SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

yeah he has stepped it up this year for sure. im assuming this is his last year in the bchl? think we are full at forward for next year unless someone leaves that we dont expect and that can always happen. or would he be available as an 09 if anyone knows if hes even on the radar??

well he's an 88 so i think this would be his last year in the league i'd be sweet to get him though i think our class for next year though does look amazing the way it is and i dont think anyone slated to come in next year would get bumped back.

well he's an 88 so i think this would be his last year in the league i'd be sweet to get him though i think our class for next year though does look amazing the way it is and i dont think anyone slated to come in next year would get bumped back.

thanks, it would just be if we had an unexpected departure if he is good enough

It has been mentioned that Kelly would love to come to UND, so I hope he chooses to do so as a walk on, if nothing else. There clearly isn't room in 2008, but if he stuck with it similar to what Martens did, he could eventually find his way into the lineup.

Thats good because now they have less room for Nick Mattson.

who will get the 3rd mattson?

we have danny mattson and the gophs have taylor matson

lets break the tie and get the 3rd :ohmy:

and no THEY ARENT RELATED , just making a point

Sioux need more defensmen, here are some reasonable possibilities for the next few years.

Corbin McPherson - D - Cowichan Valley (BCHL)

Andrew MacWilliam - D - Camrose (AJHL)

Matt Bruneteau - D - Shattuck St. Mary's (MN HS)

Nick Mattson - D - Chaska (MN HS)

Nate Schmidt - D - St. Cloud Cathedral (MN HS)

Nick Bruneteau - D - Shattuck St. Mary's (MN HS)

Sioux need more defensmen, here are some reasonable possibilities for the next few years.

Corbin McPherson - D - Cowichan Valley (BCHL)

Andrew MacWilliam - D - Camrose (AJHL)

Nick Mattson - D - Chaska (MN HS)

Nate Schmidt - D - St. Cloud Cathedral (MN HS)

Hughes (shattuck) Montgomery (shattuck) both 09's

i also noticed that there is a player named Anthony Greco on shattucks Bantam Tier 1 team the one Nick Bruneteau plays for who is 5'3 105. It would be weird to have an Anthony Greico and an Anthony Greco.

Well they were on the same Bantam Team last year

I don't follow recruits that much but these two names seen awfully familier.

Are they related to another kid that has committed to the Sioux?

It has been mentioned that Kelly would love to come to UND, so I hope he chooses to do so as a walk on, if nothing else. There clearly isn't room in 2008, but if he stuck with it similar to what Martens did, he could eventually find his way into the lineup.

In watching Pighin and Zajac last weekend and seeing the stats from their game last nite, it would be AWESOME if these 2 are future Sioux!!! Same line and lighting it up in Salmon Arm!

*nice to see Kozak playing like I thought it could! YES!

GO PACK...GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!!!!!!

In watching Pighin and Zajac last weekend and seeing the stats from their game last nite, it would be AWESOME if these 2 are future Sioux!!! Same line and lighting it up in Salmon Arm!

*nice to see Kozak playing like I thought it could! YES!

GO PACK...GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!!!!!!

what type of player is Pighin? wow hes leads the team in scoring by a point over derek lee. impressive!

what type of player is Pighin? wow hes leads the team in scoring by a point over derek lee. impressive!

I would compare him to Bozak who went to DU this year. He is an older player with good but not world class size / skating / shot playing in the BCHL. It is a little hard to gage how good he really is because he plays with Lee who makes that whole line so damn good. He is not nearly the player Lee is.

I would compare him to Bozak who went to DU this year. He is an older player with good but not world class size / skating / shot playing in the BCHL. It is a little hard to gage how good he really is because he plays with Lee who makes that whole line so damn good. He is not nearly the player Lee is.

sounds lke he may be a nice college player if he goes that route

I was recently informed about a big recruiting visit on Saturday. I won't comment on who it is, but he has been on many teams radar for awhile and would be a big pickup.

thanks for the info, very insightful :ohmy: hopefully a big, strong, mean defenseman. i think matt greene has another year of eligibility, maybe we can talk him into another year once he comes back from his broken ankle :lol:

I was recently informed about a big recruiting visit on Saturday. I won't comment on who it is, but he has been on many teams radar for awhile and would be a big pickup.

So, which 14 year old is visiting this weekend? :ohmy: USA- you've always got the goods. nice to meet you last weekend in MI.

just looking at defense for the next year heres what i see from chris's recruiting site

RECRUIT PAGE

so feinhage is a 09

gleason can be a 08 or 09??

that leaves next year with jones,marto,lapoint and genoway. blood comes in and that leaves probably 2 spots open for a 6 and 7 spot?? having 5 in the mix for sure with gleason a ? for 08

saying we lose bina, chorney, finley

thanks to anyone who can help me out