SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA must ban itself!

The Sicatoka

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Mr. Brand would be so kind as to provide the $$$ amounts the NC$$ takes in from various revenue streams from names/logos of schools that are/were deemed "hostile" and/or "abusive". I'm pretty sure the rose-colored glasses set in Brand's office oversee a good deal of money from the "offenders", while at the same time extolling their own "virtues".

Has anybody at the NC$$ actually read the definiton of "hypocrisy"? :D

Has anybody at the NC$$ actually read the definiton of "hypocrisy"? :D

Hypocrisy? NCAA? Thanks to that fine organization, millions of people around the country were able to see the non-hostile and non-abusive imagery of the Florida State Seminoles on prime-time national television in a championship football game.

A_1_1Ahelmet__0806.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Who's that dead president in the lower right corner of the NCAA's new centennial book In the Arena?

541.jpg

I believe it's the person who was once quoted as saying: "I suppose I should be ashamed to say that I take the Western view of the Indian. I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth."

How extremely insensitive of the NCAA! Where's the outrage from our resident activists?

Who's that dead president in the lower right corner of the NCAA's new centennial book In the Arena?

541.jpg

I believe it's the person who was once quoted as saying: "I suppose I should be ashamed to say that I take the Western view of the Indian. I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth."

How extremely insensitive of the NCAA! Where's the outrage from our resident activists?

...in detention. :p

• 2 weeks later...

More than a month after I sent the letter below, I received this response from the NCAA:

Dear Mr. Miller:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the NCAA's guidelines for use of

Native American mascots at championship events.

We recognize that there are many points of view associated with this

issue. The circumstances surrounding each institution's use of Native

American mascots and imagery is different, and the NCAA is striving to

maintain a balance between the interests of particular Native American

tribes and its responsibility to ensure an atmosphere of respect and

sensitivity for all who attend and participate in our championships.

Thank you for your comments on this important topic.

Bernard W. Franklin

Senior Vice President for Governance and Membership

NCAA

P.O. Box 6222

Indianapolis, IN 46206-6222

Phone: (317) 917-6222

Dear President Brand:

I see that you opened your

More than a month after I sent the letter below, I received this response from the NCAA:

WTF!!! There is no way that they read your letter.. Their response is clearly a cookie cutter form letter developed to send to any and all letters the NCAA did and would receive regarding the mascot and logo. This only shows how seriously they view the issue. Hypocrites!! :lol:

WTF!!! There is no way that they read your letter.. Their response is clearly a cookie cutter form letter developed to send to any and all letters the NCAA did and would receive regarding the mascot and logo.

Gosh, are you sure? I'm positive that it took Bernie a whole month to compose a special e-mail just to me. :lol:

Gosh, are you sure? I'm positive that it took Bernie a whole month to compose a special e-mail just to me. :lol:

Actually, I was thinking it took all this time because Bernie was begging Brand to let him email you a two word phrase with the first word being an obscenity rhyming with duck and the second word being the opposite of on. :huh:

Unfortunately, request denied.

Actually, I was thinking it took all this time because Bernie was begging Brand to let him email you a two word phrase with the first word being an obscenity rhyming with duck and the second word being the opposite of on. ;)

Unfortunately, request denied.

Are you sure? I read those exact two words in the response. :lol:

• 3 months later...
Most excellent PCM!!

I've never been able to reconcile the NCAA's condemnation of the Sioux nickname for being hostile and abusive with their willingness to collect the $$$ for the sale of the merchandise branded with the Sioux logo. Apparently they're quite comfortable with the hypocrisy.

P you have to make more people aware of this

They need to realize that it is just a minority of Radicals that have always & will always hate us

I wish the entire membership of tribes could vote on this & make the results known - If a majority voted against us ? I'd say it's time to change - But I truely believe most are Proud of our use of the name & logo

These Rebels are the truely Hostiles & Abusives & it is a shame if they can cynically perceiver

• 3 weeks later...

I keep reading it over and over and all I get out of the letter the NC$$ sent you PCM was.

Something out of South Park. ;)

Scr... you guys we are the NC$$ and what we say is gospel.. :lol: