SiouxSports.com Forum

Throwback Weekend for Northeastern series

Uncle_Rico

Just because I'm bored, a bit of trivia for all'ya'all back in my home state.

Here in Orange County, CA, the "star" is used as an old criminal tattoo to represent the fact that you had done time in OC Jails, it is often used in conjunction with spiderwebs on the elbow, which meant you had done time, period.

Now these symbols/tattoos don't have the same connotation today as they used to, but now not only are the throwback jerseys "hostile and abusive" they are using criminal symbology (sp?) as well. Wheee!!! :love:

Oh, and yes, SiouxMD is right, the Nike swoosh shouldn't be on the front, it should be on the hem like the CCM logo.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no computer whiz so it doesn't look the greatest but I have always wanted to see an alternate jersey like this:

FlameJersey.jpg

I am one fan who would like to see the UND flame logo incorporated more into the sports programs. I am not a huge fan of the "Notre Dame'ish" ND on jerseys.

I am no computer whiz so it doesn't look the greatest but I have always wanted to see an alternate jersey like this:

FlameJersey.jpg

I am one fan who would like to see the UND flame logo incorporated more into the sports programs. I am not a huge fan of the "Notre Dame'ish" ND on jerseys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No thanks, I hate the flame logo. I think that it should stay separate from the athletic teams.

The only place I like the flame logo is in my alumni ring.  For some reason I think it looks cool there.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've always though of the flame logo as being representative of academic acheivements and the Fighting Sioux logo representing athletic achievements.

Getting close to game time!!!!

In other WCHA action, Minnesota is already behind 1-0 to UAF. Only 3 minutes into the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quote of the night from goofer announcers: If alaska is able to hold the gophers without a couple goals in the first five minutes they should consider that a victory, well at least for a quarter of a period. One minute later 1-0 alaska. :love: