SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

i hear ya but we have been to 4 frozen four's in the last 7 years if im not mistaken and have played in 3 title games and won 1 and lost obviously this last april in the semifinals, not to shabby if you ask me, man are we spoiled :D it could be a hell of a lot worse.......i wont even mention any other schools :D

We are spoiled and I like that, however I think our goal is to generate titles. Agreed that 4 FFs in 7 years is great, but all I'm saying is that if our recruiting strategy is to get blue-chippers, we need to make the most of their abilities in a short period of time. Otherwise we're constantly rebuilding. In the early years of Gino's reign, we lost players early too, but he made the most of it while they were here. Same thing with Blaiser. DH and his staff are tremendous recruiters and good coaches. Too soon to tell how DH's reign will play out (so far it's been beyond expectations), but if the BChip strategy of recruiting is our philosophy, we'll need great coaching to hang #8. No need to panic unless we lose Toews, Oshie and Lee this summer.

We are spoiled and I like that, however I think our goal is to generate titles. Agreed that 4 FFs in 7 years is great, but all I'm saying is that if our recruiting strategy is to get blue-chippers, we need to make the most of their abilities in a short period of time. Otherwise we're constantly rebuilding. In the early years of Gino's reign, we lost players early too, but he made the most of it while they were here. Same thing with Blaiser. DH and his staff are tremendous recruiters and good coaches. Too soon to tell how DH's reign will play out (so far it's been beyond expectations), but if the BChip strategy of recruiting is our philosophy, we'll need great coaching to hang #8. No need to panic unless we lose Toews, Oshie and Lee this summer.

I hear ya but you used 1 word that is totally wrong, we dont rebuild, we RELOAD. this is obvious as if we had to rebuild every time we lost players then we wouldnt have reached 4 frozen 4's in 7 years.

I hear ya but you used 1 word that is totally wrong, we dont rebuild, we RELOAD. this is obvious as if we had to rebuild every time we lost players then we wouldnt have reached 4 frozen 4's in 7 years.

That is true but to hang the banner you need a team that is battle tested and if the players are not around long enough to gain that extra cohesion and experience you need to raise the trophy it becomes very difficult to take that last step. Look at the BC game, I was there. Our youth really showed. Another year of experience and put that same team with the same players minus the senior (Prp) and there is no doubt they would probably win. Sometimes it takes an extra year of seasoning and the mass early departures prevent that from happening. I can see recovering from a couple of early departures, but not 5. That becomes very difficult.

I can see recovering from a couple of early departures, but not 5. That becomes very difficult.

I can see recovering from 5 (or 6). :D

I doubt this will happen by the start of the season, but by the end we'll be flying as usual.

That is true but to hang the banner you need a team that is battle tested and if the players are not around long enough to gain that extra cohesion and experience you need to raise the trophy it becomes very difficult to take that last step. Look at the BC game, I was there. Our youth really showed. Another year of experience and put that same team with the same players minus the senior (Prp) and there is no doubt they would probably win. Sometimes it takes an extra year of seasoning and the mass early departures prevent that from happening. I can see recovering from a couple of early departures, but not 5. That becomes very difficult.

coulda wouda shouda, we dont know if more seniors would have won the game..theres no way of knowing that at all...i was there as well and i just think we had a bad game, it happens and jpar played way below par in my eyes so it was just a crappy game overall..i disagree, i think 2 of our VETERANS made the biggest mistakes of the game in smaby (not poke checking the damn puck and getting his jock dropped) and parise playing unlike himself giving up wristers high side and our freshman put up 4 points in the game. whatever, im excited already for next season :D

coulda wouda shouda, we dont know if more seniors would have won the game..theres no way of knowing that at all...i was there as well and i just think we had a bad game, it happens and jpar played way below par in my eyes so it was just a crappy game overall..i disagree, i think 2 of our VETERANS made the biggest mistakes of the game in smaby (not poke checking the damn puck and getting his jock dropped) and parise playing unlike himself giving up wristers high side and our freshman put up 4 points in the game. whatever, im excited already for next season :D

If you read my post I did not say we needed more seniors, I said the team we had last year needed another year of seasoning to have a great shot to hoist a banner. We lost that game due to our defenseman making rookie mistakes and lackluster play by JPAR. It is very rare that a very young team wins a national title. How can you become a veteran team if all your best players consistently leave early? It is the nature of the business and I fully understand that but experience leads to titles and it is difficult to gain that experience if you are consistently filling holes and fielding a young team.

