SiouxSports.com Forum

Projected Tourny Bid

GBpakrzz

This result using a 3-2-1 bonus would result in UND and BU in a tie for 4th, UND would win with a higher RPI, thus becoming a #1 seed.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: Mercyhurst defeats Bentley.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Holy Cross defeats Connecticut.

Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Mercyhurst defeats Holy Cross.

CCHA Semifinal #2: Michigan defeats Michigan State.

CCHA Semifinal #1: Northern Michigan defeats Miami.

CCHA Championship game: Michigan defeats Northern Michigan.

CCHA Consolation game: Michigan State defeats Miami.

ECAC Semifinal #2: Colgate defeats Cornell.

ECAC Semifinal #1: Dartmouth defeats Harvard.

ECAC Championship game: Colgate defeats Dartmouth.

ECAC Consolation game: Cornell defeats Harvard.

Hockey East Semifinal #2: Boston College defeats Maine.

Hockey East Semifinal #1: New Hampshire defeats Boston University.

Hockey East Championship game: New Hampshire defeats Boston College.

WCHA Play-in #1: St. Cloud State defeats Minnesota-Duluth.

WCHA Semifinal #2: North Dakota defeats Wisconsin.

WCHA Semifinal #1: Minnesota defeats St. Cloud State.

WCHA Championship game: North Dakota defeats Minnesota.

WCHA Consolation game: Wisconsin defeats St. Cloud State.

1 Minnesota (Mn) 29 .5833*

2 Wisconsin (Wi) 28 .5759*

3 Michigan State (MS) 26 .5640

4t [AQ] North Dakota (ND) 25 .5614

4t Boston University (BU) 25 .5570

that doesn't look like it's out of a question. with the sioux's luck with umd beating du, i wouldn't rule it out.

i guess the toughest part will be convincing miami and bu to just roll over.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This result using a 3-2-1 bonus would result in UND and BU in a tie for 4th, UND would win with a higher RPI, thus becoming a #1 seed.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: Mercyhurst defeats Bentley.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Holy Cross defeats Connecticut.

Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Mercyhurst defeats Holy Cross.

CCHA Semifinal #2: Michigan defeats Michigan State.

CCHA Semifinal #1: Northern Michigan defeats Miami.

CCHA Championship game: Michigan defeats Northern Michigan.

CCHA Consolation game: Michigan State defeats Miami.

ECAC Semifinal #2: Colgate defeats Cornell.

ECAC Semifinal #1: Dartmouth defeats Harvard.

ECAC Championship game: Colgate defeats Dartmouth.

ECAC Consolation game: Cornell defeats Harvard.

Hockey East Semifinal #2: Boston College defeats Maine.

Hockey East Semifinal #1: New Hampshire defeats Boston University.

Hockey East Championship game: New Hampshire defeats Boston College.

WCHA Play-in #1: St. Cloud State defeats Minnesota-Duluth.

WCHA Semifinal #2: North Dakota defeats Wisconsin.

WCHA Semifinal #1: Minnesota defeats St. Cloud State.

WCHA Championship game: North Dakota defeats Minnesota.

WCHA Consolation game: Wisconsin defeats St. Cloud State.

1 Minnesota (Mn) 29 .5833*

2 Wisconsin (Wi) 28 .5759*

3 Michigan State (MS) 26 .5640

4t [AQ] North Dakota (ND) 25 .5614

4t Boston University (BU) 25 .5570

Actually I would just take a win against Minnesota and Wisconsin and then another pounding of Minnesota in the regional like last season. That is all I would like to recieve. Any thing past that is a bonus.

I was telling someone at work today that the league is getting a preview of things to come in the next couple of years and its all coming together very nicely, its almost like Dave planned it that way. Mankato was no slouch at all, they were a hard nosed team that didn't give an inch and I think UND benifitted from playing them this past weekend. I would put Mankato against most teams out east and they would hold their own.

I think its scary how the boys have progressed and it is like last year. Its scary only I feel the Fighting Sioux are better or and just about as mean on defense as last season, could you imagine Green with these guys, yikes. Finley and Smaby were monsters this weekend. I don't think Minnesota wants to play us in our barn.

Yup - that 1 loss in 22 games, improved defense, goaltending and even scoring depth should make the Gophers afraid of a team they've already gone 3-1 against so far. Very afraid. :silly:

i dont care how many times a team beat the other, theres no way in hell a rival team wants to play a team at home in a regional in a do or die game :lol:

if the shoe was on the other foot i'll tell you there would be nothing sweeter than to knock off the gophs at mariucci but i sure in hell woulnd't be looking forward to playing you if you hosted

i dont care how many times a team beat the other, theres no way in hell a rival team wants to play a team at home in a regional in a do or die game :lol:

if the shoe was on the other foot i'll tell you there would be nothing sweeter than to knock off the gophs at mariucci but i sure in hell woulnd't be looking forward to playing you if you hosted

I agree AZSIOUX. I will be cheering for UND over Wisco so that the Gophs most likely won't have to go to Grand Forks. Not out of fear of the Sioux, but I think there is a path of lesser resistence. Plus, it's more fun to beat on each other in the frozen four. :silly::lol:

I agree AZSIOUX. I will be cheering for UND over Wisco so that the Gophs most likely won't have to go to Grand Forks. Not out of fear of the Sioux, but I think there is a path of lesser resistence. Plus, it's more fun to beat on each other in the frozen four. :silly::lol:

EXACTLY...........

