SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Weisgarber is definitely going to join the Jets. He was added to the roster before the deadline, so he can play in the remaining games. I don't know about Klenow though. I also heard that Mihulka maybe skating with the Jets too, but not certain.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is truth to this. Ross Monson practiced with the Bobcats before the high school season began and was asked to return after the high school season. Also Bismarck High goaltender Michael Hillman was asked to join the team. I do not think it is possible for these players to participate in games because i think NAHL rosters are frozen but I'm not sure. I pretty sure they can practice with them if they choose to do so.

I've heard that Nick Klenow of Fargo North and Paul Weisgarber of Fargo South have joined the FM Jets. Any interesting information on that?

Weisgarber will practice and play games with the Jets. Apparently they opened two roster spots with the other going to Jonathon Meyers, previously on the roster, from Eden Prairie High School. Klenow was cleared to practice with the Jets but will not be playing in games. Interestingly, Meyers (a top scorer in the Elite League this past fall) and Klenow played together for the Minnesota Blades AAA along with Tyson Dozak, quite a few years ago.

Weisgarber will practice and play games with the Jets. Apparently they opened two roster spots with the other going to Jonathon Meyers, previously on the roster, from Eden Prairie High School. Klenow was cleared to practice with the Jets but will not be playing in games. Interestingly, Meyers (a top scorer in the Elite League this past fall) and Klenow played together for the Minnesota Blades AAA along with Tyson Dozak, quite a few years ago.

Amazing how the hockey community is linked isn't it? Actually, there are a few Minnesota Gophers who were Minnesota Blades. Phil Kessel is one of them. Others are Blake Wheeler and Justin Bostrom. That is one deep organization. Here are some more alumni...

Jordan Leopold

Troy Riddle

Jeff Taffe

Ryan Potunly

Zach Parise

Tom Gorowosky

Nate Hagemo

Jay Barribal

Chris Vandevelde

Taylor Chorney

And that's not even 1/10 of the guys they've sent D-1.

What an amazing story. I give Sean all the props in the world for having the courage for writing all of this down and sharing it with everybody. It brings tears to your eyes.

After reading that it really does not matter if your a Rider or a Bruin as there are so many more important things in life. I wish this young man the very best. Although rather trivial in light of what he is going through, I hope that winning the championship gave him the sense and joy of accomplishment that he justly deserves.

I was just looking into the future at JV and Bantams to just to see what is coming up.

Bantams

Grafton seems to be the top dog and the team to beat in all of the bantams. Any guys that will help imediately???

Grand Forks second to in the North Division....can't say what school they will help because the teams are combined in the youth level.

Fargo Flyers seem to be the top team in the south division and the team to beat from the south with only one loss in there league.

Minot strong team with a couple of stud athletes.

JV

Red River had a good JV team. I heard had 5 or 6 losses including Roseau, WF and South.

Grafton Stuggled only wining 5 or 6 games....but most stud athletes go straight to varsity.

Fargo South.....I have head have only lost one game in two years? Wow.

Central...500 team but some talent...Look GFC in two years.

Minot....did well in the west but.....its the west.

I have seen many Bismarck JV games...we struggled this year but hope with some bantam help we will be stronger next year.

Any one else with info on the future?

I was just looking into the future at JV and Bantams to just to see what is coming up.

Bantams

Grafton seems to be the top dog and the team to beat in all of the bantams. Any guys that will help imediately???

Grand Forks second to in the North Division....can't say what school they will help because the teams are combined in the youth level.

Fargo Flyers seem to be the top team in the south division and the team to beat from the south with only one loss in there league.

JV

Red River had a good JV team. I heard had 5 or 6 losses including Roseau, WF and South.

Grafton Stuggled only wining 5 or 6 games....but most stud athletes go straight to varsity.

I have seen many Bismarck JV games...we struggled this year but hope with some bantam help we will be stronger next year.

The JV programs across the state were down as a whole. It seems all the best sophomores have all been playing varsity. I saw South's JV play North earlier this year and they have gradually fallen off in the past couple years. Remember the beat Moorhead's JV a couple years back. I think the biggest impact players will be moving up from the bantam ranks rather than the jv teams

Bantams

JV

Red River only lost two JV games this season.

Red River only lost two JV games this season.

I'm not saying there isn't a JV team with a winning record. I'm saying the quality of the JV players is down compared to the last couple years. Fargo South's JV 2 years ago consisted of Campbell, Larson, Galt, Ramberg, Grande, etc.. Now even though Red River's JV squad this year only lost 2 games you can't possibly be implying that they would hang in a game with that South team. With sophomores like Meland, Simonson, Vigen, Swanson, LaDoucer, Galbreath, McBain, Bekkadahl, Tanner Anderson and Powers all bypassing JV its easy to see why the JV programs aren't going to be like they were. This season the JV teams consisted of the lower part of the 10th grade and there are virtually no juniors out there. I mean I saw WF play a competitive game with Fargo South this year. It's not the best age group number wise for JV hockey to be decent.

