SiouxSports.com Forum

CRIPPLED GOPHERS (vs) MIGHTY SIOUX!

01grad

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, this was funny. And a great way to start off this particular day I might add.

Sportcenter this morning. Kudos to Thomas Vanek for making #9 on the top ten plays. The great hidden treasure was the following:

John Buccigros, "#9. U2's in Buffalo Thursday night. Thomas Vanek former Minnesota Gopher..."

John Anderson, "Dirty Gophers."

I couldn't believe my ears. I saw this at 4:50, then watched it again at 5:50 and 6:50 just to make sure I heard correctly.

YEP! DIRTY GOPHERS! :):):D;);)

Alright, this was funny. And a great way to start off this particular day I might add.

Sportcenter this morning. Kudos to Thomas Vanek for making #9 on the top ten plays. The great hidden treasure was the following:

John Buccigros, "#9. U2's in Buffalo Thursday night. Thomas Vanek former Minnesota Gopher..."

John Anderson, "Dirty Gophers."

I couldn't believe my ears. I saw this at 4:50, then watched it again at 5:50 and 6:50 just to make sure I heard correctly.

YEP! DIRTY GOPHERS! :):):D;);)

That is so cool, I tuned in after reading your post.

Fox 9 had a teaser on the news this morning. They said they've received a lot of feedback on their gopher-hockey-player-underage-in-the-bar story. They said some was positive and much that said it was no big deal. Then they said "what would you think if you knew not only players, but gopher hockey recruits were in the bar getting drunk? Watch Tuesday at 9pm for more....."

It gets thicker.

It isn't. I think Bacardio's been hanging around Gopher fans too long. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence PCM ;):D

PCM, you, if anyone, would know this answer... When they canned the last manager of the REA, did the position get opened to the public, or did they have the position filled before firing the last jerk? My father wanted to apply for the job, but we never did see that it was open

I haven't heard much talk about what kind of signs the students and others are going to be waving this weekend. I sure hope there's going to be a plethera of them.

Let's not forget the drinkers on the Gophers team, especially the every wonderful Phil Kessel. Let's not forget all the crap Bochenski took from opposing teams. In fact he still is getting crap from Poopy and Doopy.

How about a sign that says

Don't drink and skate

And I always love the Gopher Kiss Cam when two or more gophers are in the box, which I'm sure will happen.

I never get on the big screen where I sit or I would make a sign.

wooger giving us the nod? Sounds like a little sandbagging to me.

I missed most of Woog's appearance, but he said Stafford is a big leader for the Sioux on the ice. His 11 goals are scored on PK, PP, even strength. Likes the talent on the Sioux D even though they are young, their talent means they can play better than typical freshmen D.

Potulny has a bunch of goals but most scored on PP. Gophers are still trying to figure out who should be their top 6 D. Some guys who are about 3-4 should really be about 7th.

Said Parise is better than any goalie Lucia can put on the ice. Sioux D is better, and the offense, based on coming off a 14 goal weekend with no PP goals should be considered better than the gophers who scored 2 of 3 last weekend with the man advantage.

So, this evening I'm up at our base exchange here at lovely Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, doing some shopping and since it's Sioux/Gopher week, I got on the Sioux gear. I'm standing in the T-shirt isle visiting with a co-worker and from the corner of my eye I see something bright. I turn to see this kid rounding the corner in a retnal burning blaze yellow Gopher Hockey shirt! He sees me and gives me a throat slash! Little punk. I returned his acknowledgement with a single finger salute and he leaves the building. I turned back to my co-worker and she asks what that was about, I said Sioux/Gopher week, it's a hockey thing. She was still confused but shook her head like she understood.

Damn Gophers are everywhere!

For those not at the games or at a satelite party, please post often. Just like football, streaming audio and video is blocked here and your posts are the only way I can keep up with the game. I'm hitting the rack now because I have to get up at 4 AM to follow the game through your posts.

Go Sioux!

I can't tell you how much I am pumped for the game tonight. There are a bunch of Gopher fans coming over because those are the only kinds of fans down here. I have my "We Are The Champions" ringtone ready to go though.

It's going to be an intense weekend. I don't think you can say the Sioux will easily sweep this weekend just because they are a better team. Records and statistics have to be thrown away when these teams meet. I just hope the Sioux can play 6 hard periods and put the puck in the net. I'm not worried about Parise; he's solid.

So, this evening I'm up at our base exchange here at lovely Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, doing some shopping and since it's Sioux/Gopher week, I got on the Sioux gear. I'm standing in the T-shirt isle visiting with a co-worker and from the corner of my eye I see something bright. I turn to see this kid rounding the corner in a retnal burning blaze yellow Gopher Hockey shirt! He sees me and gives me a throat slash! Little punk. I returned his acknowledgement with a single finger salute and he leaves the building. I turned back to my co-worker and she asks what that was about, I said Sioux/Gopher week, it's a hockey thing. She was still confused but shook her head like she understood.

Damn Gophers are everywhere!

For those not at the games or at a satelite party, please post often. Just like football, streaming audio and video is blocked here and your posts are the only way I can keep up with the game. I'm hitting the rack now because I have to get up at 4 AM to follow the game through your posts.

Go Sioux!

This is such a great story illustrating the strong rivalry between these programs and their fans. Qatar. Who would have guessed?

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Hockey rivalery love shown in its true colors half way around the world. :D

Keep up the good work AF, and thanks