SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

hes on scholarship? how can und have so many scholarships? i just cant think of more than a couple of guys that would not be on scholarship. btw, i am fairly certain that wcha schools can give 18 full rides, but still...

I think I heard once that few, if any, of the players are on full scholarship and they try to split up the scholarships so that as many players can get at least some money... that might help explain some of it...

Davidson Profile

It appears that he's from the same town as Chay

They have the maximum amount of money for 18 full scholarships and they split it up unevenly between all the players. Some are getting more than others, but every player is getting a little amount. Some may be on 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, etc. but no matter what the amount comes out to be what the equivalent of 18 full scholarships is.

I thought Morden sounded familiar, so I looked it up on hockeydb. Davidson is from the same place as Colby Genoway though not Chay. :)

Sorry... I didn't go as official as hockeydb, I just went to facebook....

I think I heard once that few, if any, of the players are on full scholarship and they try to split up the scholarships so that as many players can get at least some money... that might help explain some of it...

Davidson Profile

It appears that he's from the same town as Chay

It lists him in the profile as a left handed right wing foward, I believe that is what Fabian was. Since they are both big fowards, that could be the spot that he is being brought in to fill.

It lists him in the profile as a left handed right wing foward, I believe that is what Fabian was. Since they are both big fowards, that could be the spot that he is being brought in to fill.

Nice pickup but we have a logjam at forward...so we pick this guy up? Makes no sense to me except maybe he's another Foyt type guy who is happy to be a team player, plays hard when called upon to play, but spends most of his Sioux career in a suit.

By the way, UW got a commitment from Gardiner per Heisenberg.

Nice pickup but we have a logjam at forward...so we pick this guy up? Makes no sense to me except maybe he's another Foyt type guy who is happy to be a team player, plays hard when called upon to play, but spends most of his Sioux career in a suit.

By the way, UW got a commitment from Gardiner per Heisenberg.

I believe I posted about Gardiner the other day, he did take a recruiting visit here. Lets wait and see about Davidson. There's a difference when a player commits three years down the road compared to three months before the season. Typically when a player is brought in this late it is because he is brought in to fill a certain spot at foward. I believe Bishop committed close to this time last year and it was to fill another depth spot.

I believe I posted about Gardiner the other day, he did take a recruiting visit here. Lets wait and see about Davidson. There's a difference when a player commits three years down the road compared to three months before the season. Typically when a player is brought in this late it is because he is brought in to fill a certain spot at foward. I believe Bishop committed close to this time last year and it was to fill another depth spot.

maybe forneys recovery isnt going as thought? just a random thought...who knows as its a few months from october

Maybe not, the kid has like 79 points in 59 games means he does have a offensive touch, he is a little older and could make an impact.

I am sure he will get a chance to compete for a spot. You never know he could be a diamond in the rough. If you look at big forwards from

Manitoba we have had some good luck. Goren, Genoway,...

Maybe not, the kid has like 79 points in 59 games means he does have a offensive touch, he is a little older and could make an impact.

I am sure he will get a chance to compete for a spot. You never know he could be a diamond in the rough. If you look at big forwards from

He looks like a possible Fabian type player. It never hurts to have a big power forward on a third or fourth line. Like Goon said, he may have a big upside and become a Goren type player. Even if he doesn't the Sioux need a good checking forward with the loss of Fabian. Plus look at the kids former team:

Neepawa_Natives.GIF

He will fit right in.

He looks like a possible Fabian type player. It never hurts to have a big power forward on a third or fourth line. Like Goon said, he may have a big upside and become a Goren type player. Even if he doesn't the Sioux need a good checking forward with the loss of Fabian. Plus look at the kids former team:

Neepawa_Natives.GIF

He will fit right in.

From one Hostile and abusive mascot to another. My only question would be who is not coming back for the Sioux?

Martens didn't fare too poorly in the BCHL and yet he doesn't play that much.

I don't really put much weight into the MJHL as far as offensive numbers.

As for who does he replace? My money is that Davidson's arrival means the certainty that Hamilton is no longer with the team.

I still feel bad for Shea. He picked the wrong team to transfer to. He should have transferred to Duluth or BSU if he wanted to be closer to home AND play.

Martens didn't fare too poorly in the BCHL and yet he doesn't play that much.

I don't really put much weight into the MJHL as far as offensive numbers.

As for who does he replace? My money is that Davidson's arrival means the certainty that Hamilton is no longer with the team.

I still feel bad for Shea. He picked the wrong team to transfer to. He should have transferred to Duluth or BSU if he wanted to be closer to home AND play.

do you know the reason he wont be at und or are you just speculating? just wondering as there can be many reasons why hes not sticking around, not only because of playing time..

do you know the reason he wont be at und or are you just speculating? just wondering as there can be many reasons why hes not sticking around, not only because of playing time..

wouldn't put too much weight on RW speculations :)

He is off the team. I've heard some things as to why, but am not sure how true they are.

How I understood the situation is that he was dismissed from the team because the coaches didn't get the type of player they were looking from him.

How I understood the situation is that he was dismissed from the team because the coaches didn't get the type of player they were looking from him.

sounds like a good reason to me, some work out, some dont.............im sure they may be a little more to this but we move on....

Hmmmm...

12/17/1986

May I be the first to say:

We may have another 25 y/o Canadian. :silly:

Here's to you Doug Woog... :silly:

Not to mention the Gophers had the 25 year old kid from Southern Minnesota, that played Goal.