SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

I'm 100% positive the Kleins are not going to pack up and move to Minnesota, or ship their son off for his senior year. The only place Klein is going to go other than North, is the USHL or NAHL. I'm not sure if people understand how difficult it is to transfer schools that are not within say 30 minutes of eachother. You have to remember that these kids parents have jobs and they probably aren't going to just up and quit so there kid can play high school hockey somewhere else. Coincidentally, Grand Rapids has a Pepsi plant like one of these two kids parents work for I believe so that would have been the only logical possibility. Tyrel McBain from waaaaay west to Fargo South? I highly doubt it. It's been done but a player really has to be commited to the sport and the circumstances have to be near perfect. It's not going to happen. Besides I don't know why someone would transfer from a school where he had success to one where he might not even play varsity like Fargo South. If he really thinks he is not getting good enough coaching where he is now, his best bet would be to research the coach and program that does the most off ice workouts and what kind of practices they run. Thats how you develop. Not by jumping ship onto the team you think has the best chance of winning state the next year.

Normally people post things that they have knowledge on, or a topic they know something about. Otherwise they will look foolish claiming opinions they hold to be facts, when in all reality they are not facts.

I thought I'd post something I have knowledge on, or at least a topic I know something about. I know that Tyrel McBain from waaaaay west has looked into a transfer to one of the Fargo Schools(his grandparents live there). He is not unsatisfied with the coaching he is currently getting, but there are coaching changes taking place in Hazen that will effect the program. Also, Hazen graduates ten seniors off of this years team and is experiencing a problem in numbers that will greatly reduce his chances of success next year. He is a kid that has made the committments to develop himself in an attempt to be the best hockey player he can be and is not merely jumping ship to head to a team that may win state. Rather, he is attempting to better his opportunities to play hockey at a higher level. If the move happens, I think those of you in Fargo will enjoy watching him play for one of your Varsity teams.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be quite interesting to see McBain suit up for someone else.

Anyways, in an effort to generate some more activity, anyone have some ideas for the top players next year and/or 2007 Mr. Hockey predictions. Personally, I believe Danny Wurden will have what it takes to lead his team. That is, however, if he doesn't leave for juniors. Also, I think that Zach Miller has the potential to be Mr. Hockey if he can work well with his teammates.

Danny Wurden is a quality defensemen. He was screwed out of EDC honors last year. How did the second leading defensemen in scoring IN THE STATE, not make the all EDC team. Also if tyler mcbain moved to Fargo any idea what school. He would be great players for north or West fargo correct? How about South? South people let me know?

I thought I'd post something I have knowledge on, or at least a topic I know something about. I know that Tyrel McBain from waaaaay west has looked into a transfer to one of the Fargo Schools(his grandparents live there). He is not unsatisfied with the coaching he is currently getting, but there are coaching changes taking place in Hazen that will effect the program. Also, Hazen graduates ten seniors off of this years team and is experiencing a problem in numbers that will greatly reduce his chances of success next year. He is a kid that has made the committments to develop himself in an attempt to be the best hockey player he can be and is not merely jumping ship to head to a team that may win state. Rather, he is attempting to better his opportunities to play hockey at a higher level. If the move happens, I think those of you in Fargo will enjoy watching him play for one of your Varsity teams.

That's a whole lot of talk. Well he's got about 3 months to make that decision. In my opinion... High School should be fun and you should enjoy all the time you have with your friends. Some kids are letting their heads get bigger than hot air balloons. Transferring from one school to the next because they believe they are going to be the next big thing, or the school they are at is not good enough for them. I have heard of kids transferring more than one time! That's ridiculous. Individual talent relies largely on that off the work ethic of the individual during OFF ICE workouts. I just don't see the logic in moving 200 miles to work out in a different gym unless you truely are a special talent and have something very significant to gain by having a new coach. Maybe these kids want to learn better defensive zone coverage, I'm not sure.

