Apparently Phils a criminal now.

Goon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling's pretty mutual than.

And, I just watched it over. Phil touched the puck with 2.8 seconds left, and shot it into the stands with 1.4 seconds left, so the game was not over.

If the game was not over then I think it is a different story. My opinion would be that for all practical purposes the game was over with the Sioux getting their butts kicked and it appeared from my perspective that Lammy's actions were out of frustration. That being said, I can understand the argument that you need to be aware of what is going on when there is still time left in the game.

On a completely unrelated note and to try and mend our differences, My wife and I went to the Rivera Maya a year ago and had a blast. What is the story on any hurricane damage to the area that you will be visiting?

Why does it matter how much time was on the clock? When a goalie plays a puck and no one is within 50 feet of him is it a good play to fire it into the stands. Dont post on her if you dont know what youre talking about and youre just gonna be a typical sioux homer.

I guess we need to label every player in DI hockey criminals then. If time on the clock doesn't matter, then I'm sure nearly every player in D1 has fired a shot into the stands at one point.

Why does it matter how much time was on the clock? When a goalie plays a puck and no one is within 50 feet of him is it a good play to fire it into the stands. Dont post on her if you dont know what youre talking about and youre just gonna be a typical sioux homer.

It would seem you are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about. People were saying it was terrible for Phil to do because the game was over when actually the game wasn't over. HockeyMom pointed this out.

If the game was not over then I think it is a different story. My opinion would be that for all practical purposes the game was over with the Sioux getting their butts kicked and it appeared from my perspective that Lammy's actions were out of frustration. That being said, I can understand the argument that you need to be aware of what is going on when there is still time left in the game.

On a completely unrelated note and to try and mend our differences, My wife and I went to the Rivera Maya a year ago and had a blast. What is the story on any hurricane damage to the area that you will be visiting?

Heh. The game was over in the 2nd period. Right when the Gophers went up 3-1.

The time matters because people were bitching about the game being over and Phil putting one into the stands, which obviously the game wasn't over.

And, I'm glad that you're the SiouxSports police, I'll be sure in the future to PM you and make sure that you like it before I post something.

The time matters because people were bitching about the game being over and Phil putting one into the stands, which obviously the game wasn't over.

And, I'm glad that you're the SiouxSports police, I'll be sure in the future to PM you and make sure that you like it before I post something.

All I'm saying is that you shouldnt make excuses for his actions. We all know the game was over, whether the clock said so or not. Do you really think he did this as an "in-game" play? Get real.

If the game was not over then I think it is a different story.

I'm okay with that then. Funny how videotape can end something.

We're on the bay side, so we didn't take the brunt of Wilma, and our resort has been open since Dec. 2nd. I guess they have made many much needed renovations to the place. Should be a good time!

All I'm saying is that you shouldnt make excuses for his actions. We all know the game was over, whether the clock said so or not. Do you really think he did this as an "in-game" play? Get real.

Did I make any excuses? No.

Did I say he did it as an "in-game" play? No.

The game was over for UND when it was 3-1, but the clock was still running when he flicked it into the stands.

I love Tivo. :D

So, now does that make it different?

Also, the guy who took it off the shoulder was laughing and held the puck up to show everyone.

What's the big deal?

You actually allowed your Tivo machine to continue capturing that colossal sh!tstorm? I'm considering dangerously high levels of medication to rid myself of the foulness in my memory, and your rewinding/rewatching "it" on Tivo. Amazing.

:D

You take the chance of being hit by a puck everytime you walk into an arena.

Its like walking across a cross walk there is a element of risk that you might get hurt, just like when you are sitting in the crowd turn off your cell phone and watch the game or get tickets in the upper bowl.

Goon you of all people should be a big "personal accountability" guy or are you going to be like todays leaders and apply it simply when it's convenient? People (halo wearing UND fans included) ate Grant P. for lunch for a something similar St. Cloud a few years back.

Guys get frustrated and whether or not it was intentional, it was a careless play. I'm sure Phillipe is a classy kid and probably regrets it. If Hakstol thought it was intentional, I'm SURE he will regret it.

Nope ussually I don't think I would say anything about it here is why? All game long you have people shooting pucks out of the rink to relieve pressure, sometimes the puck gets shot out of the rink, unless you have the abiltiy to look inside people minds and see what he was thinking none of us will ever get to know the real reason short of asking him point blank.

It is also a lot different action than feeding pucks over the glass at fans. If Briggs would have done I wouldn't have thought about it for a second. I don't think most of us would have overembelished like Frank and Doug did.

Edited by Goon

You actually allowed your Tivo machine to continue capturing that colossal sh!tstorm? I'm considering dangerously high levels of medication to rid myself of the foulness in my memory, and your rewinding/rewatching "it" on Tivo. Amazing.

:D

I was too busy sulking to get off the couch, find the remote, and turn it off. At least it ended the after the game was over dispute.

