SiouxSports.com Forum

RINK OF DREAMS

engelbunny

Last night it was heaven for Holy Cross. UND is the greates hockey venue on the planet. Radio said the crowd was rocking....

Holy Cross goalie Tony Quesada was asked what he will remember most about his team's stunning 4-3 overtime victory against Minnesota.

"I think the eruption of the crowd, really," referring to the pro-UND crowd that was pulling for the Crusaders to upset the Gophers.

"We're not used to playing in front of this many people. And to do it here, and beat the Gophers in the Sweet 16, there's nothing better."

"We completely expect them to go back to their Fighting Sioux," he said of UND fans. "To have them cheer for us tonight was a big thrill, and it helped us out."

It was great to be apart of such an awesome atmosphere last night. I have never seen the Ralph like that before. Hopefully the NCAA sees this and understands that UND is nothing but proud. I think the Ralph and UND have done an awesome job getting this tourney going.

For future reference, if the Sioux ever host another NCAA tournament they should designate a large enough room for all the Gopher fans to cry in. It was embarassing to see grown men with tears dripping down their face (I honestly saw a man walking in the Ralph wearing a Gopher jersey and his eyes red as if he'd been crying).

It is great to be a Sioux fan!

Actually I think we witnessed a defining moment, a unbelieveable result. This is definately a cinderella story. Ha, ha, ha... I must say that I think it was an awesome moment. We cheared for Holy Cross because they were playing the Goofers and I don't feel bad for them. The media was saying that it will be UND and Minnesota in the championship game. Well they were half right. I wished UND could have played the Gophers and crushed UofMN handily.

The crowd was amazing last night. Cheering for Holy Cross was so much fun, the "student section" made up some of our own Holy Cross cheers. And by having them win, it only multiplied the emotion and energy going into our game. Couldn't have asked for a better evening :D (although they did run out of mint chocolate dip-n-dots)

You guys sure aren't helping my depression that I'm here and not able to attend the games! Enjoy, have fun and consume plenty of beverage for me, we only get three a day here.

I'm trying to get to the game tonight. No Guarantees.

I couldn't make it last night even if I tried... well, after the Gopher game went OT, I probably could have made it but who plans for OT? In any case, I'll be there if I can make it. If I can't, then I will watch on my folks' 42 inch LCD HDTV

It was great to be apart of such an awesome atmosphere last night. I have never seen the Ralph like that before. Hopefully the NCAA sees this and understands that UND is nothing but proud. I think the Ralph and UND have done an awesome job getting this tourney going.

For future reference, if the Sioux ever host another NCAA tournament they should designate a large enough room for all the Gopher fans to cry in. It was embarassing to see grown men with tears dripping down their face (I honestly saw a man walking in the Ralph wearing a Gopher jersey and his eyes red as if he'd been crying).

It is great to be a Sioux fan!

Walking around the concourse 'tween games we overheard a Gopher Jersey'd fan on his cell phone say "The whole place is full of frickin' Sioux Fans."

Best line of the night.

The crowd was amazing last night. Cheering for Holy Cross was so much fun, the "student section" made up some of our own Holy Cross cheers. And by having them win, it only multiplied the emotion and energy going into our game. Couldn't have asked for a better evening :D (although they did run out of mint chocolate dip-n-dots)

Oh man I sat in section 307 and they had a whinny Gopher fan and his buddies that was sparing with an older woman because she was cheering for Holy Cross. I couldn't believe it. It got quieter as the game went on/progress to over time and then the immaculate goal went in it was fun watching a bunch of cocky/arrogant Gopher fans head for the exits or just sit there with their heads in their hands sitting there in shock and disbelief as their highly favored team got flushed down the toilet. Thud was the sound the hockey world heard as the Boys from Worcester Mass beat all the odds. I am not saying there isn

Edited by Goon