SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jundt won the award because the majority of coaches from the West believe he is the best player in the West. I don't think it's right for you to say he does or does not deserve to be a Mr. Hockey finalist because you've seen him play one time. Things sometimes don't go as they are supposed to, that's life and you learn to deal with it. I'm sure this won't bother Marc, so why should it bother you. Your trying to tell me Jundt would be a 3 or 4 d-man on West Fargo, Shanley, North, Jamestown, Wahpeton, Central, or Grafton? Maybe he'd be behind Wurden on South making him number 3, but I have a feeling he'd be ahead one RR d-man. Thats almost all eastern teams. If you were in Mr. Jundt's shoes I don't think you'd want to hear about how a bunch of people are saying you don't deserve this or you don't deserve that because you had a 16 point season. Grow up.

I believe you are correct that jundt he doest not deserve Mr. Hockey but he was playing quite well until he was checked from behind about four mins into the game and had to be taken off but did return and just was not the same according to my source he did get a concussion but wanted and did play tonight and i think that admirable and even with this played a decent game

Also there is no way he would be 3 or 4 d man on west fargo, shanly, north, jamestown, Wahpeton, Central,, or red river or even south there's really only one or two d man in the state that are better and anybody who disagrees should watch him defend a 2 on1 or 3 on 1 also talg about point is just stupid becuase he is a very defensive player and its alot harder to look good when your first line is all hurt and you only got about 5 people to work with becuase no one else can hardly catch a pass

He is one of the best defensmen in the state but again is not the best

With all of the great talent in the state this year its hard to pick just four finalists

I really didn't care who won either game, but Red River's OT winner wasn't a goal. Argue with me all you want, but the guy was in the crease on top of the goaltender, and it didn't seem like the Grafton guy hit the RR guy that hard at all. Ohh well, Red River is the better team, and probably still would have won the game.

Still though, what a game!! :D

I agree with you. I was at the game, had a perfect view of Kringstad of GPR and it was clear that the opposing RR guy was in the crease. Talked to a few game officials and they agreed. Even Coach Haugland argued it. Oh well, BY THE WAY...Red River students need to control theirselves. They are way too offensive. I saw that last night as they were screaming at Kringstad. Please, game administration, do something!

I agree with you. I was at the game, had a perfect view of Kringstad of GPR and it was clear that the opposing RR guy was in the crease. Talked to a few game officials and they agreed. Even Coach Haugland argued it. Oh well, BY THE WAY...Red River students need to control theirselves. They are way too offensive. I saw that last night as they were screaming at Kringstad. Please, game administration, do something!

I didn't think they were bad at all. I just have a problem with them throwing stuff on the ice after the game (again). The players for both teams played a super game, and afterwards they get signs and pop bottles thrown at them. It wasn't as bad as a couple of years ago, but one of these times someone is going to get hurt.

Oh well, BY THE WAY...Red River students need to control theirselves. They are way too offensive. I saw that last night as they were screaming at Kringstad. Please, game administration, do something!

Where were the Arena Police??? Did anyone else see the students standing all night cheering for their teams??? Shame on them!!! Why were they allowed to stand and "Our UND Students" are not??? And yes they were blocking the view of others....BUT guess what the others did?:D They stood and cheered also!!!!!!!!!!! WOW what a wonderful concept. Everyone cheering for their team.

It is a shame the UND official police don't let UND Students follow this practice. Some of the grochy, "I am here to be seen," fuddy duddy might even get into it.....NO PROBABLY NOT!!!

I didn't think they were bad at all. I just have a problem with them throwing stuff on the ice after the game (again). The players for both teams played a super game, and afterwards they get signs and pop bottles thrown at them. It wasn't as bad as a couple of years ago, but one of these times someone is going to get hurt.

I only saw a couple signs thrown on the ice but so did the grafton fans as well so you can't only blame Red River. Oh yeh, did you notice what happen after Red River scored? Kringsted took the puck and shot it at the Red River players as they were celebrating in the middle of the ice. Good display of sportsmanship there. Also, that kringstad is one of the biggest babys i have ever seen to play. He freaked out at the end and was shaken all the players hand really unsportmsnlike too. the coahces had to calm him down. He also hit the glass with his stik a couple of times too. I heard that kringstad has a couple of kids but that could be jsut a rumor.

I really didn't care who won either game, but Red River's OT winner wasn't a goal. Argue with me all you want, but the guy was in the crease on top of the goaltender, and it didn't seem like the Grafton guy hit the RR guy that hard at all. Ohh well, Red River is the better team, and probably still would have won the game.