I don't understand all this speculation. According to the Minnesota fans I know, they should just end the season now and give them their trophy.

Every Minnesota fan has now come around to the idea that it would be best to avoid REA. Sure we have some front runners like you all did in '03-'04, but they don't count.

While the Gophers should have nothing to fear heading into the GF regional, their chances of beating UND in the regional final would be about 50/50. I don't like those odds one bit. Neither should you. I don't see any other team beating UND in the GF regional so I wouldn't be too jazzed up to face the Gophers either if I were you.

These two teams should collide in the WCHA championship and again at the Frozen Four. Not a simple week later.

Using a 4-2.5-1 bonus and the following scenario got us all the way to the 3rd #1 seed. I also found a different scenario using a 3-2-1 bonus that left us in a tie at #16 with Boston College and out of the tournament. I think it shows that almost anything is still possible.

1 Minnesota (Mn) 29 .5839*

2 Wisconsin (Wi) 28 .5775*

3 North Dakota (ND) 26 .5623

4 Miami (Mm) 25 .5618

* CCHA Semifinal #2: Michigan defeats Michigan State.

* CCHA Semifinal #1: Northern Michigan defeats Miami.

* CCHA Championship game: Michigan defeats Northern Michigan.

* CCHA Consolation game: Miami defeats Michigan State.

* ECACHL Semifinal #2: Colgate defeats Cornell.

* ECACHL Semifinal #1: Dartmouth defeats Harvard.

* ECACHL Championship game: Dartmouth defeats Colgate.

* ECACHL Consolation game: Cornell defeats Harvard.

* Hockey East Semifinal #2: Maine defeats Boston College.

* Hockey East Semifinal #1: New Hampshire defeats Boston University.

* Hockey East Championship game: Maine defeats New Hampshire.

* WCHA Play-in #1: St. Cloud State defeats Minnesota-Duluth.

* WCHA Semifinal #2: North Dakota defeats Wisconsin.

* WCHA Semifinal #1: Minnesota defeats St. Cloud State.

* WCHA Championship game: North Dakota defeats Minnesota.

* WCHA Consolation game: Wisconsin defeats St. Cloud State.

* Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: Mercyhurst defeats Bentley.

* Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Holy Cross defeats Connecticut.

* Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Holy Cross defeats Mercyhurst.

Leaves UND out of tourney:

* CCHA Semifinal #2: Michigan defeats Michigan State.

* CCHA Semifinal #1: Northern Michigan defeats Miami.

* CCHA Championship game: Northern Michigan defeats Michigan.

* CCHA Consolation game: Michigan State defeats Miami.

* ECACHL Semifinal #2: Colgate defeats Cornell.

* ECACHL Semifinal #1: Dartmouth defeats Harvard.

* ECACHL Championship game: Dartmouth defeats Colgate.

* ECACHL Consolation game: Cornell defeats Harvard.

* Hockey East Semifinal #2: Maine defeats Boston College.

* Hockey East Semifinal #1: Boston University defeats New Hampshire.

* Hockey East Championship game: Maine defeats Boston University.

* WCHA Play-in #1: St. Cloud State defeats Minnesota-Duluth.

* WCHA Semifinal #2: Wisconsin defeats North Dakota.

* WCHA Semifinal #1: St. Cloud State defeats Minnesota.

* WCHA Championship game: St. Cloud State defeats Wisconsin.

* WCHA Consolation game: Minnesota defeats North Dakota.

* Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: Mercyhurst defeats Bentley.

* Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Holy Cross defeats Connecticut.

* Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Holy Cross defeats Mercyhurst.

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but UND is not out of the woods yet. In looking at the 24 comparisons that UND currently wins, 13 are basically complete, 7 are at risk due to RPI (with 4 of those close, and the others less at risk), and 4 are at risk due to TUC.

RPI: The worst-case is that UND goes 0-2, with a third-place loss to UMD. Depending on what happens with competing teams, UND could lose at least 4 comparisons. Next worse is if SCSU is the third-place opponent, and last if it's MN.

TUC: Here's the basic story. If Dartmouth and Northern Michigan (especially NMU) do well, MSUM is no longer a TUC, and UND loses a 4-1 tally off its current TUC record.* That could lose UND four comparisons.

