SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hosts SCSU

jk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe UND wouldn't have to fight if no talent teams like St Cloud stopped hacking and abusing the more talented Sioux players. Seriously your skilled players aren't going to be able to perform to their potential in the WCHA unless you have players that can clear the dirty chaff out of the way. I can't remember a WCHA player who was subjected to more of this type of abuse than Parise. Apparently, it is now happening to CCs Sterling and he may have a broken thumb courtesy of who else but the dirty Gophers. Yes this team may be the FIGHTING Sioux, but I would counter that the big whiners regarding this fact are usually the dirtiest teams in the NCAA and deserve every broken beak and sore noggin that is handed to them.

Oh, and one other thing, bringing in the likes of some finesse players like Lee, Oshie, Chorney, Duncan, Watkins and Miller should have moved us toward the other end of the spectrum-- hardly brutes. I know Chorney can be very physical, but he has a finesse game as well, Kozek as well, but he seems to mix it up and is very physical.

Uh, yeah, North Dakota is the only team in the league that plays cheap. :bigsmile:

Check out the latest WCHA Notebook at INCH:

And since scoring in a 3-2 loss to Wisconsin on Jan. 13 to collect his 99th career goal, Tigers star forward Brett Sterling has been unable to crack the century mark. In the series in Minneapolis, it was not for lack of trying. He assisted on two of the Tigers

We'll see how much hacking and slashing and holding SCSU does this weekend. They will certainly be on the fan's radar screen.

As for Motzko, funny how accusations of UND being a team that fights has it's roots with MN, a team that takes it's fair share of whacks with the stick, after the whistle face-washes and bumps.

Maybe UND wouldn't have to fight if no talent teams like St Cloud stopped hacking and abusing the more talented Sioux players. Seriously your skilled players aren't going to be able to perform to their potential in the WCHA unless you have players that can clear the dirty chaff out of the way. I can't remember a WCHA player who was subjected to more of this type of abuse than Parise. Apparently, it is now happening to CCs Sterling and he may have a broken thumb courtesy of who else but the dirty Gophers. Yes this team may be the FIGHTING Sioux, but I would counter that the big whiners regarding this fact are usually the dirtiest teams in the NCAA and deserve every broken beak and sore noggin that is handed to them.

Right that is what I was thinking about. How many times has Parise been run this season?

I promise you'll be adding one or two additional after Sterling gets through with him. The guy is consistant.

I don't get the logic from Motzko, UND is the most penalized team in the WCHA however, there have been two DQ's all year, he must be using Donny Lucia logic. I know he has said that about UND in the past too.

I would say most teams in our league play hard nosed hockey and a fight could happen at any moment if the refs let the play get out of hand like they did on Saturday night... Even the Gophers play hard nosed hockey, recieving one DQ for Harrington's scrum on Saturday night of the Niagra game. We can debate wether it was a DQ or not but it wasn't changed.

Running the goalie is a trick I see happening a lot lately. Denver was doing it a lot too when they played UND earlier in the season. I have seen the Sterling runs over the years too. For a small guy Sterlin has a yellow stripe down the back of his jersey he is mean. , I am pretty sure he will cool it if he ever makes it to the NHL.

If I remember right SCSU are not a bunch of choir boys. I can remember a series in 1998 or 1999 when they sent a player out to do a dirty deed that had to be responded to by Matt Henderson coming off the bench and pummeling a SCSU player. I can remember Blaiser on being asked if they sent that player out, said, you don't want me to answer that question.

If I remember right Gaffenany got his ass kicked by someone I believe Commodore a few years back too.

Kevin,

I have to say that your article is a hatchet job of UND hockey, I have never seen such a one sided article in my life. Your pompous holier than though attitude is sickening. The only time I have seen anything more one sided is in Mpls from Fox Sports Net and the Gophers media people. UND is a tough team

that plays it opponents straight up and is not dirty nor does it spend all of its time sparing and fighting on the ice. If you actually seen the games last weekend you might actually know what on the ice last weekend. The fight in question was started by the MSU-M players. UND responded after one of its star players who had two minor penalties his whole career was jumped from behind by a much bigger MSU-M player. You might want to concentrate on SCSU hockey (A strong hockey powerhouse, yeah right) and try not to be so condescending and anti UND. We get enough of it from your leftist factuality and their anti-Fighting Sioux nick name views.

Here my email I sent this clown.

Anyone say like PCM or someone close to the team want to slip this on the board at the REA?

That should fire the boys up...

I wouldn't do it even if I could. I can't take the risk of jeopardizing my sudo-journalist status. :bigsmile:

Seriously? You wouldn't go down in my estimation.

It's not your estimation I'm worried about. You don't sign my USCHO pay checks.

Wait...

I don't get any USCHO pay checks. Do you have any inflamatory material for Saturday? :bigsmile: