SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

exile may be able to answer this but what happened to Bryce Ravndalen a ex-warroad player with fargo as i see hes now playing in the nahl? im guessing he didnt cut it for dean in fargo. is he signed with scsu or do you think they will pull the offer? seems like a backwards move for him before going to college.

If I hadn't checked in about the Dell commitment I probably never would have noticed this post! Yes, Blais cut Ravndalen. Yes, Bryce has signed an LOI. Of course, that doesn't keep a college from recinding the scholarship. I really don't think his scholarship will be yanked though. I think Ravndalen will likely end up in the USHL next season as an overager, then on to the Huskies in 2010. There's still a chance he'll prove moderately productive in the long run, but it's looking like this may have been a gamble that didn't pan out.

As for recruits that the Sioux and the Huskies could be fighting over, I think Olsen could be a target for both, though I don't have any info on that. From Roseau, Knochenmus is probably a better prospect than Landman was. From Warroad, Hebel is the one to keep an eye on. I don't think there's anybody in St. Cloud's back yard that the Sioux would want to snipe, but Useldinger from EGF is a player I'm going to watch. The Gophers have probably given up on a few metro players that could potentially fit in at SCSU or UND (Faust from Bloomington-Jefferson, Prochno from Minnetonka, Palmquist from South St. Paul, Horgan from Mound Westonka, Reilly from Holy Angels, and Schmitz from Centennial are a few names that come to mind). I can't think of any players from the AJHL, BCHL, MJHL, or SJHL that are easily identifiable as targets for both UND and SCSU.

And, even though our 2009 class looks good, I'm kind of dissappointed that SCSU hasn't landed an NTDP player since Mosey. Next season, we'll have 3 Californians on the team (Eddy, Lasch, and Volpei). I really wish that was a good reason for Etem, Nieto, or Grimaldi to consider the Huskies.

If Gerbe got into BC, then they can find a way to get Morin into BU.

BC let Gerbe take the SAT's with no time limit, that's not an option for Morin. He doesn't seem the least academically inclined; I know he wouldn't make it through a semester at BU especially with the massive grade deflation or probably any tier I institution for that matter, but at least maybe he'd be talented enough to Bourque himself straight to the NHL if he loses eligibility. I really don't see how he goes the NCAA route, unless his parents are of the same mold as the Wilsons and Parises and Gilroys, but from that article it doesn't sound like it.

Forney update on the Sioux blog:

One more note -- Tonight I talked to Michael Forney, who is in Indiana this weekend for the big Green Bay-Indiana showdown for first place. These are the two best teams in the USHL. Forney, the reigning offensive player of the week, leads Green Bay in scoring with 34 points in 32 games. He also leads the USHL in plus-minus with a plus-22 rating.

Anyway, on to what you are probably wondering about: Forney said that nothing has been finalized or set in stone, but he's still planning and hoping to be in a Sioux jersey next season. For those interested in seeing him play, he'll be in Fargo next Friday and Saturday while the Sioux are off.

Interesting.

Heisenberg also updated his site and now has Forney listed as coming to North Dakota. I think this will be good as he is having a solid year in the USHL and more importantly is staying healthy.

Well that'll make things a little crowded, huh?

Good for Forney, though. The kid was snake-bitten and never got a real shot in GF. I might have to sneak a peak this weekend, although I hate the thought of patronizing the UP(yours Fargo) Center. :D

Heisenberg also updated his site and now has Forney listed as coming to North Dakota. I think this will be good as he is having a solid year in the USHL and more importantly is staying healthy.

It will be great to see a healthy and experienced Forney back in the lineup.

Well that'll make things a little crowded, huh?

I think this may leave only one forward spot open between three guys unless we bring in one more leaving us with 16 forwards meaning 4 will be in the stands each night. Also, would there be room for Olsen if he decided to come this way? I would suspect we would make room possibly having 8 D next year.

