SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. MSU-Mankato

mountainman

When the World Hockey Association was formed in the early 70's, there was a team named the Miami Screaming Eagles. They never played a game in Miami due to arena problems and the franchise became the Philadelphia Blazers. From what I remember, the Minnesota Fighting Saints used to play in an arena that had clear boards. I have never seen any other arena with those.

From what I remember, the Minnesota Fighting Saints used to play in an arena that had clear boards. I have never seen any other arena with those.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, that was old St. Paul Civic Center, which was demolished to make way for the Xcel Energy Center (where the Wild play). The old Civic Center was legendary for the Minnesota state high school hockey tournament as well.

I noticed that Mankato State College didn't use the Sioux name once in their press release, yet they have an entire paragraph on how to properly use their name.  :)  We don't even need to mention JBSU as they have been pulling this stunt for years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Political correctness run amuck.

I talked to my friend's brother yesterday. He graduated from whatever you want to call this school two years ago. I asked him what he called the school he graduated from. He said Mankato. Everyone calls it Mankato except for the athletic department. For some reason they believe that they are much more important then they actually are.