SiouxSports.com Forum

Apparently Phils a criminal now.

Goon

Some of the Gopher morons over on KFAN said that Phil purposesly flipped a puck over the glass and almost smacked someone in the head and now is show how a classless act. Where do they get these people. Whinning in the face of victory. Did anyone esle see this?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Gopher morons over on KFAN said that Phil purposesly flipped a puck over the glass and almost smacked someone in the head and now is show how a classless act. Where do they get these people. Whinning in the face of victory. Did anyone esle see this?

We were watching the game on FSN, which means that we were listening to Woog and the other moron. When Phil lifted the puck into the stands they both went, "Woooooo" like it was something bad. They zoomed in on the Gopher fan that caught the puck....he had a HUGE smile on his face with the souvenier he just got from the shalacking that the Sioux took. They both went silent and then one of them said something to the effect of- that guy is pretty happy right now.

The guy caught the puck and he was happy as heck that he got it. Grinning from ear to ear. For the Gopher fans to say that Phil nearly smacked someone in the head and he is malicious is a big fat joke.

We were watching the game on FSN, which means that we were listening to Woog and the other moron. When Phil lifted the puck into the stands they both went, "Woooooo" like it was something bad. They zoomed in on the Gopher fan that caught the puck....he had a HUGE smile on his face with the souvenier he just got from the shalacking that the Sioux took. They both went silent and then one of them said something to the effect of- that guy is pretty happy right now.

The guy caught the puck and he was happy as heck that he got it. Grinning from ear to ear. For the Gopher fans to say that Phil nearly smacked someone in the head and he is malicious is a big fat joke.

That is what I thought too, I doubt that it would be malicious. The problem I find with Frank he needs to tone it down a bit. Frank is so much a homer he can't even be objective nor even handed. It become more apparent when the Goofers are winning a game last night he was so giddy and if he wants to be a fan go buy a ticket and maybe Minnesota can find someone better to do the games. I am not sure who is worse Sweeny nor Frank. One has too much enthusiasum and the other is like paint drying.

he fired it into the stands right at the buzzer and it hit the guy in the shoulder because he was pointing to others around him where it hit him and he was happy as can be taking that puck home. woog at first tried to make a big deal out of it then he probably realized how big of a idiot he is and shut up. he made a comment like, i wonder if there will be a penalty for phils shot....what a joke

did anyone else (or any gophers fans on this board) hear woogs commenets about the gophers d the last couple of seasons under the lucia pet. there was a trivia question on when was the last time the gophers gave up 50 shots and who they gave those up to i believe and he made a couple jabs at the gophers D and his dumb azz sidekick said something to "now now doug" referring to woog was saying that his teams never did..woog said something like it was probaby last year when they gave those shots up in a snickering manner....he may have been right but it was a bit odd the way he went about it.....

I was at the game and did see Lammy shoot the puck into the stands. It looked like it was out of frustration but the point is somebody could have got hurt if the puck hit him/her in the head, and that would not have been a joke. Not a smart move.

I was at the game and did see Lammy shoot the puck into the stands. It looked like it was out of frustration but the point is somebody could have got hurt if the puck hit him/her in the head, and that would not have been a joke. Not a smart move.

I don't think this makes him a classless hack like some had suggested.

Some of the Gopher morons over on KFAN said that Phil purposesly flipped a puck over the glass...

He did do it on purpose. I don't think was with the intent to injure anyone, but it was obvious that he tried to send over the glass. It doesn't make him a criminal, nor a bad guy and it's not that big a deal, but with the risk of being ridiculed I did think it was a bush league move.

Yes He Did It..? Why ? Who Knows..? Frustration probably...Certainly Uncalled For...and Immature...

Glad that no one got hurt... These thing should not happen...

I seen Phil nail the puck afterwards in fustration also. But honestly, from watching it on TV I thought he was just trying to slam the puck into the boards/glass but ended up in the stands.