That's a whole lot of talk. Well he's got about 3 months to make that decision. In my opinion... High School should be fun and you should enjoy all the time you have with your friends. Some kids are letting their heads get bigger than hot air balloons. Transferring from one school to the next because they believe they are going to be the next big thing, or the school they are at is not good enough for them. I have heard of kids transferring more than one time! That's ridiculous. Individual talent relies largely on that off the work ethic of the individual during OFF ICE workouts. I just don't see the logic in moving 200 miles to work out in a different gym unless you truely are a special talent and have something very significant to gain by having a new coach. Maybe these kids want to learn better defensive zone coverage, I'm not sure.

Do any of you know why campbell wasn't playing?

Team North Dakota played Team Minnesota today at 3:30 as a tune up on their way to the Chicago Showcase. It was a reasonable showing for Team ND as the game ended up 3-1 in favor of Minnesota. Given the fact that some thought the team might be down this year, this initial performance shows a lot of potential as they should improve as the tournament goes on.

so is mark mihulka going anywhere? USHL?

Right now he is on his way to Chicago with Team North Dakota - probably somewhere west of Madison, Wisconsin right now (8:09 PM). Seriously, as was pointed out he was tendered by the FM Jets and like many other players is waiting to see what types of invitations come out from teams in other leagues (USHL). Players who are not yet in the league will have a fairly long wait to see where they end up. Some USHL teams will have their rosters set by late June (actually Des Moines should have their roster before the 15th of June - at least their final tryout completed). Most NAHL teams will not be set until July. Waiting is the name of the game in junior hockey unless you are clearly one of the top tier players in the country.

Team ND Girls shutout by Team Minnesota 4-0 in exhibition game on the way to the 2006 Chicago Showcase. Team ND Boy's lose 3-1 to Team Minnesota in exhibition game on way to the 2006 Chicago Showcase.

The boy's opened up taking a 1-0 lead on a Ross Monson goal. Minnesota scored on a PPG towards the end of the period to tie it at 1-1 after one period.

Minnesota scored two goals in the second period. One on the PP and one 5x5. Tony Kringstad gave up one goal and David Bown gave up both goals in the 2nd period. Team ND had penalty troubles in the 3rd period and they had 8-minors to Minnesota's 2-minors. All in all TND had 13 minor penalties to Minnesota's 8-minor penalties. Minnesota is very skilled and moves the puck well on the power play. Team ND killed off two 5 on 3 PP and missed scoring on their only 5x3 PP. Final shots for the game were 29-20 in favor of Team Minnesota. So like ND PRIDE stated, take away the extra PP opportunities, it was a pretty even game. I do not feel Minnesota is as good as last years team, but last year we lost 9-0 in this game and ended up taking 3rd in the showcase so even though a loss is a loss, a close game after getting up at 6:00 am and then getting off a bus for a game it was not a bad showing. Up next for the boy's is pool play action as they open up with Team Michigan on Wednesday at 5:00 pm

In a loss to Team Michigan 4-3, the stats for TND.

Team North Dakota

No Player Played Shots Saves GA Sv% Gms GAA

35 Kringstad, Anthony M 50:19 29 25 4 86.21 1 4.00

Per Time No Goal No Assist No Assist Goal

1 14:12 19 Campbell, Paul R 20 Klenow, Nick J 18 Mihulka, Marc R Power Play

2 3:58 21 Dittus, Andy J 15 Greicar, John P 17 Harrie, Marc W Normal

3 13:59 7 Schmitt, Brandon M 11 Burdick, Steven C 9 Jundt, Tyler J Normal

Thanks for the stats Jack. Team North Dakota led 3-1 before the game slipped away 4-3. Apparently this would have been the first time North Dakota would have posted a win over Michigan in this event had they prevailed. Tough loss for the team after the early lead.

The New Jersey game was sort of a flip side of the Michigan game. With Michigan team ND led 3-1 and the game slipped away 4-3 but against New Jersey Team ND trailed 3-1 going in to the third before pulling out the tie. Today's game against Wisconsin will be critical in terms of final points in the pool.

Today I heard for the first time that Hillman has signed a tender with the Bobcats. If it is true, I am not sure. So don't quote me on this, but I did hear it.

If it is true however, does that mean he can still play at BHS next year? I'm unsure on that. Anyone know?

Well I guess that's nice to hear. Nice job guys. Looks like they set a new standard for North Dakota high school hockey. These guys probably would have won if weisgarber and galt and tom campbell and willert were on the team. But they did good with what they had.