SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations to Phil Kessel!

siouxnami

Final vote 73-72 over some loser named Oshie...

Seriously though I would contend that Chorney was robbed more so than Oshie.

This was raised a couple hours ago in the WCHA awards thread.

Hard to complain about ROTY going to the top scoring rookie in the conference who's also playing on the #1 team in the conference and nation. Congrats to Phil.

Kessel is good at this level, he's a headcase though, my bet, he ends up like Jeremy Roenick, good for a few years, never the best, big mouth, gets injured for 2/3rds of every season. Hopefully he gets lit up by Ovenchkin (and I mean be one of his crushing hits) early in his NHL career and realizes he will never be the best.

And the sad part, like Potulny, if he ever wins Lord Stanley, he can't take it back to his hometown, cause Madison has disowned him. City Council passed a resolution.

Congratulations to Phil Kessel for winning the award. He certainly had a good enough year to be considered in the argument, and it's clear he's a very dangerous player. Someone else mentioned it but I agree, congratulations to Oshie for coming from almost nowhere to compete very closely for the RoTY honor. Way to go, TJ!

This was raised a couple hours ago in the WCHA awards thread.

Hard to complain about ROTY going to the top scoring rookie in the conference who's also playing on the #1 team in the conference and nation. Congrats to Phil.

I think its time to start the over rated chant.

Congrats to all of our guys for their hard work and accomplishments throughout the regular season, the big prize is still up for grabs, let's go take it. As far as TJ and the ROTY are concerned, let's just say that "THE REAL" hockey fans already know what kind of a special player he is :lol: . I'm glad everyone else can be so diplomatic, however phil is still a stain on the hockey jock strap of life, enjoy your little award phil, see you in GF next week, it's gonna take more than that to roll past the Sioux. As far as Johnny Toews is concerned, his justice will come the day of the NHL draft.

Congrats to all of our guys for their hard work and accomplishments throughout the regular season, the big prize is still up for grabs, let's go take it. As far as TJ and the ROTY are concerned, let's just say that "THE REAL" hockey fans already know what kind of a special player he is :) . I'm glad everyone else can be so diplomatic, however phil is still a stain on the hockey jock strap of life, enjoy your little award phil, see you in GF next week, it's gonna take more than that to roll past the Sioux. As far as Johnny Toews is concerned, his justice will come the day of the NHL draft.

You've got a whole team of shrinks working with you, don't you? :lol:

They not only gave up, they let the guy out!!! He's running around loose I tell you. He's running around loose. Loose cannon, running around loose. Look for him at The West. Where the Sioux will be whipping the so-called best.

NDH knows the "man behind the madness". I wonder if phil is sitting in his dorm room stroking it (his ROTY trophy that is), as we speak.

Kessel is good at this level, he's a headcase though, my bet, he ends up like Jeremy Roenick, good for a few years, never the best, big mouth, gets injured for 2/3rds of every season. Hopefully he gets lit up by Ovenchkin (and I mean be one of his crushing hits) early in his NHL career and realizes he will never be the best.

Yup. Nothing like wishing ill-will toward the NHL future of a U.S. born player (or any player for that matter). I suppose once a Gopher always a Gopher and we just can't have a stinking Gopher having a successful NHL and international career can we?

Pathetic. :lol:

Oshie doesn't care about ROTY. Oshie shouldn't care about ROTY. Neither does Kessel. Both of these guys would give up any and all individual accomplishments to win something with their respective teams. Oshie and Kessel are well above the sewer talk in this forum, and would likely laugh if they were ever bored enough to read about you guys whining over who deserves it. They both deserve it, and they both don't care about it.

Yup. Nothing like wishing ill-will toward the NHL future of a U.S. born player (or any player for that matter). I suppose once a Gopher always a Gopher and we just can't have a stinking Gopher having a successful NHL and international career can we?

Pathetic. :lol:

Actually based on what I saw of him at the WJC I hope he has a very long international career of at least dressing against Canada. :)

Oshie was an absolute stud today against Wisconsin. He looked more like a junior than a freshman.

That said, it's only fair to post my impressions of Kessel from tonite's game as well. He's electric with the puck. Some have said he gets all the defensive attention, but I'm amazed at how much space he's give when he has the puck. Obviously that's respect for what he can do to a defender. He's extremely quick, makes excellent passes on the power play and gets up to speed faster than anyone else I've seen.

I'd still take Oshie on my team, overall, but Kessel does some things exceptionally well too.

Pathetic. :huh:

Good point (the part about the stinking Gopher that is). ;)

taz