SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hosts SCSU

jk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be shocked if it's not Smaby-Jones and Chorney-Lee and Marvin-Alexander.

If I were betting I'd bet:

(i) Alexander gets two or three shifts per period (standard 6th D),

(ii) Marvin gets the shifts with Alexander, and spotted in on PK or when someone else need extra time after a long shift (standard 5th D), and

(iii) Smaby-Jones and Chorney-Lee will see a lot of ice.

I don't expect the "3 pairs" approach; I expect to see the "6-5-4" bench shortening approach normally taken during playoffs (which keeps the better guys out longer).

As far as forwards, who wanted in the line-up more this week in practice? Kaip, Miller, Mertens, or Foyt? Skate or sit. There's that answer.

One more note: Brian Lee needs to have a better weekend than he did versus Mankato.

I'd be shocked if it's not Smaby-Jones and Chorney-Lee and Marvin-Alexander.

If I were betting I'd bet:

(i) Alexander gets two or three shifts per period (standard 6th D),

(ii) Marvin gets the shifts with Alexander, and spotted in on PK or when someone else need extra time after a long shift (standard 5th D), and

(iii) Smaby-Jones and Chorney-Lee will see a lot of ice.

I don't expect the "3 pairs" approach; I expect to see the "6-5-4" bench shortening approach normally taken during playoffs (which keeps the better guys out longer).

As far as forwards, who wanted in the line-up more this week in practice? Kaip, Miller, Mertens, or Foyt? Skate or sit. There's that answer.

One more note: Brian Lee needs to have a better weekend than he did versus Mankato.

According to the coaches show, Kaip will more than likely play both nights vs. SCSU based on how Hakstol stated how impressed he was with Kaip on Saturday's game vs. MSUM.

Need to edit: Everything else you state is correct. To be honest, though, I wasn't paying too much attention to Lee this past weekend.

So we will be missing two regular D-men for Friday and St Cloud will be missing a player who has burned the Sioux a few times, Jensen with his knee injury. If the four intact Sioux forward lines can take the play to them on Friday it should put the Sioux in a good position to finish off the pesky Huskies.

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../101260018/1002

So we will be missing two regular D-men for Friday and St Cloud will be missing a player who has burned the Sioux a few times, Jensen with his knee injury. If the four intact Sioux forward lines can take the play to them on Friday it should put the Sioux in a good position to finish off the pesky Huskies.

wow, hate to see a player hurt like that. he is a huge part of their team. thats a big loss for sccc, sucks for them...

Hey. You were there. Looks to me like that is what they pretty much did. At least until the third period. That, and the next night, and last weekend, are the springboard to Milwaukee.

Git yer West Regional tickets now.

Actually, I only attended Saturday's game (insert "whew" expression here). Moving on...the focus is on the rest of the season. I'm convinced Wisconsin and Denver will be 1-2, so the question is "can the Sioux get to third place?". If Goldy gets swept this weekend and the Sioux sweep SCCC, things could get interesting.

wow, hate to see a player hurt like that. he is a huge part of their team. thats a big loss for sccc, sucks for them...

Hopefully, it's not too serious and they're just being smart and giving him time to heal properly. They still managed to sweep the 'Dogs without him.

I just noticed, the St. Cloud times doesn't refer to us as the Fighting Sioux. Hmm, I thought is was just the school. Oh well, doesn't matter; just an observation.

Actually, I only attended Saturday's game (insert "whew" expression here). Moving on...the focus is on the rest of the season. I'm convinced Wisconsin and Denver will be 1-2, so the question is "can the Sioux get to third place?". If Goldy gets swept this weekend and the Sioux sweep SCCC, things could get interesting.

I'm still hopeful that Denver's poor power rankings are indicative of a team that's still vulnerable, despite the sweep at Bucky. I will be surprised if Goldy get's swept this weekend, and think Bucky and Goldy will be 1-2 in the end, with UND, CC and Denver fighting for 3-5. MN sweeping CC was a sure benefit for our boys, IMO.

Hopefully the team is focused on what Hak said last night and worrying only about 4 points this weekend and leaving the "what-if" to us internet experts.

Big loss for their program.

Too bad, I always want to beat a team at their best. Best wishes to Jensen.

...I'm still hopeful that Denver's poor power rankings are indicative of a team that's still vulnerable...

They are. I think they matchup well with teams like UW and CC that don't have scoring depth throughout their lineup. They will get into top line and goaltending vs. top line and goaltending type games with those teams and can easily win.

When they face UM and likely UND they will likely be under siege when Carle isn't on the ice.

I think they are extremely similar to the Gophers of '03-'04. Very dangerous, but will remain inconsistant. I don't think they are a tourney team unless they win the Final Five, however they are putting themselves in a position with great league play to make that possible.

They are. I think they matchup well with teams like UW and CC that don't have scoring depth throughout their lineup. They will get into top line and goaltending vs. top line and goaltending type games with those teams and can easily win.

When they face UM and likely UND they will likely be under siege when Carle isn't on the ice.

I think they are extremely similar to the Gophers of '03-'04. Very dangerous, but will remain inconsistant. I don't think they are a tourney team unless they win the Final Five, however they are putting themselves in a position with great league play to make that possible.

Wow! Given that nobody expected a back-to-back championship season last year, that's pretty big talk about them not even making the tournament. Denver is coming off a weekend sweep at Wisconsin. Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Wow! Given that nobody expected a back-to-back championship season last year, that's pretty big talk about them not even making the tournament. Denver is coming off a weekend sweep at Wisconsin. Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

If they are going to make the tourney it could easily be at UNDs expense. Don't let them in and none of us have to worry about a freakin' threepeat. :bigsmile:

If they are going to make the tourney it could easily be at UNDs expense. Don't let them in and none of us have to worry about a freakin' threepeat. :bigsmile:

I think the WCHA is going to get 5 teams in again this season and I don't see the CCHA getting 5 in.

Besides in my opinion the EZAC is getting too much credit.

(clearing throat so old-guy season ticket holder can start loud cheer)

Whi-i-ite Cloud ....

Whi-i-i-i-i-i-i-ite Cloud ...

Flush it!

(clearing throat again so old-guy season ticket holder can start another loud cheer at some time after doing that first one a couple of times throughout the game to drive the point home)

Wipe and flush!

Wipe and flush!

Wipe and flush!

:bigsmile: