SiouxSports.com Forum

Did Spirko go home this summer ?

Fetch

I don't know what the thread was suppposed to mean or if we should care if Spirko went hom to visit this summer, but I will say that of all the freshmen, none impressed me more than Spirko last season. I knew Zajac was going to be good or even great, and he lived up to the hype. But Spirko was supposed to be a stick handling winger that was just going to come in and play. I never thought he'd have the impact that he did.

Put him on a line with Toews and those two will drive any defense to collpase.

I will predict that he will be a force to recon with this year & will double his statsĀ  :ohmy: Will Bloom into a League Primer Player

Should have been Rookie of the Year

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am thinking that he will also have a big year especially if he plays with Zajac and Stafford. That could be a line that puts up huge numbers. Either way Spirko was a great late catch for us last year because he is a great player and one that most likely will be here four years.

I don't know what the thread was suppposed to mean or if we should care if Spirko went hom to visit this summer, but I will say that of all the freshmen, none impressed me more than Spirko last season.Ā  I knew Zajac was going to be good or even great, and he lived up to the hype.Ā  But Spirko was supposed to be a stick handling winger that was just going to come in and play.Ā  I never thought he'd have the impact that he did.

Put him on a line with Toews and those two will drive any defense to collpase.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Harrington agrees... :ohmy:

I just admire the guy & hope he was able to spend some time at home - (I thought he stayed here last summer ?) Have not read or heard much about him

Any team that had a few like him would be fun to watch

& I think he will get even better

What did Harrington (?) say ?

I could not get it to run

Sprig are you in Ray ND ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, Ray's rural telco just provides our phone and internet service (Crosby)

THe video is a WMV, which should be associated with windows media player on most windows PCs, or can be played on other apps such as winamp, if you have that.

Then he said, "Guentzel, help me get my gear back on"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, he must have been trying to get back to the bench very quickly. You'll notice as Sparky is giving high fives as he skates in front of the Sioux bench, Harrington is heading to the Gopher bench. If you look closely enough, you can see that Harrington has his jock in his hand and is also holding up his breezers :ohmy:

tn_IMG_1575.jpg

Is this good enough? If not, John Dahl could probably get you an even better version.

Link to higher-res version:

http://siouxsports.com/galleries/57/IMG_1575.jpg

Look where Spirko's stick is and look where Harrington's stick is. I guess the trickle down theory works. Lucia said this was a meaningless game and Harrington's effort pretty much proved it.

Sparky's best line of the year (in a TV interview just before they headed to Columbus no less!!)...

Q?- "Any idea what to expect?"

Sparky: "I don't know...all I know is we'll SKATE OUR BALLS OFF!"

(No s&!t...this was the line!) Anyone who doubts it...i can provide the tape...

GO SPARKY!!! The new season is upon us!!