SiouxSports.com Forum

Want to see the feel good sports video of the year

Fetch

Great story!! :D

No shame in admitting that is made me cry like a baby. Wow. Just makes you think when you see these special people on a daily basis what special talents they may really have that we never have the luxury of seeing due to our own inate bias against them...

No shame in admitting that is made me cry like a baby. Wow. Just makes you think when you see these special people on a daily basis what special talents they may really have that we never have the luxury of seeing due to our own inate bias against them...

Wow, me too. Thanks.

That was very cool. thumbup_wink.gif

Watched it again. Made me cry again... am I just a friggin baby or is this one of the coolest off the cuff stories ever. Kinda like the "throw right" story for Notre Dame and Chuck Weis in college football earlier this/last year except no one had to die to get their dream come true?

Watched it again. Made me cry again... am I just a friggin baby or is this one of the coolest off the cuff stories ever. Kinda like the "throw right" story for Notre Dame and Chuck Weis in college football earlier this/last year except no one had to die to get their dream come true?

Gave me tears. So did the Weis story when I saw it.

I watched it twice. The first time I watched it to watch it. The second time I watched the players on his team that weren't in the game and the fans/cheerleaders.

That was amazing. There is one player who goes absolutely nuts on that dude's second 3 pointer and beats the crap out of his chair! It makes me think that, not everywhere are there athletes that only have the 'jock' mentality.

You want to see some more stories like that...Google Steve Hartman.

The guy is a master of heartwarming stories like that one. He does something which I believe he calls "Everybody has a story"; in which he throws a dart at the US map, opens that town's phonebook and finds a story in the person he picks. It's AMAZING how good some of them are!!!!

Thanks for the link . . . that is a great story. I am surprised that wasn't a bigger story and we(I) had to see it on the internet.

Good for that kid!!!!

It was actually aired on Good Morning America either Thursday or Friday morning (I don't recall which one). It is a truly amazing story though. If you've never volunteered your time to help out in such events, such as Special Olympics, I highly encourage you to do so. It is my students highlight point of the year, and really gives you a different perspective on winning and losing, and I guarentee that you'll experience one of the best feelings you've ever felt in your life.