I'm not saying there isn't a JV team with a winning record. I'm saying the quality of the JV players is down compared to the last couple years. Fargo South's JV 2 years ago consisted of Campbell, Larson, Galt, Ramberg, Grande, etc.. Now even though Red River's JV squad this year only lost 2 games you can't possibly be implying that they would hang in a game with that South team. With sophomores like Meland, Simonson, Vigen, Swanson, LaDoucer, Galbreath, McBain, Bekkadahl, Tanner Anderson and Powers all bypassing JV its easy to see why the JV programs aren't going to be like they were. This season the JV teams consisted of the lower part of the 10th grade and there are virtually no juniors out there. I mean I saw WF play a competitive game with Fargo South this year. It's not the best age group number wise for JV hockey to be decent.

If they only lost twice, and one was to Roseau, wouldnt that imply that they tied or beat South. I've never seen either play so if there is anyone who knows could they clarify.

The JV programs across the state were down as a whole. It seems all the best sophomores have all been playing varsity. I saw South's JV play North earlier this year and they have gradually fallen off in the past couple years. Remember the beat Moorhead's JV a couple years back. I think the biggest impact players will be moving up from the bantam ranks rather than the jv teams

first of all south jv beat moorhead again this year and easily. fallen off? I think south jv beat wahpeton varsity by 6-7 goals and probably would have beaten a couple other varsity teams including on close to your heart

He's coming to Grafton....Just kidding...

I'm running this through my head time and time again and it does not make any sense. This can't be the same Tyrel McBain that was cut from the 1989 select team this past spring is it? If so it amazes me how he found his way among the leading scorers in the state. Will someone please clarify if this is all correct?

I'm running this through my head time and time again and it does not make any sense. This can't be the same Tyrel McBain that was cut from the 1989 select team this past spring is it? If so it amazes me how he found his way among the leading scorers in the state. Will someone please clarify if this is all correct?

He plays in the West...'nuff said.

Yep, just like Fylling, Massen, Phillion, Vig, Peluso. They all played in the West! Is the West as strong as the East? No. Is the West talentless, as some of you seem to imply? Hardly.

I happen to agree with you. In fact, if Minot had not lost Jordan Willert to the USHL and a few other players, they probably would have competed for a state title. That same group won Bantam A's just 3 years ago. I agree that the West is weaker because of lack of competition, but there are good players from the west. As far as Tyrel McBain is concerned, however, I think some people get preoccupied with points. He is a good player, but I'm not convinced he is even the best player on Hazen-Beulah---Jerad Borlaug probably is, but gets less attention because he plays defense and does not get as many points. Points is a function of who you have around you, who you are playing, and the style that you playing.

McBain is a nice player who still needs development. He's great offensively but his neutral and defensive zone play needs some work. I also heard that he tends to disappear against the better teams he plays. It will be interesting to see how he backs up this season next year. Does anyone know for sure if Weisgarber is playing tomorrow night?

McBain is a nice player who still needs development. He's great offensively but his neutral and defensive zone play needs some work. I also heard that he tends to disappear against the better teams he plays. It will be interesting to see how he backs up this season next year. Does anyone know for sure if Weisgarber is playing tomorrow night?

Paul Weisgarber will be suiting up tommorow wearing the number 26. He plays on a line with Kai Kantola and Brandon Richardson. Any interesting line, Kai is thought of by many to be the best player on the team (maybe the leauge) and Richardson seldom sees significant ice time. Richardson was put on this line to hit, hit, and hit. Kai to take some pressure off of Paul, and Paul to do his thing. Should be fun to watch. I wonder if Weisgarber's friend who also practices but will not play with the Jets this season finds the humor in that Paul took his old high school number. Fun stuff.

Paul Weisgarber will be suiting up tommorow wearing the number 26. He plays on a line with Kai Kantola and Brandon Richardson. Any interesting line, Kai is thought of by many to be the best player on the team (maybe the leauge) and Richardson seldom sees significant ice time. Richardson was put on this line to hit, hit, and hit. Kai to take some pressure off of Paul, and Paul to do his thing. Should be fun to watch. I wonder if Weisgarber's friend who also practices but will not play with the Jets this season finds the humor in that Paul took his old high school number. Fun stuff.

Ha, ya,

I look forward to traveling with my good friend Jace Foss (Moorhead 3 time state tourny appearances) and I attending various Junior and College hockey games to watch some of the old teammates. I say we ask for autographs now! Otu of the group of talented athletes that have been discussed the most on here, who will have the best chance of winning Hoby Baker?

Good Luck to all in the post high school careers, and stay healthy.

Ha, ya,

I look forward to traveling with my good friend Jace Foss (Moorhead 3 time state tourny appearances) and I attending various Junior and College hockey games to watch some of the old teammates. I say we ask for autographs now! Otu of the group of talented athletes that have been discussed the most on here, who will have the best chance of winning Hoby Baker?

Good Luck to all in the post high school careers, and stay healthy.

I think the Hobey Baker is a stretch for anyone coming out of this high school this year. But I guess you never know, you can do whatever you want if you put your mind to it. This senior class is truely amazing however. I was thinking how cool would it be if Weisgarber, Mihulka, Larson, Okland, and Klenow all made the Jets next year (assuming they try out). That's FIVE North Dakota boys on one team. Obviously it's a stretch but, I'm sure that would draw a big hometown crowd don't ya think?