SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Coaches Show 1/8/2003

PCM

The coaches show was held live from Lola's in beautiful downtown Grand Forks. Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman interviewed Dean Blais, along with assorted callers.

TH said he talked to Matt Greene and Matt Jones and they said they had a good time at the WJCs. They

Is a kid like Crosby really going to consider college? HNIC and Don Cherry were talking about him when he was 12 years old and talking about how great he was. I always assumed that he would be drafted and probably go straight into the NHL or at the very least the AHL. Or would his age allow him to play a year of college before he'd be drafted?

1. I would assume Blais spoke of a "player" at SSM. It's my understanding he (or any other coach) cannot publicly speak of a player until the LOI is signed and delivered.

2. Holy PA & Dubay obsession. The last time I listened, they spend the first two hours plotting how to PO UND fans in Grand Forks during the third hour. It' working. :D

Yeah, unfortunately the people in GF haven't had enough exp with these two. I give Dubay credit for being a Gopher fan, but even when the team was bad he didn't talk a lot of hockey other than to rant about Woog.

I love PA sucking up to Pohl and Leopold last year. Man, did that make you want to vomit or what.

GF listeners will learn that their show has little to know about hockey knowledge and everything to do with hype. It's too bad in a way because it could be a great forum for college hockey with the network as it is.

That said, whether it is media or internet message boards, fans will always glom onto the worst of the opponents and use them as a representative of the opponents fanbase.

Even I do it. :D

1. I would assume Blais spoke of a "player" at SSM. It's my understanding he (or any other coach) cannot publicly speak of a player until the LOI is signed and delivered.

2. Holy PA & Dubay obsession. The last time I listened, they spend the first two hours plotting how to PO UND fans in Grand Forks during the third hour. It' working. :D

Greyeagle,

Actually these two clowns have a few of the people talking in town.

One of my buddies and I spend the first ten minutes of every conversation swearing about these two clowns. They are funny but they don't know anything about UND hockey or even UofM hockey...

I guess that is part of the stick eh?

Looks like PA & Dubay took a page right out of the Howard Cosell book of "How to get your show to number one" book.

Don't forget, with their schtick, being a rube is a good thing.   ;)

Really? I guess I miss all that when I change the station to KNOX. :D

It isn't to hard to do push the button and poof all rube's is it? Are gone. ;) Now if just a few more folks tell that to Brian Lee Rivers..... ;)

I could have sworn you said Parise was centering the second line.

I'm not sure it makes much difference to Blais which line is first and which is second. On the official line charts, the Parise-Bochenski-whoever line has always been listed as the second line, even though most consider it the first line.

I'm not sure it makes much difference to Blais which line is first and which is second. On the official line charts, the Parise-Bochenski-whoever line has always been listed as the second line, even though most consider it the first line.

1st line are the one they introduce before the game. And usually it's not bochenski-parise. Then again they are probably on the ice within 1 minute, or less, anyway.

Agree. Label doesn't matter.

Its just kinda unthinkable that's all. Like getting old, recruiting a tall goalie, or having the Gophers introduced as "your national champions...." at The John.

At home, the #1 scoring line rarely starts because Blais has the last change and he likes to match his top defensive line with the opponent's top scoring line. I think the top scoring line will have more of a tendency to start for the Sioux on the road when it's not as easy for the coach to match-up the lines.