SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Very nice pickup for the Gophers, he will add some much needed grit and determination. I would have like to see him in Green, but we do have an embarrassment of riches. My prediction is that the Sioux pick up 1 more Blue Chip Defenseman and a goalie for 08, a Blue Chip Forward for 09, and then the 10 class will start to take shape. One of these days I need to do some serious wiki updating...

maybe get macwilliam for defense but dont count on them getting a goalie for 08, not much out there and may be a some nice 09's they may look at.

I know this is going to stir the pot with people, but does anyone know if UND is looking at any of the GF Red River boys, or any ND boys in general? I know people assume its the hometown reasoning, but Red River took Roseau to overtime yesterday, which to me would indicate some serious talent on that team. Looks like the goaltender, a few forwards and at least one D-man would have DI potential.

I know this is going to stir the pot with people, but does anyone know if UND is looking at any of the GF Red River boys, or any ND boys in general? I know people assume its the hometown reasoning, but Red River took Roseau to overtime yesterday, which to me would indicate some serious talent on that team. Looks like the goaltender, a few forwards and at least one D-man would have DI potential.

it shouldnt stir any pot. you are simply asking if any local players are on the sioux future list. now if you started it by saying we need local talent no matter how good they are compared to our other recruits we bring in then you would have some nice responses :D i ask the same as well a few times a year as i have no idea on northern kids and peope here know. i don t care where the players comes from as we know it will be good. maybe some potential 2010 kids in local area. maybe landman and nelson and anorther forward i think with roseau as wait and see players and isnt hebel from warroad pretty good? i have no clue on g forks kids though.

it shouldnt stir any pot. you are simply asking if any local players are on the sioux future list. now if you started it by saying we need local talent no matter how good they are compared to our other recruits we bring in then you would have some nice responses :D i ask the same as well a few times a year as i have no idea on northern kids and peope here know. i don t care where the players comes from as we know it will be good. maybe some potential 2010 kids in local area. maybe landman and nelson and anorther forward i think with roseau as wait and see players and isnt hebel from warroad pretty good? i have no clue on g forks kids though.

Area players to watch would be maybe Eric Meland and Ryan Ladoucer..Meland has i believe an offer from Harvard and Connecticut as well as another ivy league school. he got a very high act score so he has attracted a lot of ivy league interest he wants to play in the wcha though. Ladoucer is a very good player who was contacted by the penguins after selects this past summer...just passing on what ive heard.Alex Simonson is another possibility as he is a good strong player

is the other rr defenceman not getting any offers? i thought both ladeucer and galbreath (sp?) were potential d1 guys with a year or two more experience, possible some ushl seasoning? im not sold on the goalie as d1 material, but i don't see them play too often. meland has some skills. i would hope he wouldn't rule out the ivy league, get the best of both worlds... top education and d1 hockey, but i understand the lure of the wcha (even with our officials :D ) the rehak kid out of williston might be the most physical defencemen in the state and a smooth skater, i believe he is planning on ushl next season. other than that, i don't know much about possible nd college players.

I know that UND is keeping an eye on Meland and is very interested in LaDouceur. Meland has gotten interest from Connecticut as well as Princeton. Harvard hasnt shown interest as of yet from what I heard. I don't know who else has shown interest in LaDouceur.

Wow, wonder what the story is with this guy? That's a lot of games in the WHL. And now he's playing down a level? USHL must not prohibit a pro signee playing. Weird.

He is a 20 year old and there is a limit on "overage" players in MJ's so that may have played a part in it. As far as the USHL prohibiting MJ players, they don't. Last year Lincoln had a forward that had played MJ's.

He is a 20 year old and there is a limit on "overage" players in MJ's so that may have played a part in it. As far as the USHL prohibiting MJ players, they don't. Last year Lincoln had a forward that had played MJ's.

huh. Thanks for the info. It seems odd to me that the USHL lets MJs in.

Are there still mechanisms through which a player with limited MJ playing time can regain their NCAA eligibility. For some reason I recall Colby Genoway lost a year at UND because of an MJ thing. Help?

huh. Thanks for the info. It seems odd to me that the USHL lets MJs in.

Are there still mechanisms through which a player with limited MJ playing time can regain their NCAA eligibility. For some reason I recall Colby Genoway lost a year at UND because of an MJ thing. Help?

Here is what I found. What You Need To Know About College Hockey Recruiting

Students who have played in Canadian Junior Leagues before their regular high school graduation year will lose one year of NCAA eligibility each year. Players who competed in major junior after their regular high school graduation year will lose a year of their college hockey eligibility, plus must sit out one season in residence per year.

Thanks. Was that why Colby only had three years of eligibility?

Yeah, if I'm reading that correctly, if someone played a year of MJ's in Canada they would lose 1 year of eligibilty and have to sit out 1 year...so the first year they come they sit out and then have 3 years left instead of the normal 4 years.

He's on pace for like 300+ penalty minutes. That's impressive! :D

i know ;) everytime i look for chichy and mario stats its flooded with game misconducts, fights, slashes ect.... :huh: he would have been the biggest enforcer in sioux history if would have came here but probably would have been booted from the wcha after his first season ;) maybe it was a good choice for him to play at red deer;)

i know ;) everytime i look for chichy and mario stats its flooded with game misconducts, fights, slashes ect.... :huh: he would have been the biggest enforcer in sioux history if would have came here but probably would have been booted from the wcha after his first season ;)maybe it was a good choice for him to play at red deer;)

I have no idea how he played before going to Red Deer, however he may have learned to play this way in Red Deer.

now that budish is done, is there any new news on Landman?

i think he may be a player that the sioux are waiting to see how he develops over the next year. maybe nelson as well from roseau

anyone have info on hebel from warroad and what type of player he is? thanks

and im sure there are many more out there they are looking at every week