SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Selection Show

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was more like how do we get one of our poor little Hockey East teams into the Final Four. :lol: IF they play like they did this weekend the Sioux will light up the Michigan goaltending like a Christmas tree. Go Sioux.

Providing Drew plays, and picks up where he left off (him and Toews), we could be a pretty scary team. Freshman are playing like upperclassman, JPar's on his game, I'm liking things! After Holy Cross beats Minny on Friday, Sioux will rock Michigan's world!! :lol:

he's saying the sioux will win the national championship if they keep their penalties down :lol:

sioux play at 8:30 central friday night.

Penalties are the key. Both Michigan and Minnesota have excellent power plays. The Sioux need to stay out of the box. I hope we get some refs that will let them play. Can't wait until next weekend.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the times are weird but did you see the TV schedule? UND game LIVE on ESPNU -- Minnesota TAPE DELAYED until MIDNIGHT :lol::lol::lol:

Funny yet it still blows. I'm on Spring Break this week, so I was looking to see more hockey! However, to see Holy Cross blow out Minnesota, may be worth staying up late.

BSU is a way tougher #4 draw than Holy Cross, maybe UM knew what they were doing when they laid down yesterday. They will give WI a run for their money. Can't believe they put CC in WI bracket. Talk here in CS was that CC would be going out East. I guess the only way to make sure that only 2 WCHA teams arrive in Milwaukee.

I guess I learned a lesson, never post material ya think might be wrong, sorry to anyone wanting to tell me i'm wrong.

http://www.uscho.com/pdf/general/2006bracket.pdf

Trusting USCHO as an official source is the same mistake as trusting INCH (note that USCHO's bracket already includes the "corrected" disclaimer). Look at the NCAA bracket linked from this site's hockey page, it's the most official.

i like how the sioux game is the night game... yet bu is a host out east and they are stuck in the early game.

I believe it is set up so that the 1 seeds play early, and potentially (if they win) get the couple hours extra rest before the next day's championship tilt. It does get confusing with the Gopher final five rule, but no such rule exists for "hosts" in the regionals.

This was more like how do we get one of our poor little Hockey East teams into the Final Four. :angry: IF they play like they did this weekend the Sioux will light up the Michigan goaltending like a Christmas tree. Go Sioux.

Do you imagine that's because they want to increase TV ratings or is it because the Hockey lEast guys were whining too much. Or more likely some combination of the two.

Need to have a team meeting today to show the 1998 game in Ann Arbor for a beginning of the week motivator...like this team needs any motivation! :angry:

That should be enough to ge the boys fired up. The Revenge tour begins again. Then we can get back at Minnesota for the two wins they had the Ralph.

Need to have a team meeting today to show the 1998 game in Ann Arbor for a beginning of the week motivator...like this team needs any motivation! :angry:

If Dave Hakstol wants "MafiaMan, Motivational Speaker" to show up and give a pre-game pep talk, I'll be glad to oblige. I was one of about 5 Sioux fans who personally witnessed the 1998 game with the Wolverines in Yost.

The NCAA is just a friggin joke!

No way can we have the best teams represented in the Frozen Four again, and heaven forbid that it could be an all WCHA representation. They made damn sure that such an atrocity could not, should not, and would not happen again. Friggin A-holes

With that said, congrats to the Fighting Sioux. They played very well this weekend and have really come together the second half of the year. I also tip my hat to St. Cloud who in my opinion had probably played some of the best hockey coming into the tourney. They were really impressive this last weekend, and definately would have had a better showing against the Sioux if they were a bit more rested. But then again, it was the Fighting Sioux who played 3 games in the WCHA last year to beat MN in the 3rd place game. But nonetheless I wish they too could have made it to the playoffs.

Good luck Sioux, and kick the damn wolverines in the arse all the way back home.

No way can we have the best teams represented in the Frozen Four again, and heaven forbid that it could be an all WCHA representation. They made damn sure that such an atrocity could not, should not, and would not happen again. Friggin A-holes

I believe I posted here quite some time ago that the NCAA would do everyting possible to ensure that an all-WCHA tournament didn't happen again. It's a TV ratings disaster on the east coast without a Maine, Boston U, Boston College, or UNH in the tournament. This isn't exactly unexpected.

Is Holy Cross' goalie Tony Quesada the same goalie who tossed his quesadillas in the regional game against the Sioux a couple of years ago? I swear at the Final 5, every time the Keebler giveaway was announced with the line "we're about to toss our cookies," I flashed back on that sight.

Is Holy Cross' goalie Tony Quesada the same goalie who tossed his quesadillas in the regional game against the Sioux a couple of years ago? I swear at the Final 5, every time the Keebler giveaway was announced with the line "we're about to toss our cookies," I flashed back on that sight.

That would be the same guy! I still remember that clearly. Must have been due to nerves, because in reality, he did turn around and play a pretty good game. His team just didn't have any offense to support his effort.

With that said, congrats to the Fighting Sioux. They played very well this weekend and have really come together the second half of the year. I also tip my hat to St. Cloud who in my opinion had probably played some of the best hockey coming into the tourney. They were really impressive this last weekend, and definately would have had a better showing against the Sioux if they were a bit more rested. But then again, it was the Fighting Sioux who played 3 games in the WCHA last year to beat MN in the 3rd place game. But nonetheless I wish they too could have made it to the playoffs.

Good luck Sioux, and kick the damn wolverines in the arse all the way back home.

Fortunately for the NCAA, the PWR ratings, along with only 4 WCHA teams rather than 5 being in, fell right so that the pairings allow only 2 WCHA teams to have a chance at Milwaukee. East teams are staying east also (except Cornell, guess they like to hear Schaeffer bitch), and only the CCHA is scattered east and west.