SiouxSports.com Forum

Motel Rooms Opening Up?

SportsDoc

Just heard that the Aerosmith concert for Saturday night has been cancelled. That might open up a bunch of rooms for anybody looking.

Might want to check into that if you want and get your name on a waiting list as those concert people start to cancel their rooms for the weekend.

Just heard that the Aerosmith concert for Saturday night has been cancelled. That might open up a bunch of rooms for anybody looking.

Might want to check into that if you want and get your name on a waiting list as those concert people start to cancel their rooms for the weekend.

They must want to watch some great hockey too! :D

Did you hear anything official or just people talking? There have been people talking all week that it "might" be cancled because of the other concerts being cancled. But I haven't heard anything official. Both the Alerus Center and ticketmaster websites still have it listed.

I hope it's a go. The Alerus has had some bad luck with cancled shows and shows backing out. Losing another show won't help their bottom line.

Aerosmith should get Dataflix to do a webcast from the Good Sam home cause then the concert won't be canceled and everyone can watch it on a big screen or whatever in the privacy of their own home thus freeing up the neccessary hotel rooms. Everyone wins.

Aerosmith should get Dataflix to do a webcast from the Good Sam home cause then the concert won't be canceled and everyone can watch it on a big screen or whatever in the privacy of their own home thus freeing up the neccessary hotel rooms. Everyone wins.

Dataflix would make Steven Tyler's voice all scratchy and his face would be all pixellated so I doubt that they'd ever go for such an arrangem......................oh.............nevermind. :ohmy:

They have cancelled the show in Des Moine on thursday, so it's a safe bet the show here on saturday would be cancelled also. This is what I read on their web site. I guess some people will have to go to plan "B" which is not a bad back up plan. UND vs GOPHERS.

Here ya go:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11952276/

I wonder what is wrong with Steven Tyler...

Sidenote: Joe Perry used to be hot for an old guy but whats with the plastic surgery? He looks more like a distant cousin of skeletor Mark Anthony now.... :(

Regionals fans should have better luck getting rooms now. I don't think the Veggie Tales tour at the Fritz will be a factor :ohmy:

They probably cancelled because they found out the hockey tourney was in town the same night.

GF convention & tourism website

This calendar shows the Grand Am b-ball tourney is going on this weekend. Doesn't this tourney draw hundreds of teams? That's why there are no rooms to be found in GF. Good planning.

Well, that and the Veggie Tales concert at the Fritz. (yes, I'll be there.)

What would have happened if UND had not made the tourney and the out-of-town crowd made for well over 75% of attendees at the West Regional?

How does Grand Forks manage to have pretty much nothing for six months and then have every damn thing under the sun the same freaking weekend? :ohmy:

Grand Forks Tourism: 51 weeks of nothingness then 1 week of everyone plus your fat uncle Charlie and his mackaw.

What would have happened if UND had not made the tourney and the out-of-town crowd made for well over 75% of attendees at the West Regional?

Unlike Gopher fans, who only go to games the Gophers play, true hockey fans would still have packed the Ralph. :ohmy:

Unlike Gopher fans, who only go to games the Gophers play, true hockey fans would still have packed the Ralph. :ohmy:

Not at all what I meant. I'm saying the Ralph likely would have been full, 75% of the attendees would have been from out of town, thus needing more motel rooms that aren't available because they are full of amateur b-ball players.

I know its a hypothetical situation, but it is disappointing that GF can't get their collective crap together and actually foreshadow a little bit.

Are you joking? The last two Final Five Title games did not involve the Gophers and the arena was packed for both of those games. How about 16,000 people attending the UMD, St. Cloud play in game this year? That doesn't qualify as Gopher fans attending non Gopher games? In 2000, the regional was at Mariucci and the gophers were not there and the attendance was over 8,000 people, about the same crowd as UND had at the Ralph(8,300) on Friday against Mankato two weeks ago.

Nice try though. Minnesota hockey fans are as true as they come.

Not at all what I meant. I'm saying the Ralph likely would have been full, 75% of the attendees would have been from out of town, thus needing more motel rooms that aren't available because they are full of amateur b-ball players.

I know its a hypothetical situation, but it is disappointing that GF can't get their collective crap together and actually foreshadow a little bit.

My bad, gotcha.

While not defending nor attacking anyone, I don't see how the city or the Alerus could have turned away the gigs. It's not like as if they are responsible for the dates of the events and any business brought to the city is good for the city.... lacking motel rooms and all. That big ol' white elephant, the Alerus, has to earn it's bread anyway it can. And while I personally don't understand anyone prefering BB to hockey, there are folk who do. It would be wonderful to spread the wealth throughout the year but the events just happened to fall on the same week-end. If I were a bar or resturant owner, man o man, I'd be renting my personal Brink truck right now instead of posting on SS.com.

Are you joking? The last two Final Five Title games did not involve the Gophers and the arena was packed for both of those games. How about 16,000 people attending the UMD, St. Cloud play in game this year? That doesn't qualify as Gopher fans attending non Gopher games? In 2000, the regional was at Mariucci and the gophers were not there and the attendance was over 8,000 people, about the same crowd as UND had at the Ralph(8,300) on Friday against Mankato two weeks ago.

Nice try though. Minnesota hockey fans are as true as they come.

Not tryin to nit-pick here or anything, but comparing the 2000 regional at Mariucci when Minnesota wasn't there to the Friday Night 1st round playoff game against Mankato is a poor comparison. It was spring break for students, so I think REA was probably satisfied with the number of people the got for the timing of the playoffs. Missing a population of 13,000 students(with probably at least 1500+ students coming to the game) drastically changes the outlook of an attendance figure.