Bottom line: I ran numerous YATC scenarios where NMU won the CCHA, and UND went 0-2, and in most of them UND is out of the NCAAs. I believe that UND is a lock if they win once this weekend. Likewise, I believe UND is a lock if NMU fails to win the CCHA. I'm not 100% certain of this, but I think you could view it as UND has a magic number of "one". Four chances for one good result: either a UND win or an NMU loss.

* The reason NMU is so important is that they can catch UNO in RPI, displacing UNO to 16th, thereby rendering MSUM's wins over UNO to be non-quality. The lack of a bonus bump in MSUM's RPI leaves them shy of .5000, and shy of being a TUC.

Can you repeat the part where you said all about the stuff?

Every Minnesota fan has now come around to the idea that it would be best to avoid REA. Sure we have some front runners like you all did in '03-'04, but they don't count.

While the Gophers should have nothing to fear heading into the GF regional, their chances of beating UND in the regional final would be about 50/50. I don't like those odds one bit. Neither should you. I don't see any other team beating UND in the GF regional so I wouldn't be too jazzed up to face the Gophers either if I were you.

These two teams should collide in the WCHA championship and again at the Frozen Four. Not a simple week later.

The only time I want to see the Gophers if it is the last meaningful game for both teams this year!!

The LAST thing the NCAA wants is a Frozen Four represented by one conference.

I am not so sure about that. I am not saying that the four WCHA teams would get to the Frozen Four, I am saying that it would be nice if there was the chance of it. Wouldn't it behoove the NCAA to spread the teams out a little bit more evenly? After all, the fun part about this time of year is watching elite teams who haven't faced each other all year battling against each other. I would love to see a Gopher-Sioux matchup, but I'd rather see it in the Frozen Four (like last year) rather than in a regional. I'd rather see the two of them beat top teams from other conferences.

To say that the NCAA doesn't want to spread conferences out evenly among the field is a little naive. I mean look at the basketball tourney. The Big Ten has five representatives and there is at least one team in each regional. The only regional that has two teams in it wouldn't have those two teams meeting until the Eilte Eight (the fourth round).

I think putting the Gophers at Engelstad with the Sioux there is a BIG shot in the foot by the NCAA. As I stated before, the Ralph will likely be near capacity or sell out for Sioux/Michigan and Bemidji/Miami whereas

I think a lot more Gopher fans would fill the seats in Albany than fans of the Redhawks(?) of Miami of Ohio.

That fact that people think that GF needs Minnesota to fill the ralph is a joke!! That place will be rockin!!

I can't belive that my cousin has her wedding on the 25th. ??? The only good thing is the last time I had a wedding during a Sioux game was on April 8th, 2000!! ;)

That fact that people think that GF needs Minnesota to fill the ralph is a joke!! That place will be rockin!!

I can't belive that my cousin has her wedding on the 25th. ??? The only good thing is the last time I had a wedding during a Sioux game was on April 8th, 2000!! ;)

Actually if it came from a Minny fan it is kind of arogant.

You could've used about 3,000 more fans there the way it sounded last Friday night.

You don't suppose that spring break and having a college basketball tournament and a high school basketball tournament in town that weekend had anything to do with that, do you? ???

You could've used about 3,000 more fans there the way it sounded last Friday night.

As opposed to the announced crowd of 9,054 at last year's western regional championship game? Emphasis on the word 'announced.' Plenty of good seats still available for a game in your home rink that determined the fourth and final Frozen Four participant.

As opposed to the announced crowd of 9,054 at last year's western regional championship game? Emphasis on the word 'announced.' Plenty of good seats still available for a game in your home rink that determined the fourth and final Frozen Four participant.

Last year's regional at Marriucci was SOLD OUT for both days. You couldn't come close to buying a ticket to the Minny/Cornell game. Get your facts straight before you post something completely wrong. And i don't care how many basketball tourneys are going on, 8,400 for a WCHA playoff game is embarrassing.

Last year's regional at Marriucci was SOLD OUT for both days. You couldn't come close to buying a ticket to the Minny/Cornell game. Get your facts straight before you post something completely wrong. And i don't care how many basketball tourneys are going on, 8,400 for a WCHA playoff game is embarrassing.

I was there and there were PLENTY of empty seats all around. I was even on your brand new jumbo-tron.

And i don't care how many basketball tourneys are going on, 8,400 for a WCHA playoff game is embarrassing.

I don't care if you care. The fact is that in a town of 50,000 people, having UND students gone on spring break and having other major sporting events competing for peoples' time has a significant impact on hockey attendance.

I was there and there were PLENTY of empty seats all around. I was even on your brand new jumbo-tron.

I was at The John for the West last year as well. There were countless empty seats. No doubt about it.

Gotta love that revisionist history.

A few years back, when the Sioux lost a painful one to Ferris State in the West at The John, I tried to move some extra tickets for the championship game. Figured no problem. Great spring day. Last time the angels were gonna be playing at home. The Gopher faithful would be out in droves. I couldn't give those tickets away. Everyone was home watching their boys on the FSN.

It's a joke for this poster to claim that The John has been packed for playoff hockey.