SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{quote} Siouxfan3 obviously has some anger management issues. Maybe if mommy and daddy paid a little more attention to you when you were younger you might have turned out alright. You are a failure.

haha anger managment huh :D try sense of humor buddy haha im a just a normal high school kid messing around on a hockey chat board, and ur what some 33 year old man whom used to 18 and under girls hockey, yes girls hockey and now ur just sit on ur computer in ur whitey tighties and eat tubs of peanut butter and think of ways u coulda been cooler in high school haha ok im done bashin ya cya eorskin fater put the f in for the e and the e in for the f and thats youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

{quote} Siouxfan3 obviously has some anger management issues. Maybe if mommy and daddy paid a little more attention to you when you were younger you might have turned out alright. You are a failure.

haha anger managment huh :lol: try sense of humor buddy haha im a just a normal high school kid messing around on a hockey chat board, and ur what some 33 year old man whom used to 18 and under girls hockey, yes girls hockey and now ur just sit on ur computer in ur whitey tighties and eat tubs of peanut butter and think of ways u coulda been cooler in high school haha ok im done bashin ya cya eorskin fater put the f in for the e and the e in for the f and thats youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wow. Maybe there is some truth to NCLB... ;)

Looks like somebody is suffering from a case of sour grapes. I gotta say it brought a smile to my face remembering that famous line "Fargo people say that every year" as South was being presented the state championship trophy.

When you do say it every year its bound to come true. Like last year.

It was said the year before last year. It didn't come true. It also "brought a smile to my face remembering" that line that year.

It'll probably be said again this year. Probably won't come true.

It was said the year before last year. It didn't come true. It also "brought a smile to my face remembering" that line that year.

I'm pretty sure people from Fargo don't say that every year. In '04 they knew they wouldn't win, in '05 they thought they would, and in '06 they thought they would. 1 for 2, that's not bad.

Sorry guys, I just couldn't stay out of this one.... Cratter why don't you go pout some-where else, your team lost get over it and learn some humility.

Sorry guys, I just couldn't stay out of this one.... Cratter why don't you go pout some-where else, your team lost get over it and learn some humility.

You just couldn't stay out of this one.... for probably the third or fourth time now. It's been brought up more than once now, you are not who your name says, just give up already.

There's a pretty good chance it will come true again. If not, I'm sure they'll come very close at the very least. I think the perception that Red River and Central win state titles way more frequently than South is rather outdated. Let's take a look at recent history, shall we? In the last 8 years South and Central each have two state titles, Red River has three, and Grafton-Park River has one. Had South been able to hold on for another 47 seconds two years ago that list would read three each for South and Red River, one each for Central and Grafton-Park River. No matter which way the last 47 seconds of that game went, those top four programs in the state have all been fairly even for as far back as most current high school students can remember. I just fail to see the so-called monstrous drop-off after the two GF schools. 20 years ago, yeah. But not anymore. I know it's difficult for some GF people to come to grips with the fact that their days of dominating year-in and year-out are ancient history, but it is what it is. Central and Red River are still among the top programs in the state, but they have some company at the top now. In the last three years Central, South, and Red River can all say they have one 1st place finish and one runner-up finish. It is now the big three where it used to be the big two, and Grafton-Park River is very close to making it a big four.

I would agree with your post and I think it is a compliment to North Dakota hockey that it isn't just a two-horse race each year.

I heard they dropped a game to the 88/89 team thats not very loaded with talent. :lol::D;);):(

i hope team ND can pick it up alittle bit so we can send a team back next yr.

Team ND lost one game and tied one game. The 88/89's have a goalie that is a backup for the Sioux Falls Stampede. Team ND outshot the 88/89's something like 50-23. In the second meeting Team ND controlled the play all the way but were without Paul Campell, Marc Mihulka, and Greg Slominski. Also Minot had prom the night before and those players were definitly feeling it's effects. Without that USHL goalie the first game it could have easily been something like 6 or 7-2.

Team ND lost one game and tied one game. The 88/89's have a goalie that is a backup for the Sioux Falls Stampede. Team ND outshot the 88/89's something like 50-23. In the second meeting Team ND controlled the play all the way but were without Paul Campell, Marc Mihulka, and Greg Slominski. Also Minot had prom the night before and those players were definitly feeling it's effects. Without that USHL goalie the first game it could have easily been something like 6 or 7-2.

I heard one game was 3-0... and the other was 3-3 :lol::D

How do you outplay a team so badly but not score/ the backup or 3rd string goalie for the stampede who hadn't played a game this year. ;);):( Again I wish the best for teamnd some of my best friends are on it but I thought people on here should get the real story.