Still though, what a game!! :D

Af first Tim O'keefe said the goal was good...after looking at a couple different angles, he kind of changed his mind, stating that it would probably be disallowed in the NHL or anywhere else where it would be reviewed. I'm from Grafton, so you probably know my opinion...I wish they would have disallowed the goal. I really think it would be tough for an official to disallow an overtime goal, without being 100% sure. Congrats to the Grafton kids on playing a very hard fought game.

Kringstad deserves everything he gets, he is the biggest baby in the state. Go ahead and attack me for picking on a high school kid, but he is old enough to control himself and he does not. If I were from Grafton I would be embarrassed to see him put on the maroon and yellow, real unfortunate when the kid plays a great game just to make a fool of himself again after the game. I heard Bina and his staff are going to wear full equipment for the handshakes tonight in case Kringstad fires a puck at him like he did at Malm. Is Jay Haugland afraid to stand up to his goalie, or just oblivious?

I only saw a couple signs thrown on the ice but so did the grafton fans as well so you can't only blame Red River. Oh yeh, did you notice what happen after Red River scored? Kringsted took the puck and shot it at the Red River players as they were celebrating in the middle of the ice. Good display of sportsmanship there. Also, that kringstad is one of the biggest babys i have ever seen to play. He freaked out at the end and was shaken all the players hand really unsportmsnlike too. the coahces had to calm him down. He also hit the glass with his stik a couple of times too. I heard that kringstad has a couple of kids but that could be jsut a rumor.

Post and responses like this remind me of the Elementary school playground. "You cheated!" "Oh yeah?! You're ugly!" "Oh yeah?!" And so on and so forth.

It's been claimed and cited that some Red River fans are classless. Instead of saying "Well, maybe some are" and then going on with class, the typical response is for a Red River fan to find something faultworthy of the other team. "Kringstad is a baby!" or "Did you see him do this/that?"

Useless finger pointing. I guess that's what I call classless too. If the person is wrong, then correct that person. If that person has cause to feel a certain way and you disagree, disagree. But to disagree by pointing at another team's players and calling them classless in response to such allegations is in itself classless.

Is South a classy team? Do they have classy fans? Sure. Are there any classless fans that root for South? I'm positive there are. But I'm not going to point to GFRR's fans and say "Look at what they did vs. Grafton" when someone comes on here (and someone will) claiming South was classless after tonight's game.

Post and responses like this remind me of the Elementary school playground. "You cheated!" "Oh yeah?! You're ugly!" "Oh yeah?!" And so on and so forth.

It's been claimed and cited that some Red River fans are classless. Instead of saying "Well, maybe some are" and then going on with class, the typical response is for a Red River fan to find something faultworthy of the other team. "Kringstad is a baby!" or "Did you see him do this/that?"

Useless finger pointing. I guess that's what I call classless too. If the person is wrong, then correct that person. If that person has cause to feel a certain way and you disagree, disagree. But to disagree by pointing at another team's players and calling them classless in response to such allegations is in itself classless.

Is South a classy team? Do they have classy fans? Sure. Are there any classless fans that root for South? I'm positive there are. But I'm not going to point to GFRR's fans and say "Look at what they did vs. Grafton" when someone comes on here (and someone will) claiming South was classless after tonight's game.

This is just hilarious to see what people are posting about the GPR/RR game! Instead of ripping on the RR student section, who did nothing wrong other than cheer for their team, people might want to take a look at Tony Kringstad. His actions on the ice last night were some of the classless acts I have ever seen as far as sportsmanship by a player. I don't see what his deal is buy anyways, there is no point to argue the goal in OT by RR because it is not going to get changed. It looked to me that Meland was in the crease but once the ref signaled it a goal you can't change the call. There is nothing that you can do now except to keep on arguing about it.

The official who made that terrible call was Eslinger. I agree that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. I usually don't gripe about the officials, but that was inexcusable. I hope who ever is in charge of the officials in this state take alook at that and at least reprimand him. I certainly hope he doesn't work anymore games in this tournament.

I was sitting very close to this play, and had a clear view of what happened. Gregoire may have pushed him, but not any harder than what normally happens after a whistle in front of the net. I don't think he deserved a penalty at all. It looked to me like Weisgarber intentionally hit Ness in the head while falling. I'm sure many of you have skated/played hockey before, which means you have also fallen while skating. It is not that hard to control where you are putting your hands when you are landing. Weisgarber clearly took a shot at Ness...which was stupid anyway because Ness is the third best goalie on the team. I don't know why he has been playing...experience for next year maybe?

