SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd make the argument that they SHOULD have beat BC. BC played like they thought Mercyhurst was a token team. I think their coach is actually quite decent and they got a few players that really can play.

In fairness, they played that way against the Sioux as well...

I see from the box score that Brett Sterling got called for checking from behind with three seconds left in the game. Sterling and the Tigers have to be very frustrated. I hope we can use some of that to our advantage tonight.

Too bad is wasn't a DQ. A good time to bury the Tigers for the year, and hope that we do not see them again this year . . . . Although a Final Five game with them would be fun.

I'll say it again, 'bop that bozo' everytime he's on the ice.

OK my trivia question to which I don't remember the answer,

Who was the Sioux hockey announcer who got so into the game that he yelled, "BOP THAT BOZO". I don't remember if it was on tv or radio.

Wasn't that ED Schultz?

Nice to see that we are still stinking up the joint on face offs.

Even Zajac lost two more than he won. I think this is on area UND has not done that well in.

## Player W L

------------------------------

15 Travis Zajac 10 12

9 Jonathan Toews 7 6

17 Rylan Kaip 4 7

20 Matt Watkins 3 3

19 Mike Prpich 3 8

14 Brad Miller 1 0

10 Andrew Kozek 1 2

18 Drew Stafford 0 1

Totals......... 29 39

Colorado College - Faceoffs

## Player W L

------------------------------

22 Marty Sertich 16 10

6 Trevor Frischmon 10 6

14 Chad Rau 8 7

20 Brandon Polich 4 5

19 Aaron Slattengren 1 0

9 Braydon Cox 0 1

Totals......... 39 29

Nice to see that we are still stinking up the joint on face offs.

I noticed that, too.

The other stat that concerned me was only three shots on goal by our D-men. Two of those shots were by Finley, one was by Smaby and all were in the first period. With guys like Lee, Radke and Chorney on the blue line, I have a hard time understanding why they're not more invovled in the offense. The Sioux were having more success when the D-corps was potting a goal every other game.

I noticed that, too.

The other stat that concerned me was only three shots on goal by our D-men. Two of those shots were by Finley, one was by Smaby and all were in the first period. With guys like Lee, Radke and Chorney on the blue line, I have a hard time understanding why they're not more invovled in the offense. The Sioux were having more success when the D-corps was potting a goal every other game.

I did notice that Lee had two assists and Jones had one. I guess that is good that they are getting points.

From the Radio it was apparent that UND was the better team, however, it is apparent that UND doesn't have guys on Defense that like the blast the puck. On a possitive note they scored on the PP right away and got right back in the game. That is huge in my opinion.

I did notice that Lee had two assists and Jones had one. I guess that is good that they are getting points.

True. But I think it makes playing defense against the Sioux a lot easier when the opposition doesn't have to worry much about UND's defensemen shooting.