Couple of things on the 88/89 team - they have some very good players. Three AAA kids came back from out of state to tryout for that team and LaDouceur and Galbreath from RR are on the team as well as Stremick from Minot, Meland (RR), Miller (Grafton), McBain (Hazen). Plus Travis Rybchinski is a good coach. Eric Hartzell, one of the goalie's for the 88/89s, is the son of Sioux Falls Stampede coach Kevin Hartzell. This "third string Stampede goalie" led his White Bear Lake High School team in the Minnesota State High School Hockey tournament to a victory over Rochester High School who was backstopped last year by current Stampede goalie Alex Kangas who is going to the University of Minnesota. The young Hartzell kid is the real deal as a goalie and will eventually be playing D-1 hockey. Hartzell is a major force for his team when he is on the ice. I would rate him well above any goalies I have seen in North Dakota or adjacent Minnesota teams in the last couple of years. The scores were reported as 3-1 and 2-2 with the 88/89s putting one in later in the second game to secure a tie. Mihulka, Campbell, and Slominski were not at the second game. Last year the younger team (88/87s) had team North Dakota down 2-0 until Team ND rallied to win 3-2 in the last 8 minutes. That edition of team North Dakota went on to finish 3rd in the Showcase. Both teams should develop nicely with more practice together. Good luck to both teams as they continue with their post season activities.

I heard one game was 3-0... and the other was 3-3 :lol::D

How do you outplay a team so badly but not score/ the backup or 3rd string goalie for the stampede who hadn't played a game this year. ;);):( Again I wish the best for teamnd some of my best friends are on it but I thought people on here should get the real story.

It's hard to tell the "real story" when you are not at the games and cannot get the scores correctly. Again last year the 89's had the 88-87's down a goal for a majority of the game until the 88-87's exploded out to a 7-1 win. With the goaltending they got this year it was nearly impossible to pull that off. If they 89's got goaltending like that every time they played, they might win every time, but that's not likely.

Couple of things on the 88/89 team - they have some very good players. Three AAA kids came back from out of state to tryout for that team and LaDouceur and Galbreath from RR are on the team as well as Stremick from Minot, Meland (RR), Miller (Grafton), McBain (Hazen). Plus Travis Rybchinski is a good coach. Eric Hartzell, one of the goalie's for the 88/89s, is the son of Sioux Falls Stampede coach Kevin Hartzell. This "third string Stampede goalie" led his White Bear Lake High School team in the Minnesota State High School Hockey tournament to a victory over Rochester High School who was backstopped last year by current Stampede goalie Alex Kangas who is going to the University of Minnesota. The young Hartzell kid is the real deal as a goalie and will eventually be playing D-1 hockey. Hartzell is a major force for his team when he is on the ice. I would rate him well above any goalies I have seen in North Dakota or adjacent Minnesota teams in the last couple of years. The scores were reported as 3-1 and 2-2 with the 88/89s putting one in later in the second game to secure a tie. Mihulka, Campbell, and Slominski were not at the second game. Last year the younger team (88/87s) had team North Dakota down 2-0 until Team ND rallied to win 3-2 in the last 8 minutes. That edition of team North Dakota went on to finish 3rd in the Showcase. Both teams should develop nicely with more practice together. Good luck to both teams as they continue with their post season activities.

Strange, it was my impression that you were there, and quite possibly a parent, friend, or even player for one of the two teams. And given how adamant it seems you are about Team ND, I'd say Team ND over the 89's. I'm not trying to start an arguement, just an observation. What's more interesting is that I heard from somewhere that Tyler Klien is looking at moving to Minnesota somewhere, maybe Warroad, and that Tyrel McBain has considered transferring to South. Any more info on this would be grealy appreciated as it interests me very much.

The "USHL" goalie didn't play in game 2 and the score was 2-2? i thought if he didn't play it would have been 6 or 7-2?? :D:D;);):D

Strange, it was my impression that you were there, and quite possibly a parent, friend, or even player for one of the two teams. And given how adamant it seems you are about Team ND, I'd say Team ND over the 89's. I'm not trying to start an arguement, just an observation. What's more interesting is that I heard from somewhere that Tyler Klien is looking at moving to Minnesota somewhere, maybe Warroad, and that Tyrel McBain has considered transferring to South. Any more info on this would be grealy appreciated as it interests me very much.

Is it strange that people who post on this board have actually been to the games that they talk about? And that they might even have a connection to one of the teams? That seems normal to me - most people share the real experiences that they have as that is what they know best. Actually, I provided more information on the 88/89's and their goalie so the hypothesis that I am connected to that team makes a lot of sense. Trying to see how you get "adamant" out of what I said - which is basically a reporting of facts about each team.

