SiouxSports.com Forum

Christian to SCSU?

jk

A GPLer from Moorhead with good credibility posted that Jordy has committed to SCSU. What a shocker that would be if true. Any of you FM Sioux fans hear this? Apparently it was reported on the local news.

No idea if it's true, but it seems like many Moorhead players have gone to SCSU in the past. Probably wouldn't be asked to go prove himself at Juniors by SCSU as well.

Unfortunate but Jordy has to like two things about committing to SCSU:

1. Rebuilding a team can be a good thing to be a part of if it works out. SCSU finally has a decent coach and one more year of eligibility for a real goaltender. IMO, though, Motzko alone makes SCSU a more credible school.

2. Immediate playing time. Most of the other schools recruiting him wanted a year in juniors first. With SCSU, he can go right from high school.

Now UND just needs to focus on getting Aaron Marvin.

How did UND lose someone who's dad was such a big part of the school to St. Cloud State? Only on acount of villany!

Was UND actively recruiting him? I really am not sure, though it would seem that there were many other players the same age that would have been higher priority targets. He should benefit from the size of SCCCs rink. Best of luck to him, except when he plays the Sioux.

From today's Forum (sorry I cannot find a link):

Christian said "it was too good of an offer to pass up." It looks like he will join SCSU for the '07-08 season. It also stated that he made an unofficial visit to UND, but SCSU's offer was the first he received.

There were further comments about JC wanting to be part of a winning tradition that he believes Motzko, one of his instructors at the UofM summer camp, is starting to build.

From today's Forum (sorry I cannot find a link):

Christian said "it was too good of an offer to pass up." It looks like he will join SCSU for the '07-08 season. It also stated that he made an unofficial visit to UND, but SCSU's offer was the first he received.

There were further comments about JC wanting to be part of a winning tradition that he believes Motzko, one of his instructors at the UofM summer camp, is starting to build.

Really? The first offer he received? :D And I understand the part about wanting to be part of a "winning tradition", but at St. Cloud State? Who's advising this guy?

Interesting.