SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any truth to the rumor of Tyler Klien playing for the Omaha Energy next year?

I have not heard that rumor prior to your post. The Energy have tryouts so I would guess that he would have to go through the tryouts for the Major Midgets. I have not tracked their website so I am not sure how they have done this year. In a way I would not blame him for looking around. The AAA's play a lot more games, get better exposure for juniors, and all of the kids on the team are more focused on hockey than the typical high school team. If I hear anything I will share it. I believe that short term he will be trying out for the North Dakota 88/89 team and he has one more shot at the USA Hockey Festivals - Select 17.

Here are the rosters for the tryouts for Team North Dakota this weekend in Hazen:

Team Green

Dehne, Welk, Guidinger-Goalies

Hildahl, Smith, Olson, Engberg-Defense

P. Campbell, Greicar, Harrie, Jerome, Benke, Burdick, Philion-Forwards

Team Black

Bown, Houkom-Goalies

A. Petersen, Dingeman, Slominski, Burkett-Defense

Monson, Mihulka, Schmitt, Wedin, Blue, Ritchie, Knaus-Forwards

Team White

Kringstad, Grothman-Goalies

Jundt, Delisle, Lybeck, Gregoire-Defense

Klenow, Dittus, Bustad, Weir, Lee, Jore, Kline, Hovet-Forwards

when and where are the tryouts?

where did u find this information?

If you re-read my previous post carefully you will have an answer to your first two questions. In summary, "when" would be this weekend (March 17, 18, and 19th). "Where" would be Hazen, North Dakota. The entire practice schedule, along with locations, for the next few weeks is available on the North Dakota Amateur Hockey Association website: ndaha.org under the heading of "Special Projects". The specific player lists were provided by those in charge of administering that program. The teams are not posted, at this time, on the web.

hey sumone should post the team nd when they make the roster ight peace out homies

Weel, formerspellingchamp, poeple kan gve U nmes fo doze kiids dat git one dee teem. Eye weel tri two git dem end weel tri two speel die namz korrect fo U.

I found out the Goals Against for goalies in the scrimmages if anyone cares:

Team Green 2-0-0

Guidinger = 1, Dehne = 2

Team Black 0-1-1

Houkom = 3, Bown = 6

Team White 0-1-1

Grothman = 3, Kringstad = 5

Still waiting on the rosters though...I don't know who got goals this weekend but I'm sure the expected players got some of the goals like Mihulka and Campbell I am sure...

any update on the team nd roster or when that is coming out?

The roster should be posted soon. The players who made the team were informed this evening between 7 and 9 PM. Their first practice will be this Friday from 7 to 8:30 in Fargo. I have some of the names of players on the team and will see if I can get the remainder.

Not sure how much the goals against helps in getting a read on the goalies. Each team had 2 goalies, 4 defenseman and basically two lines. They played a round robin (the three teams) of regulation games (17 minute periods). Team white had two games on Saturday while Green and Black each had one. Team white was gassed after the first period of the second game so perhaps not a fair read on their goalies (Kringstad and Grothman) - they might have been better off going to run time for the third period or switching the format so all three teams were involved in each scrimmage game on an alternating period basis. That would have prevented the situation with one team coming out fresh against one that was tired. Probably would not have been a big deal if each team had four lines but with two lines a team it was tough. Plenty of ice time for everyone.

Can you post the names you got so far?

Minot--David Bown-G; Brandon Schmitt, F; Andy Dittus, F

Grafton/PR--Andrew Peterson, D; Paul Campbell, F; Tony Kringstad G

GFC--Greg Slominski, D; Tim Gregoire, D; Jon Greicar, F; Lane Smith, D

GFRR--Jake Delisle, D; Brad Benke, F; David Hovet, F; Marc Mihulka, F

Bismarck--Ross Monson, F

Williston--Tyler Jundt, D

Devils Lake--Alex Olson, D; Peter Jerome, F

Fargo Shanley--Marc Harrie, F

Fargo North--Nick Klenow, F

West Fargo--Steven Burdick, F

Minot--David Bown-G; Brandon Schmitt, F; Andy Dittus, F

Grafton/PR--Andrew Peterson, D; Paul Campbell, F; Tony Kringstad G

GFC--Greg Slominski, D; Tim Gregoire, D; Jon Greicar, F; Lane Smith, D

GFRR--Jake Delisle, D; Brad Benke, F; David Hovet, F; Marc Mihulka, F

Bismarck--Ross Monson, F

Williston--Tyler Jundt, D

Devils Lake--Alex Olson, D; Peter Jerome, F

Fargo Shanley--Marc Harrie, F

Fargo North--Nick Klenow, F

West Fargo--Steven Burdick, F

Beat me to it, nice job and thanks for the info.