SiouxSports.com Forum

Music at the Ralph during Hockey

Heff

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I truly love going to games at Mariucci! The band really adds to the atmosphere in the arena. On nights when the band is away (Christmas break), there is a NOTICEABLE difference. What peeves me the most is we pipe "The Rouser" in. That's cool, but when the Gophs score a goal, the band plays the verse to "The Rouser" once, runs through the chorus, then the song's done just in time for face-off. When the song is piped in, the crew at Mariucci plays an incredibly slow version with two verses. Thus, the song is usually playing for like 20 seconds after the impending face off. Isn't it illegal to pipe in music during actual game play?

Oh, and as for SCSU's music... unbearable. Never had the pleasure of going to the Ralph, but c'mon, if you play music over the PA system at a sports event, you have to play G 'n R!

If the idea is to get people on their feet, I'm not certain playing G'N'R a thousand times a night is the answer. Having been at the Xcel Energy Center this week for the Red Wings/Wild game, I can tell you that what gets some laughs and gets fans on their feet is playing some movie clips which encourage excitement. I know this has been discussed before at length, but I am not sure if this is happening at the Ralph or not. A couple of my favorites have been the scene from 'Braveheart' where William Wallace yells at his troops before they go into battle. Another good one is from 'Happy Gilmore," where Happy is set to tee off at his first major golf event and he turns to the crowd and says "cmon...how about a little noise?".

So I thought this thread was about music at the Ralph?? And not how hott Drew Stafford is (although I must say, I DO agree) LOL

Drew's hot bod = way more interesting than the music at the Ralph. plus this makes up for when the guys were drooling over meghan mutrie.

Yes. Not sure and because he's a freak. It's his band. *snicker* Jordy.

Jordy's costume sucks. I mean, everything but the helmet probably comes from his everyday wardrobe. Clearly, his commitment to the band is suspect.

Drew's hot bod = way more interesting than the music at the Ralph. plus this makes up for when the guys were drooling over meghan mutrie.Clearly, his commitment to the band is suspect.

Getting back to 'Music at the Ralph during Hockey'. Just think what beautiful music that hot bod could make, ;) ; oh and he's a great Sioux hockey player who plays at the Ralph.

Jordy's costume sucks. I mean, everything but the helmet probably comes from his everyday wardrobe. Clearly, his commitment to the band is suspect.

When Drew Stafford leaves UND, do you think Red Seal Peach (or whatever) will be a priority for him?

Sorry, but at most 2 years down the line (more like after this season) Red Seal Peach will cease to exist because Stafford will have a new address.... Rochester, NY.