When that happened I thought to myself, "Brilliant Phil..." knowing that thee would be people making a bigger deal out of it (of course, it could've been big deal). Still was not too bright though. I understand fustration but sportsmanship is important.

Of those Goofer fans whining in the face of victory, does this suprise any one? :D

Sioux fans would not whine in the face of victory. Were too sophisticated for that! :D

As a sioux fan, I was very disappointed in Phil's shot into the stands at the end of the game. If Kellen Briggs shot a puck into the stands at the Ralph the same way Phil did, all of you defending him would be saying how bad it was, and that includes are radio guys Hennesey (worst homer ive ever heard) and Lotysz (sounds like he learns the game through a manual as he talks).

People can push this incident aside all they want...I am a HUGE Sioux Fan!...

This puck Hurts Someone, Hits a Small Child in the Head, Whatever.....It Was just WRONG!

I am sure Coach Hak will address this and Take care of it as he see's fit...

Once agian I am just Glad No One got HURT!

People can push this incident aside all they want...I am a HUGE Sioux Fan!...

This puck Hurts Someone, Hits a Small Child in the Head, Whatever.....It Was just WRONG!

I am sure Coach Hak will address this and Take care of it as he see's fit...

Once agian I am just Glad No One got HURT!

I believe that you are "bottom line" correct...

Goon you of all people should be a big "personal accountability" guy or are you going to be like todays leaders and apply it simply when it's convenient? People (halo wearing UND fans included) ate Grant P. for lunch for a something similar St. Cloud a few years back.

Guys get frustrated and whether or not it was intentional, it was a careless play. I'm sure Phillipe is a classy kid and probably regrets it. If Hakstol thought it was intentional, I'm SURE he will regret it.

How is this any different from when a player purposely fires the puck out of play to relieve pressure in his defensive zone?

It's different because he shot it into the stands after the game ended. If a player shoots the puck during play most people are paying attention but after the horn sounds some people don't pay attention. Just my opinion.

Pay attention then. The player is doing the exact same thing and in both situations he certainly isn't attempting to injure anyone. I don't care who does it though or when he does it, I have big worries in my life then something like this. Sure Phil shouldn't have done it, but who cares?

Pay attention then. The player is doing the exact same thing and in both situations he certainly isn't attempting to injure anyone. I don't care who does it though or when he does it, I have big worries in my life then something like this. Sure Phil shouldn't have done it, but who cares?

You Honestly do not see a difference between.......... Game in Progress vs Game Over?

The horn blows, a half a second later Phil shoots the puck into the stands. Had the whistle been blown with 1 second left and Phil shoots the puck into the crowd, then it's not as bad? Umm ok. He shot the puck into the stands and while it wasn't a smart move, but it's not that big of a deal.

The horn blows, a half a second later Phil shoots the puck into the stands. Had the whistle been blown with 1 second left and Phil shoots the puck into the crowd, then it's not as bad? Umm ok. He shot the puck into the stands and while it wasn't a smart move, but it's not that big of a deal.

Maybe it should of "Hit you in the Head" then I think it would clear this up for you..?

Nope. I pay attention when I'm at hockey games and thus wouldn't have the problem in most cases. If I was hit, it would be because I wasn't able to get out of the way, not because I was too busy picking my nose. If I get hit by a puck, it certainly would suck but I wouldn't get my pants all in a knot because of when the puck hit me.

Nope. I pay attention when I'm at hockey games and thus wouldn't have the problem in most cases. If I was hit, it would be because I wasn't able to get out of the way, not because I was too busy picking my nose. If I get hit by a puck, it certainly would suck but I wouldn't get my pants all in a knot because of when the puck hit me.

Goggle..Brittanie Cecil..?......I wonder if her friends and family got there pants in a Knot?...

I'm Done....

If it would have hit your child or girlfirend, wife or whatever, I think you would have cared. Phil should have shown more self-restraint. Thankfully, no one got hurt and I am Phil wishes he could take it back.