Isn't it better to hear about an event from someone who attended it rather than second, third, fourth iteration through the twisted, distorted grapevine. People have been talking about Klein and McBain leaving their schools for the past few weeks/months but I have no pipeline of inside information on either.

The "USHL" goalie didn't play in game 2 and the score was 2-2? i thought if he didn't play it would have been 6 or 7-2?? :D:D;);):D

No. What I said was, in the first game the score could have been 6 or 7-2. Read it again. Excuses are pretty lame in hockey but I can see why the scores were how they were. The 89's had more to play for. If they lose big deal, if they win they are on top of the world. Team ND probably walked in overconfident, like MN against Holy Cross. Who was the better team? Minnesota. Who was the better team that night? Holy Cross. Paul Campell, Marc Mihulka, and Greg Slominski did not play in game 2. Andy Dittus, Brandon Schmidt, and the goalie that played, David Bown, had prom the night before. I bet they played the best games of their lives. There was no way Team ND could have won by a significant margin in the 2nd game given the circumstances.

Just out of curiousity, I have a question for you Specifics. Are you on team North Dakota or have friends that are by chance? I have no idea, it's just that you seem to know a lot about them, and it would be nice if you could provide updates on how they do every weekend. Thanks.

I'm 100% positive the Kleins are not going to pack up and move to Minnesota, or ship their son off for his senior year. The only place Klein is going to go other than North, is the USHL or NAHL. I'm not sure if people understand how difficult it is to transfer schools that are not within say 30 minutes of eachother. You have to remember that these kids parents have jobs and they probably aren't going to just up and quit so there kid can play high school hockey somewhere else. Coincidentally, Grand Rapids has a Pepsi plant like one of these two kids parents work for I believe so that would have been the only logical possibility. Tyrel McBain from waaaaay west to Fargo South? I highly doubt it. It's been done but a player really has to be commited to the sport and the circumstances have to be near perfect. It's not going to happen. Besides I don't know why someone would transfer from a school where he had success to one where he might not even play varsity like Fargo South. If he really thinks he is not getting good enough coaching where he is now, his best bet would be to research the coach and program that does the most off ice workouts and what kind of practices they run. Thats how you develop. Not by jumping ship onto the team you think has the best chance of winning state the next year.

Normally people post things that they have knowledge on, or a topic they know something about. Otherwise they will look foolish claiming opinions they hold to be facts, when in all reality they are not facts.

Is it strange that people who post on this board have actually been to the games that they talk about?

It would seem pretty strange after you claim that "it's hard to tell the "real story" when you are not at the games and cannot get the scores correctly." And as I stated, I'm not trying to get you flustered and start doing anything harsh, all I was trying to do was see where your perspective comes from. It's pretty obvious you have strong ties with one team, I was just guessing Team ND becuase you felt they deserved to win. By having an association with either team gives you bias, and I was just wanting to know in an attempt to read through you bias for a more accurate story. I happen to know a few of the Grand Forks kids on the 88/89 team, or have been in the passed at least, and they gave me a very different story on how things went, so I had cause for my questions. Also, it's odd that you say "they will look foolish claiming opinions they hold to be facts, when in all reality they are not facts", as I was requesting more information on something I'd heard, quite possibly wrong, but I wanted clarification. I didn't ask to be indirectly called foolish, nor did I state anything as fact. As for my opinion, I'd say neither team has a real abundance of skill, the Team ND team had great potential if more seniors had gone out, and it could be a tough road in Chicago, but I wish them luck.

It would seem pretty strange after you claim that "it's hard to tell the "real story" when you are not at the games and cannot get the scores correctly." And as I stated, I'm not trying to get you flustered and start doing anything harsh, all I was trying to do was see where your perspective comes from. It's pretty obvious you have strong ties with one team, I was just guessing Team ND becuase you felt they deserved to win. By having an association with either team gives you bias, and I was just wanting to know in an attempt to read through you bias for a more accurate story. I happen to know a few of the Grand Forks kids on the 88/89 team, or have been in the passed at least, and they gave me a very different story on how things went, so I had cause for my questions. Also, it's odd that you say "they will look foolish claiming opinions they hold to be facts, when in all reality they are not facts", as I was requesting more information on something I'd heard, quite possibly wrong, but I wanted clarification. I didn't ask to be indirectly called foolish, nor did I state anything as fact. As for my opinion, I'd say neither team has a real abundance of skill, the Team ND team had great potential if more seniors had gone out, and it could be a tough road in Chicago, but I wish them luck.

No one was talking to you AHenryFan08. Your not being spoken to in this case so you don't need to defend yourself. Unless you and livestoplayhockey are the same person.