SiouxSports.com Forum

Apparently Phils a criminal now.

Goon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it would have hit your child or girlfirend, wife or whatever, I think you would have cared. Phil should have shown more self-restraint. Thankfully, no one got hurt and I am Phil wishes he could take it back.

You take the chance of being hit by a puck everytime you walk into an arena.

I was there. Game was not over, and if that shot by Phil was just a little ways to the right it hits the higher glass.

Gopher student section was real classy sieving a kid that got hit with the puck earlier in the game. Kid is crying and they are sieving him. Classy. Time to put some nets.

Diggler's right.

It's not a big deal. The guy that got the puck was happy. End of story.

That is a bunch of b.s. - it could have had a different ending and thankfully no one was hurt. Lammy should have known better and that is the bottom line. If a gooopher player would have done something similar, this board would have been piling on the replies of how inappropriate the players actions were. Matter of fact, Irmen grabbed his jersey when he scored in GF and we had a long debate as to his actions which had much less of a potential effect as to Phil's.

He shouldn't have done it.

It was not a criminal act, but it was clearly negligent to do so.

I bet he wishes he hadn't. I bet he was sick and tired of pucks after seeing 50 shot by or at him that night.

But there's no defense for this-it shouldn't have happened.

This is just silly. No one is saying Phil should have done it, but bringing up a girl that was killed by a puck as a reason why what Phil did was absolutely horrible, is ridiculous. It is not that big of a deal. Would anyone give a crap if yesterdays game went the exact opposite and Briggs sent a puck into the stands? Or if Phil would have done this at REA?

It wasn't like it was ten minutes after the game is was seconds.......

Exactly my point - THE GAME WAS OVER and many people were in the process of exiting the arena. Fortunately the person who caught the puck was still paying attention. If it would have been you in the stands and got plunked in the melon, you would be singing an entirely different verse.

What Phil did was out of frustration and I realize their was no intent to injure but that does not excuse himself from his actions.

Let's rehash here:

1. Phil made a mistake. We're sure he knows it and that it is more than likely been addressed.

2. The Gopher fan who caught the puck had a smile on his face, therefore no one was hurt.

So the question is:

Do we make a big deal of this or do we say that Phil made a mistake and move on?

Right now I see we're 50/50.

So what do you 50% that don't want to move on want to happen? If Jordy is still hurt do we play Walski?

If we play Walski, are we content with a Gopher sweep? Because I'll guarantee you that's what will happen. It might happen anyways, but I know the best person on the ice last night was Phil so I think benching him for a good overall performance because he made a mistake after the game is just flat out stupid.

So, really, seriously, what do you want to see happen?

It wasn't a 100mph+ slapshot.

I can't believe some of you people are getting so worked up over this. Go get worked up over something worthwhile......like ending AIDS or poverty.

It will make you feel better about yourself and actually do some good, rather than causing a heart attack.

I bring my small children to games all the time. You run the risk of getting hit by pucks all the time.

It wasn't a 100mph+ slapshot.

I can't believe some of you people are getting so worked up over this. Go get worked up over something worthwhile......like ending AIDS or poverty.

It will make you feel better about yourself and actually do some good, rather than causing a heart attack.

I bring my small children to games all the time. You run the risk of getting hit by pucks all the time.

Even when the game is over?

The horn blows, a half a second later Phil shoots the puck into the stands. Had the whistle been blown with 1 second left and Phil shoots the puck into the crowd, then it's not as bad? Umm ok. He shot the puck into the stands and while it wasn't a smart move, but it's not that big of a deal.

OK hows this for a difference, there is a reason to shoot the puck out when being pressured, which by the way is usually intended to be iced and may leave the rink, the game was completely over!! Even if the horn had just blown, the game was over with 15 seconds left if you would have been watching they were just ticking the time away. Tell me a reason Phil would have done that, and dont say he was frustrated because he is a 21 year old adult and you cant let "being frustrated" make you lose your head.

That's what I was asking. People were saying it was so much worse because it happened when the game was over. I wanted to know if it would be such a big deal if it had been done with a second left in the game.

Perhaps I am wrong but I thought that if the goalie fires it into the crowd during play that it was a delay of game penalty. Not sure so I would like some clarification.

I think you are the one who needs a pill, a smart pill that is, as your reasoning is absolutely ridiculous

Feeling's pretty mutual than.

And, I just watched it over. Phil touched the puck with 2.8 seconds left, and shot it into the stands with 1.4 seconds left, so the game was not over.

Feeling's pretty mutual than.

And, I just watched it over. Phil touched the puck with 2.8 seconds left, and shot it into the stands with 1.4 seconds left, so the game was not over.

Why does it matter how much time was on the clock? When a goalie plays a puck and no one is within 50 feet of him is it a good play to fire it into the stands. Dont post on her if you dont know what youre talking about and youre just gonna be a typical sioux homer.

The whole thing comes down to did he try to shoot the puck over the glass or just against the boards, I coached when phil was in bantams, and know him on a personal level, he is the utmost competitor and a stand up guy, my guess is he was firing the puck at the boards and it got away from him, for you in here to give the guy a bad name for something like this get a life, move on to the next thing you can whine about!