SiouxSports.com Forum

Sorry Ralph

siouxtatoo42

The good news is it appears no one here has fallen for the trap from this letter writer. While imho he/she had good intentions, they didn't really provide good examples of hypocritical behavior by the Sioux players nor their fans. Nothing to be ashamed about there, Sioux fans. Well, outside of being Sioux fans. ???

Well, we're a step up from the worst. ;)

This letter goes to show how bad of a paper the herald is for even publishing it. Is there nothing better going on in the area then some horribly written letter from Bismarck. Where did this guy come from???? Did he ride horse up here from Bismarck??? I think this guy has a screw loose and maybe should stop at Jamestown for a rest! WOW

This letter goes to show how bad of a paper the herald is for even publishing it.

C'mon now, that's hardly fair. Newspapers love controversy, and that's one reason they publish letters to the editor. Look at how much chatter it generated here. Just because the Herald published the letter doesn't mean the paper agrees with it.

Besides, my educated guess tells me that the letter writer was a "she" and a Bison fan. Read it in that context, and it begins to make more sense.

C'mon now, that's hardly fair. Newspapers love controversy, and that's one reason they publish letters to the editor. Look at how much chatter it generated here. Just because the Herald published the letter doesn't mean the paper agrees with it.

Besides, my educated guess tells me that the letter writer was a "she" and a Bison fan. Read it in that context, and it begins to make more sense.

I believe there is a few "Petry's" in Fargo. Not that this means anything. Anyone Bison fan could have written that and signed any name.

I believe there is a few "Petry's" in Fargo. Not that this means anything. Anyone Bison fan could have written that and signed any name.

The Herald calls letter writers and verifys their identity before publication. There are Petrys in Bismarck, too, but I can only find one N. Petry.

Boy are you paranoid. ???

BISMARCK - Back on Jan. 21, I attended the UND vs. Minnesota State University-Mankato hockey game. A sportsmanship video on the arena's big screen showed a Sioux hockey player saying that he has to play by the rules. The video also reminded fans that they also should conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner.

But I was appalled at the real-life "sportsmanship" shown at this game.

While the video was nice in theory, there were two UND penalties within the game's first five minutes. When a Mankato player got a penalty, the loudspeaker played "All By Myself" and the big screen showed the player sitting in the penalty box. There also were times when the UND student section chanted "Gopher Rejects" to the Mankato players.

Another video was played on the big screen later in the game. This video showed a father taking his young daughter to a hockey game. The father was swearing at the game.

The next day, the mother asked the daughter how the game was, and the young girl repeated the words that her father had said. (The video bleeped out the profanity.)

Again, in theory it was a good video lesson. But during the game, there was a fight involving many players from both teams. This was poor sportsmanship on both teams' parts.

But one of the UND players started punching a Mankato player whose jersey was pulled over his head. Then the big screen caught and stayed with a Sioux player using the "F" word over and over again.

Many of the players from each team were put in their respective penalty boxes. Some UND students made a sign that said "Kiss Cam" and placed it up against the glass between two Mankato players. Once again, the big screen zoomed in on this display of poor sportsmanship.

When it comes to sportsmanship, perhaps UND players and fans should practice what they preach. It's time for the university to make sure that UND sporting events are appropriate for fans of all ages, and to take a consistent, firm stance against unsportsmanlike behavior.

What a F*(^&(*&% Loser. ???;)

Somebody want to make sure this idiot doesn't ever again attend a game.