I don't believe Phil had any intentions of sending the puck over the glass, into the stands. One poster stated earlier that "it was obvious" that Phil tried to do this. Unless you're Phil, you don't know what was going on in his mind. I've hit a kid with a puck before, right in the face, and it's not the best feeling. The kid ended up going to Altru to get quite a few stitches. It happened during a pick-up game of adults, and the kid jumped on the ice and went right in front of the shot, as soon as I released it. I didn't intend to hit the kid, but it happened. I can't change that. I felt terrible for weeks, and still do when I think about it. My point is that Phil did something, that he most likely regrets now. He can't change that it happened. We're all human, and we learn from mistakes. This isn't the first time a hockey player has done something like this and it won't be the last. The situation could have been a lot worse, but luckily for Phil, and UND, it wasn't. Now we need to pick up the pieces and move on. To sit here and argue with one another about whether it was right or not, is asinine. Personally, I'd like to forget last night all together. I really wish I was a drinker as maybe I wouldn't be remembering last night today! :D

I don't believe Phil had any intentions of sending the puck over the glass, into the stands. One poster stated earlier that "it was obvious" that Phil tried to do this. Unless you're Phil, you don't know what was going on in his mind. I've hit a kid with a puck before, right in the face, and it's not the best feeling. The kid ended up going to Altru to get quite a few stitches. It happened during a pick-up game of adults, and the kid jumped on the ice and went right in front of the shot, as soon as I released it. I didn't intend to hit the kid, but it happened. I can't change that. I felt terrible for weeks, and still do when I think about it. My point is that Phil did something, that he most likely regrets now. He can't change that it happened. We're all human, and we learn from mistakes. This isn't the first time a hockey player has done something like this and it won't be the last. The situation could have been a lot worse, but luckily for Phil, and UND, it wasn't. Now we need to pick up the pieces and move on. To sit here and argue with one another about whether it was right or not, is asinine. Personally, I'd like to forget last night all together. I really wish I was a drinker as maybe I wouldn't be remembering last night today! :D

Great post.

No one should be arguing it was OK. And know one knows what Phil's intentions were.

Time to move on ?

I don't believe Phil had any intentions of sending the puck over the glass, into the stands. One poster stated earlier that "it was obvious" that Phil tried to do this. Unless you're Phil, you don't know what was going on in his mind.

I could tell he was going to send the puck over the glass before it left his stick, and I am not making that up. I said to myself, "He's not going to...wow, he did. What a stupid thing to do". You could see it coming from his positioning and the setup before shooting the puck. Laugh all you want, but I saw it coming.

That said, it shouldn't be that big of a deal because it doesn't appear to be part of a trend. He did it once, probably regrets it and it most likely won't happen again. We can move on. :D

So the clock at Marriucci lied? :D

I am proud of you that you can read minds though. Can you also do lottery numbers?

The clock on FSN showed time had elapsed. If it was in sync with the game clock then time expired.

And you don't have to read Phil's mind to see what he was going to do with that puck - he didn't do it in under a second. Cripes, watch the game tape again - you can see it coming well before it left his stick.

The clock on FSN showed time had elapsed. If it was in sync with the game clock then time expired.

And you don't have to read Phil's mind to see what he was going to do with that puck - he didn't do it in under a second. Cripes, watch the game tape again - you can see it coming well before it left his stick.

And, I just watched it over. Phil touched the puck with 2.8 seconds left, and shot it into the stands with 1.4 seconds left, so the game was not over.

So HockeyMom is lying? :D

You can read minds! You're amazing!

And I'm just quoting what HockeyMom said after rewatching the play on FSN. I was over it two seconds after it happened. I'm just wondering how you are able to read minds and be so certain about it. I'm simply attempting to further my education and trying to learn new things.

I was talking to a former player after the game. The puck went over close to where he was sitting. Simply put, he didn't approve.

No one approves. It's done. Hak has very likely 'dealt with' the situation. Phil will never do such a stupid thing again, guaranteed.

Who would have ever thought this subject would have made/lasted four pages. I think a win tonight would cure all of the negative energy hovering around this site today. A win would probably take away a hangover and propel the Sioux into next week

Edited by Goon

I guess it is hard to say if he intended to do it or not. I would think that if he did, that he regrets doing it and would take it back if he could.

From a player's perspective, I know that sometimes the puck leaves the stick in a way that you didn't intend. Whether it be the angle/movement of the stick, or what, but sometimes it just doesn't go where you want it to. Like when you shoot the puck over the boards while playing outdoor hockey (crap, now I have to go find it in the snow! :D ). Even players in the collegiate/pro ranks do it, watching some players missing the net wide on a shot, or better yet, sending it sailing over the net.

I'm not trying to say that Lammy didn't intend to do it, because maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But I also think that it could have just been a puck that got away from him while he was trying to bank it off the glass. Only one person knows for sure, and that person is not any of us....or Slap Shot. :lol::D