Duncan-Kristo

Miller-Cichy

Martens-Bruneteau

Kozek-Forney

Watkins-Mattson,Knight or Rowney

Finley-MacWilliam

Jones-Gleason

Walsky-Dell

I think this may leave only one forward spot open between three guys unless we bring in one more leaving us with 16 forwards meaning 4 will be in the stands each night. Also, would there be room for Olsen if he decided to come this way? I would suspect we would make room possibly having 8 D next year.

Duncan-Kristo

Miller-Cichy

Martens-Bruneteau

Kozek-Forney

Watkins-Mattson,Knight or Rowney

Finley-MacWilliam

Jones-Gleason

Walsky-Dell

As much as I would love to see Danny Mattson here next year a year in juniors might be best for him and I believe Rowney and Knight might be able to be pushed back to 2010. There will not be four forwards in the stands next year.

As much as I would love to see Danny Mattson here next year a year in juniors might be best for him and I believe Rowney and Knight might be able to be pushed back to 2010. There will not be four forwards in the stands next year.

If we need new 5 forwards next year, Mattson will come before Rowney/Knight, IMO.

If Mattson does come in, he WILL struggle. Straight from high school players struggle their freshman seasons in the WCHA... period. Still though, he can contribute somewhat, and it lets other high end prospects know that they won't be forced to play a year of juniors with the Sioux... that's an important recruiting tool.

Here's who I show as SFHS (straight from high school) next season...

Mattson - Sioux (maybe)

Hanowski - SCSU

Oliver - SCSU (maybe)

DeLisle - Duloot

Tardy - Duloot

Pitlick - Mankato

Budish - goofers (maybe)

Leddy - goofers

If Mattson does come in, he WILL struggle. Straight from high school players struggle their freshman seasons in the WCHA... period. Still though, he can contribute somewhat, and it lets other high end prospects know that they won't be forced to play a year of juniors with the Sioux... that's an important recruiting tool.

Here's who I show as SFHS (straight from high school) next season...

Mattson - Sioux (maybe)

Hanowski - SCSU

Oliver - SCSU (maybe)

DeLisle - Duloot

Tardy - Duloot

Pitlick - Mankato

Budish - goofers (maybe)

Leddy - goofers

I agree he will struggle the games a different speed then it is in high school and a year in juniors could help him add to his frame to. I don't think he'll be a four year player for UND but I'd like to get his full ability for the amount of time he is here and I think a year in juniors would help him out a lot. AZSIOUX i'll also agree with Knight coming in.

I agree he will struggle the games a different speed then it is in high school and a year in juniors could help him add to his frame to. I don't think he'll be a four year player for UND but I'd like to get his full ability for the amount of time he is here and I think a year in juniors would help him out a lot. AZSIOUX i'll also agree with Knight coming in.

yeah i have been on the fence with mattson or knight but a buddy of mine also thinks it will be knight as of now. just hunches. either way mattson will be a hell of a player and the coaches will bring who they think will be ready to produce right away being mattson or knight

yeah i have been on the fence with mattson or knight but a buddy of mine also thinks it will be knight as of now. just hunches. either way mattson will be a hell of a player and the coaches will bring who they think will be ready to produce right away being mattson or knight

Mattson will get drafted, likely >100. Knight probably not. That's a big leap in evaluation.

It's probably moot anyway - we probably have 1 too many F this year anyway and will probably only bring in 4.

If Vande leaves we will need a a 5th.

Mattson will get drafted, likely >100. Knight probably not. That's a big leap in evaluation.

It's probably moot anyway - we probably have 1 too many F this year anyway and will probably only bring in 4.

If Vande leaves we will need a a 5th.

with forney sounding like hes coming back i would like to see just 2 extra forwards instead of 3 but who knows what hak will do. the draft status isnt gona make the decision on who comes in unless you are a 1st round pick usually.maybe both play juniors as well as rowney and the 3 come in the next year. will be interesting to see what hak does