I was sitting very close to this play, and had a clear view of what happened. Gregoire may have pushed him, but not any harder than what normally happens after a whistle in front of the net. I don't think he deserved a penalty at all. It looked to me like Weisgarber intentionally hit Ness in the head while falling. I'm sure many of you have skated/played hockey before, which means you have also fallen while skating. It is not that hard to control where you are putting your hands when you are landing. Weisgarber clearly took a shot at Ness...which was stupid anyway because Ness is the third best goalie on the team. I don't know why he has been playing...experience for next year maybe?

You honestly think Paul Weisgarber would intentionally hit Ness in the head after his team just scored? The play would have never occured if the Central d-man had not taken a blatant attack at Weisgarber from behind. I don't know how a ref can claim any responsibility on Weisgarber. How about we stand you up infront of a laying goalie and cross check you from behind and see if you control where your hands go. In any case I guess you could be right, someone who is up for Mr. Hockey is probably looking for all the penalty minutes he can get. You know, to help his cause in winning.

Maybe it is time for a little humor so I thought I'd reflect on the posts of the past few days and try and enlighten everyone. Here is what I came up with:

Weel, eye haed read al theese pots peopel haed wretten bout the james ate da Reelp ahhrena and eye watch gmes two. Keds tri herd two won and skore in da nett. Eyue wnt me teem two won ale there gameys and mace al toorneyment two. Eye donut kare howe them wine butt jist beet da ather teem. Eye ahgree mit oldd aluminum wehn hee sez two pley mit klass. Eye doneknoww iff any playahh kan ery tyme here, as oldd allumna sez, in ppost #2282, "little sioux student crowd wiht teh sieves."

Can Minot please win a first round game next year so we don't have to listen to Wilbur complain about the Red River fans? Red River fans throw stuff, the goal was no good, geez get over it.

Everytime a #1 seed Minot team loses to the #4 East seed, it sets back west hockey even more than it aleady is.

I don't think that there is anything inappropriate about mentioning the unfortunate activity of throwing things on the ice. It does not matter who does it. In my book it is appropriate to complain about it and I would hope people would complain regardless of how their team does in the tournament - or even if they are in the tournament.

Regarding West hockey I think they did a relatively good job overall. In terms of final scores in the first round the gap was reasonably close. Central's empty netter gave them a two goal win in essentially a one goal game. South has taken apart most of the east region teams but Devils Lake kept it to 5-2. Grafton did handle Williston but they had a player(s) missing and Bismarck came back to push Red River. Clearly, there is more to the game than the final score.

I would like to comment on the Red River fans, but I will after tonight's game. I heard them calling the officials old, but that was about it. I thought it was rather funny. I didn;t hear them rip on the refs' weight for the first time as long as I can remember. That is what I heard anyway. I have heard worse since I have been going to the state and EDC tournaments since 1993. As far as the call on Weisgarber, they had to call it a 5 minute for the injury. I have no further comment on the call however...

Red River is going to come out gunning tonight. I hope South will as well.

Good luck to both, keep it clean, but go South!

As far as the call on Weisgarber, they had to call it a 5 minute for the injury. I have no further comment on the call however...

If you're going to go that route, then technically it should have been a five minute major plus a game misconduct.

USA Hockey Rule 608(b): A major plus a game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who injures an opponent by

Congrats to Central and more importantly Tony Bina. Central was down in talent this year, but he took what he had and did the best he could. He got his team together and playing their best hockey at the right time of the year. Congrats to Central and Tony Bina for taking home the 3rd place trophy this season.

You honestly think Paul Weisgarber would intentionally hit Ness in the head after his team just scored? The play would have never occured if the Central d-man had not taken a blatant attack at Weisgarber from behind. I don't know how a ref can claim any responsibility on Weisgarber. How about we stand you up infront of a laying goalie and cross check you from behind and see if you control where your hands go. In any case I guess you could be right, someone who is up for Mr. Hockey is probably looking for all the penalty minutes he can get. You know, to help his cause in winning.

Whoa, easy there...

In the end, he still hit the goalie in the head. That warrants the 5:00 major.

If you are willing to be the goalie laying on the ice, I'd be willing to take a light cross check to the back and see where my hands end up

All hostility aside, the bottom line is that South won, Central lost, and nobody will remember this "incident" two weeks from now.