SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Pretty amazing how well the Gophers do in this senario. Probably not what RH intended when the idea first came to him.

Who's RH?

I mostly left Bucky out of the scenario, but in case you wanted to know, they'd have to trade Gardiner, Crandell, Barnes, and Pryor for Condon and Lofquist.

What I've figured out is that bucky and susie do a much better job sniping out of the metro than St. Cloud does. I think the elite metro kids get stuck on that "hockey powerhouse" idea more than the outstaters do, though I can't complain about the job Motzko's been able to do with the hand he's been dealt. It's the same hand as the bullfrogs and the landcows, but Bob's just played it better. ;)

His last name is only different if you can't spell. ;)

Cam Lamoureux's father's name is Roger. (I don't believe Roger and Pierre are related. Help?)

Roger played for UND and on the Canadian National Team.

Cam is good, but I don't think there will be room given his age. His younger brother Greg is a must have, though, I have heard. Andrew MacWilliam, who some troll on here was slamming is now projected to be a 2nd round NHLer. I still think the Sioux get 1 more D for next year. Lastly Ness is an awesome recruit and somebody the Gopher fans are going to love. He was built for Minnesota's ice. Missing him was unfortunate, almost as much as losing Colin Wilson right out of our back yard to BU (he is projected to go 9th overall in the next draft).

Cam is good, but I don't think there will be room given his age. His younger brother Greg is a must have, though, I have heard. Andrew MacWilliam, who some troll on here was slamming is now projected to be a 2nd round NHLer. I still think the Sioux get 1 more D for next year. Lastly Ness is an awesome recruit and somebody the Gopher fans are going to love. He was built for Minnesota's ice. Missing him was unfortunate, almost as much as losing Colin Wilson right out of our back yard to BU (he is projected to go 9th overall in the next draft).

so nami, add 1 more D to these below then?

we will have

jones

genoway

marto

lapoint

blood

gleason??

so nami, add 1 more D to these below then?

we will have

jones

genoway

marto

lapoint

blood

gleason??

Don't for get we have Fienhage who might go in the 1st or 2nd as well. As good as Gleason looks, I can't help but wonder if he doesn't play USHL 1 year. Even if not, 8 defenders is not unheard of, especially when you have some prime candidates for WJT.

Agreed regarding the talent of Ness, but I'm not sure that the Sioux "missed" on him. They recruited him hard, he just chose Minnesota. Whether that is based upon the larger ice sheet and style of play, his father steering him toward Minnesota, or some other reason is unknown.

Agreed regarding the talent of Ness, but I'm not sure that the Sioux "missed" on him. They recruited him hard, he just chose Minnesota. Whether that is based upon the larger ice sheet and style of play, his father steering him toward Minnesota, or some other reason is unknown.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that we missed. I also meant we missed out. I also believe we really tried for Colin, just missed out.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that we missed. I also meant we missed out. I also believe we really tried for Colin, just missed out.

I thought that is what you meant, but I was told by Roseau people that the Sioux recruited Ness hard. On the other hand, I was told that the goalie going to St. Cloud was not offered anything by UND even though he wanted to go there. I don't know if the Sioux had interest in him or should have, but he seems pretty good.

I thought that is what you meant, but I was told by Roseau people that the Sioux recruited Ness hard. On the other hand, I was told that the goalie going to St. Cloud was not offered anything by UND even though he wanted to go there. I don't know if the Sioux had interest in him or should have, but he seems pretty good.

That is a shame because he is a really good goalie and I like the fact that he is a bigger goalie.

For as good of a goalie as Mike Lee is, if you were him would you want to come to a place that is scheduled to have a legit and solid goalie already(Eidsness) where only 1 year separates the 2 guys? Or would you like to go to SCSU where one goalie(Weslosky) will be a senior and the other(Dunn) will be a junior?

It seems like a pretty simple decision to me. A goalie has to go where to his best option where he will get the most playing time. He's gotta get as much playing time as he can. Only 1 goalie gets to play per game where as 6 Defenseman and 12 Forwards play. He'll most likely have to watch for at least part of his first year, but after that, he should be the go-to goalie at SCSU.

For as good of a goalie as Mike Lee is, if you were him would you want to come to a place that is scheduled to have a legit and solid goalie already(Eidsness) where only 1 year separates the 2 guys? Or would you like to go to SCSU where one goalie(Weslosky) will be a senior and the other(Dunn) will be a junior?

It seems like a pretty simple decision to me. A goalie has to go where to his best option where he will get the most playing time. He's gotta get as much playing time as he can. Only 1 goalie gets to play per game where as 6 Defenseman and 12 Forwards play. He'll most likely have to watch for at least part of his first year, but after that, he should be the go-to goalie at SCSU.

agree with this. you have to go where you think you will play the most in 4 years.

Contrary to what was said earlier, people from Roseau told me exactly what you posted, which is that his decision came down to playing time. UND may not have sat him down and offered the scholarship, but he pretty much figured on his own terms that he would get more playing time at SCSU.

Cam is good, but I don't think there will be room given his age. His younger brother Greg is a must have, though, I have heard. Andrew MacWilliam, who some troll on here was slamming is now projected to be a 2nd round NHLer.

Greg Lamoureux won't be coming to UND. He was Vancouver's 2nd pick in the WHL Bantam Draft and I'm quite sure he's already signed a contract with them.

MacWilliam was one of the recruits who visited UND during the Gophers series.

Greg Lamoureux won't be coming to UND. He was Vancouver's 2nd pick in the WHL Bantam Draft and I'm quite sure he's already signed a contract with them.

MacWilliam was one of the recruits who visited UND during the Gophers series.

I was also recently informed on that also. Some people have questioned his talent, but the coaches are really high on him and the offer is there. There is also a rumor that C.J. Ludwig committed here, but I'm not sure on the validity of that.

I was also recently informed on that also. Some people have questioned his talent, but the coaches are really high on him and the offer is there. There is also a rumor that C.J. Ludwig committed here, but I'm not sure on the validity of that.

what does he play, size ect...thanks a lot, i will also look that up but in case you are still on the board

ok found it, 5'10, 174 lbs, shoots left, defenseman

i see there was a older ludwing that went to providence in 2003

what does he play, size ect...thanks a lot, i will also look that up but in case you are still on the board

ok found it, 5'10, 174 lbs, shoots left, defenseman

i see there was a older ludwing that went to providence in 2003

Ludwig is a solid defensive defenseman, strong on his skates. makes many jarring open ice clean hits. Should continue to grow inches and pounds. Best of the three brothers. (one was drafted by NHL)

That would be interesting if he had commited here and there was no publicity on it.

Who was it that Bowen was talking about on the coaches show that was introduced to UND hockey through the midget tourney and will be playing here?

Probably would've been Mike Cichy since he played here two years ago. Also, the Ludwig rumor is untrue even though it was being talked about at the arena last night.