SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Visits the Ralph

SiouxHockey1410

If the Sioux put up 7 like they should, this will be no problem... The worst thing you can do is get into a defensive struggle against inferior talent. Time to see Radke and Lee pile up some assists.

7 like they should? tell me...they're supposed to put up 7 on a goaltender with a sv% of .911 and a GAA of 2.61 or something close to that? I hope the Sioux do that, but I do not think it will hpapen :silly:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is happening to the Wild is basically what was coming to them, they put a second rate talent on the ice and expect them to win. Granted they have two great goalies but even great goalies can't stop everything...

Most teams try to put a competative team on the ice, the Wild haven't. The Wild are still below the cap big time and are now showing it with poor effort after poor effort on the ice night after nice. In my opinion the Wild only have basically two stars Rolston and Gaberick the rest are third and fourth line players. I hope the fans stop going to the games and force the owners to put a product on the ice that worth watching.

Stop criticising the Risenbrough (sp?) way! The Wild put a product on the ice that maximizes on profit with marginal value to consumers. Like the Chicago Cubs do year in and year out. Sure, every now and then they'll make a run and excite the masses like the Wild did a few years back, the Vikes did in 1998, and the Cubs did in what... 2001? But in the end it is the marginal talent and the lackluster product that comes back to hit you square in the face.

The Wild had the best opportunity to reap the value in what possibly was the best offseason for scoring talent in the history of the NHL and they signed Todd White and Brian Rolston as their "top notch" acquisitions. Well, Rolston is panning out. But White has never been a scoring phenom, just a really good role player. IMO, this Wild team is a bust. Fire the GM and get someone in there that actually wants to put a product on the ice that wins games. I'd try to woo the GM of the Senators to Minny.

[stop criticising the Risenbrough (sp?) way! The Wild put a product on the ice that maximizes on profit with marginal value to consumers. Like the Chicago Cubs do year in and year out. Sure, every now and then they'll make a run and excite the masses like the Wild did a few years back, the Vikes did in 1998, and the Cubs did in what... 2001? But in the end it is the marginal talent and the lackluster product that comes back to hit you square in the face.

No offense but when did it become a crime to criticize the flawed way the wild are running their team?

I wouldn't want any organization run like the losers the cubs. Actually the Wild are two or three top flight players away from winning a stanley cup. But they are putting way too much pressure on Marian Gaberick.

I think maybe its time for a coaching change.

No offense but when did it become a crime to criticize the flawed way the wild are running their team?

I wouldn't want any organization run like the losers the cubs. Actually the Wild are two or three top flight players away from winning a stanley cup. But they are putting way too much pressure on Marian Gaberick.

I think maybe its time for a coaching change.

psst....I think he was agreeing with you. At least that's how I read it.

psst....I think he was agreeing with you. At least that's how I read it.

I was agreeing with Goon! :silly:

The Wild has an ownership that thinks Minnesotans are suckers, a GM that thinks that he can get Modano or Forsberg type talent for the price of say.... Alex Henry's contract, and a coach whose defensive prowess isn't questionable, but whose offensive ideas would have done him good... what... 11 years ago?

I like Lemaire and, to a certain extent, the Wild's mediocrity isn't his fault. After all, he has to play with the players the GM gives him. Not Lemaire's fault that they would be one of three things on an offensive powerhouse like Ottawa:

1. 2nd to 4th liners (2nd liners would be Gaborik, Mitchell (second pairing), and Rolston)

2. healthy scratches

3. AHL affiliate/cut/trade bait

Might I remind you all that Modano WANTED to come back to Minnesota to finish his career? They said no because he was too pricey. Good grief.

The Wild will NEVER win a Stanley Cup with the front office it has now. Guaranteed. Yes, Goon, I think Boston even has a better shot than Minnesota. Why? Because the worse Boston gets, the more push for a change there will be. With change comes improvement. Minnesota will always be hovering right below the cutoff point to the playoffs in an area known as "mediocrity." They aren't good, but they aren't cellar dwellars. There will be no push for improvement and, hence, will never hoist the Cup.

EDIT: One thing to add: As a Cubs fan, we are eternally hopeful that there will be a change and that the ownership and the GM will bring in real talent to take us to the World Series. Yes, it's simple, plain jane, denial. :D

Sorry for the tangent PCM. I just thought that the way the Senators were playing is really how the Sioux should play, especially when we come across a team that is all defense and not a lot of anything else.

I just hope the SIoux come out and play two solid games.

I predicted a split because, right now, it's been quite a while since we have put together two good games. I hope for a sweep, though.

Is the name of this thread "Minnesota State Visits the Ralph" or "Minnesota Wild Visits the Ralph"? :D:D

I suppose it could be either one I suppose someone mentioned the Wild and Redwing and I went off on a tangent.. :silly: I get excited when I think about how poorly the Wild are run. It sucks when your favorite teams the Boston Bruins and Minnesota Wild stink.

