SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Did you miss the part about the two way contract?

No...I didn't miss that part. Every first year player has to sign a two way contract. Sidney Crosby signed a 2 way contract. Pat Kane signed a two way contract. How that is relevant to your argument I have no idea.

No team wants to take an 18 year old and stick them in the AHL. NO TEAM. Any team out there would rather have a kid playing college hockey than being 18 in the AHL. It simply does not happen, and I don't see it happening any time soon. Once in a while, you will get a kid like Turris who was pulled out of college WAY to early and is way too over his head in the NHL sent down half way through the season, but there is no way they would pull him out of college specifically to play in the AHL. If they were that disappointed in his development, maybe...but even then they would probably convince him to sign with the CHL team that owns his rights.

A few more...

19. Garrett Sparks - Team Illinois

20. John Gibson - Pittsburgh

21. Nicholas Kulmanovsky

22. Michael Paliotta - Choate Prep

23. Andrew Ryan - Victory Honda

24. Colin Sullentrop - Compuware

25. Alex Lepokowski - Buffalo Saints

26. Jordan Schmaltz - Mission

27. Kyle Sucher - St Louis Selects

28. Colin Sullivan - CI Wolves

29. Jacob McDonald - Compuware

...only missing about 11 now.

Any news on Jeremy Morin? I know he was looking at UND, DU, and BU, and possibly Kitchner, any updates anyones heard? If he did commit to us, we wouldnt have room, would Hak just let a walk on go (ex. davidson)

This is probably old news, but I found this article pretty interesting on how hard OHL and the Rangers are working on getting Morin....So there still is a possibility that he plays for UND? With Morin coming for the U18 world juniors in Fargo, hopefully Hak and Co will get him up to the Englestad!!!

http://news.therecord.com/article/468501

Any news on Jeremy Morin? I know he was looking at UND, DU, and BU, and possibly Kitchner, any updates anyones heard? If he did commit to us, we wouldnt have room, would Hak just let a walk on go (ex. davidson)

morin has had major juniors written all over him since day 1 but a slim chance of ncaa because of his family ties to a couple different universities. there has been mentions of academic struggles as well.

he isnt coming to und, there is always ways to make room for any player if need be but he isnt coming here

morin has had major juniors written all over him since day 1. there has been mentions of academic struggles as well.

he isnt coming to und, there is always ways to make room for any player if need be but he isnt coming here

That is the memo that I got.

morin has had major juniors written all over him since day 1 but a slim chance of ncaa because of his family ties to a couple different universities. there has been mentions of academic struggles as well.

Not sure you can say that so definitively. Who thought Dylan Olsen would commit to UMD?

Not sure you can say that so definitively. Who thought Dylan Olsen would commit to UMD?

ive heard he isnt. thats all im going with. umd had been on olsen late and also they have been recruiting AJHLers for a while now getting top tier AJHLers at that. i would love to have morin at und, hes a friken stud player but have had a few sources say its not happening. i think hes been a major junior guy all along form the get go from rumblings on a few boards and reading articles. i would love to be 100% wrong though :lol:

ps.......your dvds you won are on the way!

i think hes been a major junior guy all along form the get go from rumblings on a few boards and reading articles. i would love to be 100% wrong though :lol:

fixed your post :angry:

ive heard he isnt. thats all im going with. umd had been on olsen late and also they have been recruiting AJHLers for a while now getting top tier AJHLers at that. i would love to have morin at und, hes a friken stud player but have had a few sources say its not happening. i think hes been a mojor junior guy all along form the get go from rumblings on a few boards and reading articles. i would love to be 100% wrong though :lol:

When they played BSU last weekend, he sure didn't stand out. None of them did, really. Maybe Shore, the DU recruit, as well as Fowler (Notre Dame?). BSU took it to them on Saturday pretty good. I would guess Team USA might be picking up a certain Fargo Force goalie for the World U-18's.

When they played BSU last weekend, he sure didn't stand out. None of them did, really. Maybe Shore, the DU recruit, as well as Fowler (Notre Dame?). BSU took it to them on Saturday pretty good. I would guess Team USA might be picking up a certain Fargo Force goalie for the World U-18's.

Any chance he is from Roseau

Any chance he is from Roseau

No, Cody Campbell isn't from Roseau. :lol:

Seriously, Mike Lee isn't eligible. The tournament is for 1991 birthyears, Lee is a late 90. I suspect they'll pick up Nick Leddy though, and maybe Patrick Wey. I can't think of any fowards they'd want to add outside of Chris Kreider, unless they sniped a '92 like Nieto or Saad.

Fowler was a Notre Dame recruit and has since decommitted, and is going to the "OHL Windsor's"

http://www.freep.com/article/20090224/SPOR...s+OHL+s+Windsor

Not that I'm not happy Notre Dame lost a good recruit, but it sounds kinda like the same move that Garrett Clark pulled on us. I guess not to that extreme. I don't know though, Kitchener gave up there rights on him after they thought he wasn't going to the OHL.

No, Cody Campbell isn't from Roseau. :lol:

Seriously, Mike Lee isn't eligible. The tournament is for 1991 birthyears, Lee is a late 90. I suspect they'll pick up Nick Leddy though, and maybe Patrick Wey. I can't think of any fowards they'd want to add outside of Chris Kreider, unless they sniped a '92 like Nieto or Saad.

Ooops my math is a little off. :angry:

ive heard he isnt. thats all im going with. umd had been on olsen late and also they have been recruiting AJHLers for a while now getting top tier AJHLers at that. i would love to have morin at und, hes a friken stud player but have had a few sources say its not happening. i think hes been a major junior guy all along form the get go from rumblings on a few boards and reading articles. i would love to be 100% wrong though :lol:

I thought that Olsen said that Duluth was on him early.

I was only at the Friday game, but agree that not many stood out. Fowler did jump out at me given his age and size, and he's pretty smooth. ND has some other kid on the team that I thought looked good too. And of course, Mattson stuck out because I watched for him all night...lol.

I was only at the Friday game, but agree that not many stood out. Fowler did jump out at me given his age and size, and he's pretty smooth. ND has some other kid on the team that I thought looked good too. And of course, Mattson stuck out because I watched for him all night...lol.

So we had three scouts there . . . :lol: I thought they would give the Beavs a little more of a challenge, especially on Saturday. No one stuck out for me either. There were five "real" scouts there over the weekend.