SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see from the box score that Brett Sterling got called for checking from behind with three seconds left in the game. Sterling and the Tigers have to be very frustrated. I hope we can use some of that to our advantage tonight.

Saw that also; not surprising. That had to be a 5 and misconduct then, didn't it? There aren't any 2 minute CFBs that I know of.

Saw that also; not surprising. That had to be a 5 and misconduct then, didn't it? There aren't any 2 minute CFBs that I know of.

TH announced the penalty last night. He said it was a CFB, then said, 'Oh, it's a two minute penalty.' He never said who the penalty was against. Not all CFB penalties have resulted in game misconducts; this year anyway.

I saw a CFB call against No Dak last night at the game. I thought the same thing that CFB was automatically a 5 and DQ or Misconduct. I looked this up when I got home:

Here it is:

Hitting From Behind

SECTION 23. a. A player shall not push, charge, cross-check or body check

an opponent from behind.

PENALTY

When I heard the call, I questioned the 2 minutes (the one to Drew Stafford in the first period) My Tiger Striped glasses asked why that wasn't a 5; however, after cooling down the right call was made. Just an FYI: It was a 5 and game misconduct to Brian Salcido that did the Tigers in during the 2nd game against Wisconsin. (They scored 4 goals on that 5 minute power play) Why couldn't Elliot get injured just a week earlier? :blush:

It seems to depend on who the official is. Some seem to skip the interpretation and jump straight to the disqualification. The Sioux have definitely earned some of their DQs while many of the calls against them have been at the opposite end of the spectrum and have been a factor in a couple of their losses. We can all agree that we would rather have played Bucky without Elliot.

True. But I think it makes playing defense against the Sioux a lot easier when the opposition doesn't have to worry much about UND's defensemen shooting.

Maybe mention it to the players on Defense to shoot the puck and stop trying to make the pretty plays.

Or someone should mention it to Hakstol, he seems to respond to TH from the radio crew. I don't know what else a person can do. I like the fact that our Defensive players have been smashing the opposition again. That to me is impressive. We have to two tree trunks back on defense.

I think yesterday was only the second time this season that the black has been worn. So, that would make the record 2/2. :blush:

If I recall correctly, Hak said that the Saturday night Minnesota game was the first time they had worn them this year, making last night the second. He mentioned something about pulling them out at special times or when they needed a change of things. Hey, need the wins right now, so stick with what works.