I suppose it could be either one I suppose someone mentioned the Wild and Redwing and I went off on a tangent.. :silly: I get excited when I think about how poorly the Wild are run. It sucks when your favorite teams the Boston Bruins and Minnesota Wild stink.

I wasn't trying to be the thread police. I thought it might help chandler23 post his prognostication here if we were actually discussing what the thread said it was about. :D

The Sioux really need some home sweeps. This series will provide a good test because we know that MSU is always a hard-working team that gives UND fits at home. It could set the tone for the rest of the season.

The Sioux really need some home sweeps. This series will provide a good test because we know that MSU is always a hard-working team that gives UND fits at home. It could set the tone for the rest of the season.

Agreed. And then with SCSU coming to REA next weekend, these are both teams below the Sioux in the standings. Hopefully the Sioux can at least go 3-1 in those 4 games, maybe even get 4 wins at home in a row :silly: . We'll see what happens, but I agree that these are a pivotal two series coming up.

If the team's goal is to be in the top 3, it may be that the Sioux need to win all their home games and split on the road. Has anyone used the "what-if" calculator lately? I know this is rather premature and far from accurate, but here's where I think the finish could be if the Sioux sweep at home and split on the road:

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

UW 28 48

UMN 28 37

CC 28 36

UND 28 36

Denver 28 34

UMD 28 21

SCSU 28 21

Mankato 28 19

MTech 28 15

AA 28 13

One thing I have been wondering about is how effective Fabian would be if paired with more of playmaker types. He has shown a knack for getting the puck in the net, but doesn't get a lot of chances.

Combined with Coach Hakstol's comments on the Coaches Show thread (niceely paraphrased by PCM), indicating he wants to see production from all four lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple modest moves this weekend.

Also, Mankato's top line with Backes and Morin is as good as anyone's.

Predict lower-scoring games, with relatively fewer penalties (the 2 go hand in hand, I guess). As long as it stays 5x5, I don't think Mankato can score much.

(I have no opinion on the Wild.)

One thing I have been wondering about is how effective Fabian would be if paired with more of playmaker types. He has shown a knack for getting the puck in the net, but doesn't get a lot of chances.

Combined with Coach Hakstol's comments on the Coaches Show thread (niceely paraphrased by PCM), indicating he wants to see production from all four lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple modest moves this weekend.

Also, Mankato's top line with Backes and Morin is as good as anyone's.

Predict lower-scoring games, with relatively fewer penalties (the 2 go hand in hand, I guess). As long as it stays 5x5, I don't think Mankato can score much.

(I have no opinion on the Wild.)

Having seen him plan in several games, I think he is best served where he is. He is a very gritty player, who is best and taking advantage of other teams less skilled players. He doesn't fit in ino a preset role very well, he is more skilled than a grinder, but more of a grinder than a playmaker. An absolutely great find for the Sioux. I like hime on the 3rd or 4th line where he can make a difference.

BTW, at a game I saw in Mankato, 2 years ago, Fabian scored a hat trict in a 10-1 route. I'm not sure, but those may have been his first 3 goals as a menber of the Sioux. That also served as his "coming out" party. (Please don't read that wrong :huh: )

Unfortunately, a team doesn't have to be good 5x5 to beat the Sioux.

I agree with siouxnami.

Fabian is a grinder who has an offensive upside. Leave him where he is. We just need to find someone to ride the other wing/center position. Fabian and Prpich are a good pair, but the third? I'd like it to be Kaip but something's just not right with Rylan.

As for a low penalty game, I'll believe that when I see it. Who knows who we'll get to officiate and that usually tells us how many penalties to expect.

Randy Schmidt, Scott Zelkin, Don Adam = High penalty count

Derek Shepherd, Marco Hunt, Mason, Albers = Variable

Campion = Lower generally.

Don't hammer on me to hard for this, but I'm wondering one thing. Has there ever been a game where the officiating met anyones expectations ? It just seems to me that every game win or lose it's always the same complaints about officials. I know some calls get botched, however blaming officials seems too easy of a target sometimes. I hardly think it's any referee's fault that we lead the nation in checking from behind calls, for example. Go ahead let the smearing begin.

Don't hammer on me to hard for this, but I'm wondering one thing. Has there ever been a game where the officiating met anyones expectations ? It just seems to me that every game win or lose it's always the same complaints about officials. I know some calls get botched, however blaming officials seems too easy of a target sometimes. I hardly think it's any referee's fault that we lead the nation in checking from behind calls, for example. Go ahead let the smearing begin.

Will it surprise you if I agree with you?

I don't,if the Triouxper said the sky was blue I would have doubts.He is a low down yellow belly good for nothing dirtbag ;) And thats all I got to say about that.

.............and those are just the good things about me. :huh: Seriously, sometimes the official bashing gets ALMOST as old as raynman03's Hackstol bashing. :)