SiouxSports.com Forum

Projected Tourny Bid

GBpakrzz

"integrity", not sure the NCAA knows what that term means.....

It means whatever they need it to mean depending upon the situation they find themselves in. It's a loosely based legal term that is easily manipulated and not very quantifiable.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means whatever they need it to mean depending upon the situation they find themselves in. It's a loosely based legal term that is easily manipulated and not very quantifiable.

Be sure to put Myles Brand's dictionary back where you found it.

From what I understand, the only way that the Gophs won't get sent to REA would be either if the Sioux move down to a #4 seed, or if they move up high enough in the PWR that it would mess with bracket integrity by having a #1 overall seed in the same bracket as a #5 or 6 seed.

So, if the Sioux can manage to beat Mankato, and then win a game or two at the F5 against TUC teams, they COULD move up in the PWR enough to force the NCAA committee to send UMN elsewhere.

Am I correct in this assumption?

This is my belief and Wodon somewhat alluded to the Gophers being in GF isn't written in stone. I feel PWR can often is predictable, but anyone who believes the NCAA hockey committee is predictable or that they will ALWAYS follow their own guidelines is mistaken.

This is my belief and Wodon somewhat alluded to the Gophers being in GF isn't written in stone. I feel PWR can often is predictable, but anyone who believes the NCAA hockey committee is predictable or that they will ALWAYS follow their own guidelines is mistaken.

True, but I think it would be downright preposterous to see the Gophers shipped somewhere else in the event that the Sioux are any seed BUT a #4 seed (or perhaps a #1 seed but that doesn't seem possible to attain unless the Committee REALLY cooks the books).

Sure, I'd love to see a Regional in which CCHA, ECAC, and AHA/CHA teams make up the other 3/4ths of the regional for the Sioux, but it isn't in the best interests of the NCAA. If for some reason the Gophers are moved to Green Bay or out east, then surely Wisconsin will take their place. And even THAT scenario seems utterly ridiculous to even consider!

Oh dear Parise.

As we sit right now, with the new brackets, the Grand Forks Regional suddenly becomes the hardest regional, IMO.

Minnesota vs. Niagara is the snoozefest opener (Minnesota would win like.. 6-1 with the 1 goal coming late in the third for Niagara as a sort of pity goal).

UND would face Michigan. Even with their inconsistencies and goaltender problem I don't want any part of Michigan.

Worcester looks to be the "easiest" bracket with BU having the real possibility of the easy road to Milwaukee.

Overall, they all look pretty challenging, but aye carumba.

UNH won and DU lost which were good things for the Sioux, IIRC. Too bad we couldn't win or is it?

To be honest, at this point in time I couldn't really care less about what our match-up may or may not be in the Regionals. Hell, I just want to GET to the regionals.

Good point, especially when the projected matchups change just about every night games are played.

This whole TUC winning and losing teams is making my head hurt, somehow UND drops one to the land cows and moves up in the standing to a number 2 seed. I think what is really going on is some gopher fans are in controll of the USCHO web site and are making life miserable for everyone else. What happened to DU, CC, and oh - US!

if they dont beat Mankato this weekend, i personally think they have a very good chance of not making the ncaa's. the pressure is on.

very well could be but a few people have done the numbers and it looks like we would sneak in...enough about that kind of talk.............

JUST WIN BABY

Bemidji upset Alabama Huntsville last night in OT... which means they play Niagara this afternoon (2 centreal) for the CHA championship. If Bemidji wins, they become a TUC and UND gains two more wins against a quality opponent, including the all important road win.

I've always liked the beavers, but today everyone needs to be a Bemidji fan.

A sioux win tonight, combined with a play-in-game win, could bump us up to a 5 or 6 seed, in which case the Gophers would probably be sent elsewhere.

Bemidji upset Alabama Huntsville last night in OT... which means they play Niagara this afternoon (2 centreal) for the CHA championship. If Bemidji wins, they become a TUC and UND gains two more wins against a quality opponent, including the all important road win.

I've always liked the beavers, but today everyone needs to be a Bemidji fan.

A sioux win tonight, combined with a play-in-game win, could bump us up to a 5 or 6 seed, in which case the Gophers would probably be sent elsewhere.

i see what your saying with the seedings but i feel we need to get a 1 seed for the gophs to be moved..i think the NC$$ will do everything in their power to keep 1 bracket without a wcha team. just have that feeling...

Bemidji is up 3-1 with under 7 to play so looking good for the Sioux.

Bemidji with the 4-2 win. Moves them into the NCAA's, most likely to play the Gophers at the Ralph. Looks like it could be a nice home-crowd for Bemidji... and with some luck, they could beat the Gophers.

For what it is worth, Adam Woden just said during the CHA Championship intermission that he thinks North Dakota locked up an NCAA berth by winning last night. I hope he is right.

I think if you look at the numbers I think Adam is right.

I haven't looked at it closely since before the weekend, but I think UND can only lose 12 comparisons, and will probably lose a lot fewer. That probably makes them at worst a #13 overall and would need two conference tourney upsets to keep them out. Considering conference upsets would hurt some teams competing with UND for PWR position, I'd say they are a virtual lock. Wierd things happen so I wouldn't breath easy until they close out MSU.