If you read my post I did not say we needed more seniors, I said the team we had last year needed another year of seasoning to have a great shot to hoist a banner. We lost that game due to our defenseman making rookie mistakes and lackluster play by JPAR. It is very rare that a very young team wins a national title. How can you become a veteran team if all your best players consistently leave early? It is the nature of the business and I fully understand that but experience leads to titles and it is difficult to gain that experience if you are consistently filling holes and fielding a young team.

ok :D

In the early years of Gino's reign, we lost players early too, but he made the most of it while they were here. Same thing with Blaiser.

I have to wonder if the differences in the players Gino and Dean had to work with and our recent players are age and experience rather than coaching style? It's certainly not lack of talent, hard work or team work.

We could recruit guys we know will stay four years, but I would rather we make the frozen four. I don't want us to be like a team like Anchorage or Michigan Tech, all their guys stay, but they just suck. Recruiting is a very competitivev thing these days. It's a fact of life that good players leave early from every team these days. The NHL is changing. They don't want their players staying in college, they want their players getting into their farm system to develop. It's not like it was even 5 years ago.

This may have been reported elsewhere but a little bird told me that the Sioux have signed Hunter Bishop, F , Vernon Vipers (BCHL). Reason for signing is due to injury to Sioux recruit Evan Trupp.

Anyone else hear this news??

This may have been reported elsewhere but a little bird told me that the Sioux have signed Hunter Bishop, F , Vernon Vipers (BCHL). Reason for signing is due to injury to Sioux recruit Evan Trupp.

Anyone else hear this news??

Welcome if true.

Hunter Bishop

Welcome if true.

Hunter Bishop

Bishop was 41st in scoring in the BCHL so likely would not be a huge scorer at the D1 level. On his team he was the 2nd highest scoring forward. Vernon had an interesting offense. Their leading scorer was a defenseman, Felde (Alaska Fairbanks recruit) with about 93 points. Then a forward, then another defenseman, then Bishop, then defenseman Genoway with just a couple less points than Bishop. 3 of the top 5 including the top scorer were defensemen.

Will be interesting to find out if there's anything to this rumor.

Bishop was 41st in scoring in the BCHL so likely would not be a huge scorer at the D1 level. On his team he was the 2nd highest scoring forward. Vernon had an interesting offense. Their leading scorer was a defenseman, Felde (Alaska Fairbanks recruit) with about 93 points. Then a forward, then another defenseman, then Bishop, then defenseman Genoway with just a couple less points than Bishop. 3 of the top 5 including the top scorer were defensemen.

Will be interesting to find out if there's anything to this rumor.

Yeah, those stats certainly do not blow you away. The coaches must see some untapped potential. Too bad about Trupp. I think he could have helped out this year. He seems to have good playmaking ability from all accounts that I have read.

Yeah, those stats certainly do not blow you away. The coaches must see some untapped potential. Too bad about Trupp. I think he could have helped out this year. He seems to have good playmaking ability from all accounts that I have read.

I would hesitate to make too many assumptions at the moment (not that I have any information one way or another). I think Trupp was pretty much scheduled for 2007 all along, and his injury may or may not have any bearing on when he comes. In addition, we don't yet know if there really is another recruit coming in or who it really is.

On Bishop, he doesn't have to be a top scorer if he has other attributes necessary to play a role on a successful team. He may be strong defensively, great on face-offs, etc etc. If he is coming in, I look forward to finding out more about him.