SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL on OLN

bincitysioux

I'm just happy to have some games on twice a week.

That being said, I do wish they'd have a recap studio show every night of the week (your paying the guys anyways), and I'd like to see one of the nights be a east coast - west coast double header.

OLN hasn't been great so far.  The camera work is pretty bad.  I hope they improve.  I enjoy watching the HD version on INHD2, but they only have half the games on.  HDNet games are on Thursday and Saturday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hockey in HD is awesome. I have HDNet and always look forward to Thursday and Saturday games. I can't wait tell all the games will be in HD. The only bad thing is that after watching the HD games it makes all the other games on standard cable look like crap.

I'm glad to have hockey back, but OLN definitely has some room for improvement.  The studio and graphics look like something straight out of the 1970s.  Bill Clement is an analyst, not a studio host. 

The camera work has been terrible.

I agree. Hopefully they'll work those things out over time. I hope/think they'll make the adjustments over time.

I would have a thought about it if it was on cable around here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in the process of fixing that - my dish will be up on Monday... it's cheaper and I'm just tired have having to beg cable one for programming. I got the 180 channel deal for about the cost of basic cable...

Happened to watch a couple TSN telecasts on center ice. Those announcers are the best, although the game always seems to have to involve Toronto. Does CBC still do Hockey Night in Canada?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TSN has the regional rights to the Leafs games, so if you see them in CI, it will more often than not include the Leafs. They do have national games, but those seem to be feeds from other places (they had the Wild/Canucks game last night with their own announcers). Leafs have 4 TV outlets

OLN hasn't been great so far.  The camera work is pretty bad.  I hope they improve.  I enjoy watching the HD version on INHD2, but they only have half the games on.  HDNet games are on Thursday and Saturday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is what I advise for the people that have digital cable, spend the 129 and get Center Ice. They will let you make 4 payments at Midco. The coverage is awesome. TSN has some awesome broadcast. I have to say that OLN is for hunting and fishing not hockey.

I got the Center Ice package too. It will give you hockey every night through April. That is pretty nice. Tonight I watched the TB announcers rip on Vanek for diving. He had the last laugh when he sealed the shootout win. I wish CI gave us the post game shows, and I wish it had college hockey.

I got the Center Ice package too.  It will give you hockey every night through April.  That is pretty nice.  Tonight I watched the TB announcers rip on Vanek for diving.  He had the last laugh when he sealed the shootout win.  I wish CI gave us the post game shows, and I wish it had college hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vanek's diving was pathetic. He was tapped. Fine, call the cross check penalty but it didn't warrant his drama.

Haven't seen much on OLN. Give them time. Thankfully I have CenterIce. TSN broadcasts alone are worth the money.