux-cia

I see UND/BC play the early game on Thursday. I may have to give myself a note excusing myself from work... :D

Apparently...the Minnesota State Board of Medical Examiners looks poorly upon physicians excusing themselves from work...so I took the afternoon off instead!

GO SIOUX!

Though my tale of woe is already well documented, here's the key excerpt:

My group has hit 4 of the past 8 Frozen Fours ('98, '99, '02, '04) and the Sioux have made 3 ('97, '00, '01). The astute reader may not need a Venn diagram to analyze the intersection between those two sets.

Just add '05 to the list as the first intersection between the Sioux making it and me making it. Bids to keep me away are currently being accepted...

1. In 2000 UND won the Broadmoor. This year UND won the Broadmoor.

a. In 2000, UND defeated SCSU and Wisconsin to win the Broadmoor. This year, UND defeated SCSU and Wisconsin to win the Broadmoor.

b. Prior to the 2000 Final Five, UND had played one series against Wisconsin in which the Sioux were swept by the Badgers. Prior to the 2006 Final Five, UND had played one series against Wisconsin in which the Sioux were swept by the Badgers.

2. In 2000 Niagara upset UNH to play UND in the regional final. This year Holy Cross upset Minnesota to play UND in the regional final.

a. In the 2000 regional final, Mike Commodore, UND's big, stay-at-home junior defenseman, scored his fourth goal of the season. In the 2006 regional final, Matt Smaby, UND's big, stay-at-home junior defenseman, scored his fourth goal of the season.

Edited by PCM

Since the Sioux are playing early I think I'm gonna 'have' a doctors appointment to get me out of my last two classes to watch the game. Last time I snuck in a mini-radio but I got caught and it was confiscated and can't watch it on T.V. during class because my 2 last classes have teachers that are Bison Alums :ohmy:. So it'd be a great day to have a doctors appointment. :D

Since the Sioux are playing early I think I'm gonna 'have' a doctors appointment to get me out of my last two classes to watch the game. Last time I snuck in a mini-radio but I got caught and it was confiscated and can't watch it on T.V. during class because my 2 last classes have teachers that are Bison Alums :ohmy:. So it'd be a great day to have a doctors appointment. :D

Wow Im probably doing the same thing, I have study hall anyway.

and can't watch it on T.V. during class because my 2 last classes have teachers that are Bison Alums

What class is that, "Advanced Basketweaving?" "Don't poke sharp things in your eye?" "Things that grownups don't want you to know?"

Just wondering what kind of class a Bison Alum could teach.

All these coincidences are freaking me out. :ohmy:

In 2000, the Sioux won their semi-final game on my b-day, before winning the title two days later. In 2006, the Sioux play their semi-final game on my b-day, and I'm hoping they're winning two days later! :D

You guys should be able to pull two wins in April. Sure Wisc, BC, and Maine are going to try to make it difficult for you, but the feeling I have is that the Sioux are in the best shape of the four.

I can't say I'll be rooting for you guys, but the expectation that I have is that you'll respond to the NCAA name ban thing in the same manner that you responded to the WCHA Final Five poster mess. I think you'll outskate BC while the Badgers pulverize the Black Bears. The Championship game would then look like the semi-final game at the X a couple of weeks ago, especially if you give it everything you've got because you know full well the Badgers will be giving it everything they've got.

The last Frozen Four I went to was in 1987 at the Joe Louis. The Hrkac Circus took care of some business even though the place was crazy with Jaws clapping fans from Michigan State.

I am doing my best to make it back in 2006. If any of you think there is a connection between me being at the games and the Sioux winning, as they did while I was there in 1987, you are welcome to send me four tickets or money to help me pay for the ones I am trying to get!! The hockey gods will surely reward those who are faithful!!! :D